Cal. legislature moving to shut down open carry - Page 2

Cal. legislature moving to shut down open carry

This is a discussion on Cal. legislature moving to shut down open carry within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm ashamed they used Texas to further an anti-gun movement....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cal. legislature moving to shut down open carry

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    I'm ashamed they used Texas to further an anti-gun movement.

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    What good is a right, if you are unable to use it?

If they OC, they risk losing the right to.
    If they don't, then the right goes unused.

Paradox?

Saldana broke the law by having in her possesion body armor,let alone wearing it. She's not law enforcement.
    Fate makes demands of flesh and blood. And what does it often demand? Flesh and blood!

Florida, Illinois, Texas and the District of Columbia have a similar open-carry ban, according to the Legal Community Against Violence, a public interest law center based in San Francisco.
    Look How well that's worked for Illinois & the District Of Columbia!
    Texas & Florida don't count because they are "shall issue". Apples & Oranges.

TB
    "Guns donít injure or kill people, I have never seen a court case where a gun was sent to prison instead of the person who used it."
    Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by qwert View Post
    Saldana broke the law by having in her possesion body armor,let alone wearing it. She's not law enforcement.
    That law only applied to violent felons, and was struck down recently anyway. Anyone can possess body armor in California.
    Slow is smooth.....smooth is fast.

ntg
    Get out while you can....

I agree w/ all else said.
    M&P Shield9; RIA 1911 Tactical 9mm;...many long guns

Quote Originally Posted by joker1 View Post
    Typical Commiefornia mentality, Ihope this doesn't pass but I fear it will.
    I'm sure it'll pass.

I spent a decade in Hellifornia, then left and never looked back!

If people want to go for the shock therapy of social interaction, don't be stunned when the people they encounter dislike it and want it to end.

The open carry gatherings at Starbucks, being confrontational about "asserting their rights"...brilliant.

If they really wanted to make a dent, they should have been filing equal protection law suits demanding fair treatment in ccw issuance.

But no...it's a lot easier to make a statement by wearing a gun. It's a tactic that NEVER works.

It's a tactic that makes you look like a moron with a gun.

No sympathy. You want to fight? Do it right. Otherwise, you just give the other side target practice.

Quote Originally Posted by MitchellCT View Post
    If people want to go for the shock therapy of social interaction, don't be stunned when the people they encounter dislike it and want it to end.

The open carry gatherings at Starbucks, being confrontational about "asserting their rights"...brilliant.

If they really wanted to make a dent, they should have been filing equal protection law suits demanding fair treatment in ccw issuance.

But no...it's a lot easier to make a statement by wearing a gun. It's a tactic that NEVER works.

It's a tactic that makes you look like a moron with a gun.

No sympathy. You want to fight? Do it right. Otherwise, you just give the other side target practice.
    This makes too much sense. It must be attacked, degraded, and made fun of immediately.
    Somebody must quote the rule at the top of the forum quickly before a well thought out statement gets posted.

I mean really, what did those guys in Ca. expect? Of course they will make OC illegal. You shouldn't scare the sheep. Especially when sheep vote.

Quote Originally Posted by qwert View Post
    I thought that too. Would've made a good point to have someone cite her and confiscate it.
    Knowing is half the battle.

Quote Originally Posted by phair12 View Post
    i have no interested in going to California ever. it is like going to anartica. no desire.
    I've been to the Arctic. Won't go back. And I'd move to California, but never as a citizen. And not willingly as LE or MIL... Something about a state that's more broke than anyone of my starving college friends...

I was in CA recently and did UOC there. I didn't really run in to anyone that was flipping out over it. I had a few people that came up to me and asked about it, and if it was something that they could do also.

Honestly, I think the CA extremists are going to push the population to the brink out there and things will get very ugly.
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws... serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Cesare Beccaria

All I can say is that crossing east over the Colorado River might be a moving experience. As much as I HATE to see liberal Kalifornians moving into Arizona, I welcome true conservatives from anywhere.

In fact, I'd be willing to make a great trade to Kalifornia. We could offer two or three liberals for each conservative they send us...while supplies last, of course.

Daryl

Quote Originally Posted by aedinius View Post
    I thought that too. Would've made a good point to have someone cite her and confiscate it.
    Wouldn't she have to be a convicted felon for the body armor to be unlawful in Cali?

Quote Originally Posted by maddyfish View Post
    This makes too much sense. It must be attacked, degraded, and made fun of immediately.
    Somebody must quote the rule at the top of the forum quickly before a well thought out statement gets posted.
    I would have been afraid to even say that.

[QUOTE=Bandolero;1592483]Wouldn't she have to be a convicted felon for the body armor to be unlawful in Cali?

From what I gather it is legal to own and wear if you are not a felon. I know the law varies from state to state.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links