OC in oklahoma

This is a discussion on OC in oklahoma within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; from what i can gather its a no but i prefer to open carry its more comfortable etc. but im curious im sure theres alot ...

Thread: OC in oklahoma

OC in oklahoma

from what i can gather its a no but i prefer to open carry its more comfortable etc. but im curious im sure theres alot i dont know so thought i would ask

2. Remove Ads

Looks like you are right. Here is more info from OCDO maps.

OpenCarry.org - State Information For Oklahoma
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Open carry is specifically prohibited in Oklahoma law. IIRC you can open carry to/from your vehicle while it's on your property, but I can't guarantee a nosy neighbor couldn't get a cop to charge you with disturbing the peace or something stupid like that.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by paaiyan View Post
    Open carry is specifically prohibited in Oklahoma law. IIRC you can open carry to/from your vehicle while it's on your property, but I can't guarantee a nosy neighbor couldn't get a cop to charge you with disturbing the peace or something stupid like that.
    May not be illegal to much longer. OC has passed the senate and on t othe house.

Yes Ssmo, actually that passed the State Senate today! I've got a thread in this section with a link to a story, albeit a fairly biased one.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Links