Local University protest - Page 2

Local University protest

This is a discussion on Local University protest within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Dakota97 That may not be the way to get positive attention for OC. It appears that the "in your face demonstrations" in ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 29 of 29

Thread: Local University protest

  1. #16
    VIP Member Array LongRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    2,621
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakota97 View Post
    That may not be the way to get positive attention for OC. It appears that the "in your face demonstrations" in California is going to end up causing a total ban on OC there as the legislature in working on a law to stop it.
    Straw man argument IMO. Two different worlds the Rulers of the Peoples Republic of California routinely make decisions on what they think is best for their subjects who expect their government to provide for them.

    The State of Alaska has no subjects nor rulers. The people of Alaska are free hardworking independent self reliant liberty loving citizens of a free state in a free nation. One of only three states in the union that respects their own Constitution and the Constitution of the United States as written. Alaska is run by the people. Not by second generation nazi socialists like Peoples Republic of California is

    What happens in one is no indication of what will happen in the other
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

    Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family


  2. #17
    Member Array keester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by LongRider View Post
    The State of Alaska has no subjects nor rulers. The people of Alaska are free hardworking independent self reliant liberty loving citizens of a free state in a free nation.
    lol, they're also a bunch of lazy socialists collecting checks from the state-owned oil companies. It's a weird dichotomy they've got going on up there

  3. #18
    Senior Member Array rmodel65's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    my house
    Posts
    934
    Quote Originally Posted by nutz4utwo View Post
    Make sure you you'all stay within every single federal and state law if you are going to do this. Even tie your shoe laces the correct way. You are playing with fire.

    I am curious, why is a university banning firearms unconstitutional? Just want to hear your argument...


    Umm is it really that hard to see?? the answer is Govt has to protect my rights or it is to be abolished and the Alaska Constitution says the State can not infringe on the right to bear arms at all


    The University is a branch of government and because it is such its main purpose is to protect civil rights.



    DECLARATION OF RIGHTS

    Section 1.1 - Inherent Rights.

    This constitution is dedicated to the principles that all persons have a natural right to life, liberty, the pursuit of happiness, and the enjoyment of the rewards of their own industry; that all persons are equal and entitled to equal rights, opportunities, and protection under the law; and that all persons have corresponding obligations to the people and to the State.

    Section 1.2 - Source of Government.

    All political power is inherent in the people. All government originates with the people, is founded upon their will only, and is instituted solely for the good of the people as a whole.


    Section 1.5 - Freedom of Speech.

    Every person may freely speak, write, and publish on all subjects, being responsible for the abuse of that right.

    Section 1.6 - Assembly; Petition.

    The right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government shall never be abridged.



    Section 1.19 - Right to Keep and Bear Arms.

    A well-regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. The individual right to keep and bear arms shall not be denied or infringed by the State or a political subdivision of the State.
    S&W M&P40/M&P9c OC rigs
    S&W 640-1 or Sig P238 as a CC rig
    proud www.georgiacarry.org member
    Second Amendment Foundation Life member

  4. #19
    Senior Member Array AlexHassin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    the North East
    Posts
    552
    under that argument the state can not ban firearms in the capital buildings or in state police barrakes, or court rooms or jails. also the "good of the people as a whole" might provide some issues depending apon the reader

  5. #20
    Senior Member Array rmodel65's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    my house
    Posts
    934
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexHassin View Post
    under that argument the state can not ban firearms in the capital buildings or in state police barrakes, or court rooms or jails. also the "good of the people as a whole" might provide some issues depending apon the reader


    you think....just make you check them in those secure locations and bamm gtg
    S&W M&P40/M&P9c OC rigs
    S&W 640-1 or Sig P238 as a CC rig
    proud www.georgiacarry.org member
    Second Amendment Foundation Life member

  6. #21
    Senior Member Array AlexHassin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    the North East
    Posts
    552
    Quote Originally Posted by rmodel65 View Post
    you think....just make you check them in those secure locations and bamm gtg
    bamm gtg? i dont know that phrase

  7. #22
    Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,226
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexHassin View Post
    bamm gtg? i dont know that phrase
    GTG typically means "Good to Go". I think he meant "....and bam! You're good to go"

  8. #23
    Senior Member Array rmodel65's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    my house
    Posts
    934
    yep :P
    S&W M&P40/M&P9c OC rigs
    S&W 640-1 or Sig P238 as a CC rig
    proud www.georgiacarry.org member
    Second Amendment Foundation Life member

  9. #24
    Member Array Shotgun Willie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    242
    Can someone please help me understand how this is even a issue with universities anymore? I thought the University of Utah's loss in supreme court was the end of university bans on legal carry on campus. Am I missing or misunderstanding something?
    HK USP .45
    HK P2000sk .40

  10. #25
    Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,226
    Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun Willie View Post
    Can someone please help me understand how this is even a issue with universities anymore? I thought the University of Utah's loss in supreme court was the end of university bans on legal carry on campus. Am I missing or misunderstanding something?
    Um, because the Utah Supreme Court's ruling on Utah's laws don't apply in Alaska? (Or any other state for that matter.)

  11. #26
    Member Array Shotgun Willie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    242
    Thought it went to federal court not state. Thanks for clarifying.
    HK USP .45
    HK P2000sk .40

  12. #27
    Senior Member Array rmodel65's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    my house
    Posts
    934
    Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun Willie View Post
    Thought it went to federal court not state. Thanks for clarifying.


    i wish...its a felony to carry on a college campus here in GA :(
    S&W M&P40/M&P9c OC rigs
    S&W 640-1 or Sig P238 as a CC rig
    proud www.georgiacarry.org member
    Second Amendment Foundation Life member

  13. #28
    VIP Member Array LongRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    2,621
    Quote Originally Posted by keester View Post
    lol, they're also a bunch of lazy socialists collecting checks from the state-owned oil companies. It's a weird dichotomy they've got going on up there
    You need to check your facts private oil companies pay the citizens of Alaska for using state land and resources ie the citizen's land and resources.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

    Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

  14. #29
    Senior Member Array ep1953's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kodak TN
    Posts
    1,174
    Quote Originally Posted by keester View Post
    lol, they're also a bunch of lazy socialists collecting checks from the state-owned oil companies. It's a weird dichotomy they've got going on up there
    I lived in Alaska during the 90's. Went up in February of 1990 and stayed till August of 1999. The people were in fact hard working and I didn't see any socialists. Of course I didn't spend any time on the university campus. That might have been the only place to find socialists up there.

    As for the permanent fund, the dividend topped out at about 1,200 per person per year as I remember when I was there. I don't know what it is now but I don't think many people could live on that.

    It was a good place to live but I was there long enough. Happy to be back in the hills. I do need to get back up there this summer and visit some friends.
    Last edited by ep1953; May 6th, 2010 at 06:17 PM. Reason: spelling, again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. University security officers "on leave" after exposing university's anti-gun policy
    By cyberdogg in forum The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: January 15th, 2011, 09:05 PM
  2. Law enforcement in AZ protest?
    By TomEgun in forum Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: June 7th, 2010, 01:21 AM
  3. Local University tries to stop shooting range
    By Phantoms in forum The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: March 3rd, 2010, 08:41 AM
  4. Illegals Protest
    By Doc Holliday in forum Off Topic & Humor Discussion
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: May 4th, 2006, 02:06 PM