OMG, They really do belive that open carry is a threat - Page 4

OMG, They really do belive that open carry is a threat

This is a discussion on OMG, They really do belive that open carry is a threat within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by INccwchris ...I did not belive that someone could genuinely be worried about someone conducting their business. But i was talking to my ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by INccwchris View Post
    ...I did not belive that someone could genuinely be worried about someone conducting their business. But i was talking to my friend, and she expressed that she would be genuinely worried to the point of leaving where she was because someone was peacefully carrying a sidearm on their hip...
    An intense, persistent, unreasoning fear of an object, often causing an excessive desire to avoid the feared object.
    Quote Originally Posted by INccwchris View Post
    ...She...yelped when a gentleman unholstered and handed his gun over to be fitted for a crimson trace grip because, and i quote, "he pulled it out and i thought he was going to shoot us." which drew a funny look from the clerk. we got her mace and the three of us headed back to the truck. her friend looked at me and goes, mind if we go back in, i think i might want one of those spray thingies too...so alex...stayed in the truck to compose herself...
    An irrational response that interferes with normal activities and causes extreme anxiety.

People sometimes use the word "hoplophobia" to describe anti's and people who don't like guns and choose not to be around them, but hoplophobia is also a true phobia and more than a rational dislike of guns. Sounds like your friend could use some help with her anxiety.
    - Tom
    You have the power to donate life.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jumpwing View Post
    She's really going to freak out if she ever grasps the concept that criminals hide their guns. "My God, it could be ANY of these people!!! AUUGGGHHHHH!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by WhoWeBePart1 View Post
    As an atheist I have learned this.

No matter how well you present facts. Some people will never change their mind.

I meant no insult at all to anyone. I was just stating a fact and nothing more. My goal was not to hijack the thread or turn it into a religious fight. I know what it is like to present facts to people and they refuse to accept your fact as truth and this is something I learned being an atheist.
    Curious , as a Christian I've realized the same truth. You simply can not have a fact based conversation/debate with an emotional based person. Fear is the same way, maybe even more so.

Most people I've met believe what they want, what makes them feel good or what they've been told to believe. I've found very few that are willing to actually look up the available facts, wade through the reference material and make their decisions based on fact.

I think this is true regardless of the topic. Politics, religion, caliber, car make and the list goes on.

Holdcard
    If You Want To POPULATE Heaven
    You Have To PLUNDER Hell!!

4th Man Ministries

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumper View Post
    We need to move this away from a religious discussion and get it back on topic or the thread will be closed....
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    One warning was already given by Bumper reference the religious aspect in this thread. So far, that has been ignored. One more and the thread is done, infractions to be handed out. Its done, its over. Enough is enough.
    There is nothing else to say.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links