Need some help for school - Page 2

Need some help for school

This is a discussion on Need some help for school within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I would also through in the report/paper about how us Open carry people at the tea parties around the country and Students in Utah that ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need some help for school

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    I would also through in the report/paper about how us Open carry people at the tea parties around the country and Students in Utah that are allowed to carry concealed on campus have not went crazy and shoot people up or create problems. An armed society is a polity society.
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

Quote Originally Posted by scott625 View Post
    Just be mindful that correlation is not the same as causation. Open carry, is probably less statistically significant, from a statistical regression perspective than the number of permits, firearms, region, unemployment,etc. I would look to prominent economists such as John Lott for statistical info rather than anecdotal evidence.
    Yes, I have decided to drop this part of the report and replace it with a section on firearms safety.
    ***NRA Life Member***
    ***DAV member***
    ***American Legion member***
    ***CCDL member***

Figured this .pdf could be really helpful for your project:

http://gunfacts.info/pdfs/gun-facts/...5.1-screen.pdf

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EBC View Post
    Thank you guys. Sorry about the spelling I have never been good at it, but give me a firearm and I can field strip it in a few seconds.
    Great line!

'Nother old schoolteacher here: keep working on being excellent at ALL you do, including presenting yourself in print. In all seriousness, your ability to present yourself in print PROBABLY will have a greater impact on the well-being of your family/futurefamily than any skill with firearms. I am a firm believer in protecting the family with a violent response to any violent attack - don't get me wrong! - but your writing skills will have a great effect on your career. Cheers for you, for pursuing your education, for admitting a weakness in spelling while effectively incorporating humor and addressing well your audience, and for your interest in protecting your family.

(And before I get flamed for my own errors of grammar here: I am deliberately writing as I might speak to EBC over a cup of coffee for the literary effect.)
    Recently updated website: http://www.damagedphotorepair.com

Quote Originally Posted by Agave View Post
    Phoenix is hardly in the South.
    Hey, on this end of the country, the qualifications for North and South are all a matter of altitude, and IMI (Illegal Mexican Immigrant) density.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Quote Originally Posted by EBC View Post
    Thank you guys. Sorry about the spelling I have never been good at it, but give me a firearm and I can field strip it in a few seconds.
    Which ability is going to be the most help in your education, and your search for employment? How'd you learn to field strip a firearm? You practiced it. You worked at it. You didn't just say "I have never been good at it."
    For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him, should not perish, but have everlasting life.
    John 3:16 (NKJV)

Quote Originally Posted by aedinius View Post
    Phoenix, AZ has 1.4 million people. Detroit, MI has 1 million. AZ and MI allow for open carry. That'd give a good Southern and Northern state.
    I hate to be the one saying this. The problem with using Phoenix, AZ is that they have a massive gangs problem with a huge murder rate of over one murder per day. My wife moved when her son became a teen because in Phoenix, AZ he did not have the choice to not join a gang and live. His only option to live would have been which gang he joined. There in lies the problem with stats if you have a point you want to prove you can be selective about where you get your stats from. If you want to argue for OC Phoenix, AZ is not the best example. If you want to use cities that permit OC and have low crime rates consider Seattle. It is legal to OC there the police and public for the most part accept it and generally the murder rate is low.
    Washington DC bans OC and has the highest murder rate in the country.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Yes Have I never been good at spelling but As you can See I have never given up on trying to get better. As in all things I strive to do the best I can. I am sure that we all have had skill sets that where harder for us to learn and develop.
    ***NRA Life Member***
    ***DAV member***
    ***American Legion member***
    ***CCDL member***

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links