incident while OCing

This is a discussion on incident while OCing within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Great story, I nearly shed a tear just reading it. I'm fairly new to having guns in the house and some of my kids are ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: incident while OCing

Great story, I nearly shed a tear just reading it. I'm fairly new to having guns in the house and some of my kids are interested in learning to shoot. (I have 10)

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    Are you sure about that? I dont see it in 2923.126
    Thanks for pointing that out I thought that was for all banks.
    However my bank has metal detectors at the door . and those doors that only allow one person to enter the bank at a time they go through one door it shuts behind them then they go through the second into the bank . if you are behind the person you cannot enter through the first door until they have entered the second door it it has closed behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by eggs View Post
    However my bank has metal detectors at the door . and those doors that only allow one person to enter the bank at a time they go through one door it shuts behind them then they go through the second into the bank . if you are behind the person you cannot enter through the first door until they have entered the second door it it has closed behind them.
    Wow - if there's a need for that much security at the bank, then that's all the more reason for carrying - adding your own layer of personal security.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by 03ramit1 View Post
    thanks for the comments guys. as far as making sure her first time is enjoyable. it would be just the 2 of us, and a ruger 10/22 (mine has the youth stock on it) i would sit with her and let her shoot it untill she was ready to leave. i would show her how to use it, and teach her about muzzle awareness. looks like it will be here in about 2 weeks as im busy untill then.
    Just curious - which bank do you use?
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    Wow - if there's a need for that much security at the bank, then that's all the more reason for carrying - adding your own layer of personal security.
    Nope, that's an excellent reason to bank with another bank in another part of town.

I've lived in 16 cities in nine states and the District as an adult and I have never seen a bank entrance like that. I have seen entrances like that in jail and prisons, though.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Huntington Bank , but in the bad parts of town they are all like this.
    Believe me I try to avoid going there if all possible. i drive to diffenet part of town to food shop

my kid then says "He has it because he loves me." She is 5 years old
    Fantastic!

You're starting her out with the right frame of mind.

Nice story.

I have four kids and they have all learned firearm safety and they all shoot.

My 25-year old son has a larger gun collection than dear old dad. My 20-year old son has a few guns, but is currently only allowed to shoot what Uncle Sam issues to him. My19-year old daughter has one handgun for self protection, and I almost feel bad for the poor sap that tries to do harm to her... Her gun handling skills are quite good. My 6-year old daughter is only a year into firearms, but is coming along nicely.

My youngest daughter shooting her .22 rifle on her 5th birthday...
    "Let me guess... This isn't about the alcohol or tobacco."

AzB
    I can't wait to take my daughters to the range. They are 11 and 7. Hope it's not already too late for the 11 yr old...
    Mine finally expressed interest. Now she gets mad if I go to the range without her.

She's 17.
    Az

-- Luck favors the well prepared.

Awesome,Thanks for sharing that.

My daughter consistently embarrasses me when I take her shooting.

She seems to always out shoot me & I gotta hear about it from my so called "friends".

She loves Rocky's Kimber 10mm. This is gonna get expensive.

YOU GOTTA LOVE THAT "GIRL" ! ! ! LOL.

Someone said something like that , and my granddaughter piped up and said something similar, "he does it to be able to protect me, because he loves me". She got a big hug. She was 11 at the time, and 13 yrs old now... and a great shooter... and very safety conscious.

Thats a great story, my wife and I were reading it and we both got a little misty. We have a little boy on the way who is set to be here May 3rd, and i just cant wait till he's old enough to get him out to the range.

thanks for sharing with us!

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    Aww... sounds like a really cute kid. I can't wait til my son is old enough to learn. My girlfriend's nephew shot my 10/22 and seemed to enjoy it.

So there I was I just picked my child up from school. I needed to go to the bank, so I stopped by the house to get my sig (as guns are not allowed at schools, as if we all did not know that allready lol) and grab my cash that I needed to take to the bank. My daughter asks "Dad, why do you always bring your gun with you?" My answer was "because I love you and there are bad people out there, and I want to keep you safe." she looked at me smiled and gave me that your the best dad in the world look. So we get in the car drive over to the bank, and head inside. The teller asks if my daughter can have a sucker. I said sure. Then durring my transaction with the teller, a man waiting in line looks at the guy at the next teller window, and says "She must be a handful if he has to carry a gun." (my child was standing next to me sucking on her sucker. behaiving really well at the time) We all got a laugh out of it, and my kid then says "He has it because he loves me." She is 5 years old and it was a comment that almost made me shead a tear right there in the bank. Everyone got really quiet. From that moment on, untill I held to door open for a lady entering the building, you could of herd a pin drop. People were really thinking about what she had said. On that note I think its about time that I take out the the good 'ol 22 and take her to the range. If she is starting to ask about guns, its time to start training her in there proper use.
    Nice story. Kids say the darn'est things...
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli" Clemenza

…..I cannot even CC in the banks here
    Are you sure about that? I dont see it in 2923.126
    Huntington Bank , but in the bad parts of town they are all like this.
    Believe me I try to avoid going there if all possible. i drive to diffenet part of town to food shop
    @EGG’S -
    mrjam2jab is correct. It is totally legal to carry into a bank in Ohio unless the individual bank’s decision is to post a moronic “no guns” sign. The vast majority of the banks here do not post. They honor our right to carry.

I also bank at the Huntington. Their corporate wide policy permits customers with guns, and I have never heard of one being posted. My local branch also has the double trap door arrangement. It is not designed to keep out legitimate customers with guns. It is designed for screening/profiling inbound individuals that have Bank Robbery on their minds.

So long as you don’t look like a group of gang bangers, thugs; and don't fit the Unabomber/Bonny & Clyde profile…..they will buzz you right in, gun and all, after they get a look at you. Those doors are not an antigun issue, they are a “we don’t want to be robbed” issue. I wish all banks had them. I walk through those doors a couple times every week while packing. I have never had a problem because I always leave my ski mask in the car!
    John -
    "The story you are about to hear is true; the names have been changed to protect the innocent."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links