Open carry in ct?????

This is a discussion on Open carry in ct????? within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; OK. Everyone interested in hearing what I have to say email to mlakeesq@yahoo.com I will need to know who & how many people I'm going ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Open carry in ct?????

OK.

Everyone interested in hearing what I have to say email to mlakeesq@yahoo.com

I will need to know who & how many people I'm going to be talking to and prefered schedules (evening during the week...sunday morning...what?).

I'll find some place if it's needed, otherwise, we will all take over a starbucks for 90 minutes or so if it's just a few people. (90 minutes is just a very short time estimate...it's going to be a lot more time...)

I don't have a lesson plan put togther yet, so if you have specifics that you would like addressed, now's your opportunity to chime in.

Price is still TBA due to location considerations (I duno how much I'm going to have to shell out to get space, and I'm not doing this at a loss...)

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by CLASS3NH View Post
    but if you ever O/C'd in Mass, as more likely well as CT, you're most likely to be cuffed and stuffed, and say goodbye to your guns and permit.
    And I say as I have said to others, please cite specific cases where this has happened on CT since the Goldberg case three years ago. So far, no one has been able to cite any such cases.

Ergo, OC will not automatically result in one being "cuffed and stuffed, and say goodbye to your guns and permit."
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Majorlk View Post
    And I say as I have said to others, please cite specific cases where this has happened on CT since the Goldberg case three years ago. So far, no one has been able to cite any such cases.

Ergo, OC will not automatically result in one being "cuffed and stuffed, and say goodbye to your guns and permit."
    I know what you're saying, and i wasn't trying to instigate anything whith what I said, but just by the way CT and Ma are, and maybe if you got a Buckaroo who stopped you, I'm sure you might be in for a long night of questions. I know, if anybody OCd in Mass, they'd get their permit pulled, resulting in no more bangers. I just hope the OC thing doesn't go Southbound for any of us.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Quote Originally Posted by MitchellCT View Post
    OK.

Everyone interested in hearing what I have to say email to mlakeesq@yahoo.com

I will need to know who & how many people I'm going to be talking to and prefered schedules (evening during the week...sunday morning...what?).

I'll find some place if it's needed, otherwise, we will all take over a starbucks for 90 minutes or so if it's just a few people. (90 minutes is just a very short time estimate...it's going to be a lot more time...)

I don't have a lesson plan put togther yet, so if you have specifics that you would like addressed, now's your opportunity to chime in.

Price is still TBA due to location considerations (I duno how much I'm going to have to shell out to get space, and I'm not doing this at a loss...)

If you need a place to have this talk I will be happy to host it at the gun Club I am a member of (South/Eastern CT) I just need some notice to set it up.
    ***NRA Life Member***
    ***DAV member***
    ***American Legion member***
    ***CCDL member***

Can whoever emailed me previously please resend the emails.

My Yahoo account has for some reason eaten all emails received in the past few days...

Sorry. Just resend what was sent, and I'll save them this time.

Can whoever emailed me previously please resend the emails.

My Yahoo account has for some reason eaten all emails received in the past few days...

Sorry. Just resend what was sent, and I'll save them this time.
    Sent.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Sent.

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar
    Sent.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

I am planning on doing a class/open discussion in the near future on when you can use your weapon, and what to expect in the aftermath of a use of force situation, including what to say to the police, how to arrange bond & raise money in the aftermath of a situation quickly, the criminal court system in CT from a defendant's point of view and other topics yet undecided.

I will make it open to everyone and it will be very low cost because the information is what people need to know if they are going to be carrying a handgun, but I am going to caution you that the content will likely not be what you want to hear, and that you will probably be better served by either not attending, or consulting an attorney who will charge you more and tell you what you want to hear.

As to your right to protect your family, yes. You do have that right...but if you are going to exercise it ignorant of the rules for the use of force in the State of Connecticut, then it's going to be the equivalent of Russian Roulette with a 6 shot .357 wheelgun loaded with 3 rounds.

I don't do assisted suicide, but if that's your thing, I ain't gonna tell you no.

Has any headway been made on this? I'd be interested hearing what you have to say.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links