OMG, They really do belive that open carry is a threat

This is a discussion on OMG, They really do belive that open carry is a threat within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've been "stalking" this forum for quite some time and reading about how people are deathly afraid of a gun on an innocent man, or ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: OMG, They really do belive that open carry is a threat

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar

OMG, They really do belive that open carry is a threat

I've been "stalking" this forum for quite some time and reading about how people are deathly afraid of a gun on an innocent man, or womans, belt. I did not belive that someone could genuinely be worried about someone conducting their business. But i was talking to my friend, and she expressed that she would be genuinely worried to the point of leaving where she was because someone was peacefully carrying a sidearm on their hip, then again i have a friend who fears escalators so i guess i should not be surprised anymore
    Last edited by Bumper; April 26th, 2010 at 03:29 PM. Reason: Removed political comments
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    I don't get it either. It's funny how people are not afraid of a gun when its on the hip of someone wearing a blue uniform, badge, and duty belt but the moment someone with a gun on their hip wearing jeans and a polo shirt walks in... its like Satan himself walked in.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    She's really going to freak out if she ever grasps the concept that criminals hide their guns. "My God, it could be ANY of these people!!! AUUGGGHHHHH!!!"
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

As an atheist I have learned this.

No matter how well you present facts. Some people will never change their mind.

I meant no insult at all to anyone. I was just stating a fact and nothing more. My goal was not to hijack the thread or turn it into a religious fight. I know what it is like to present facts to people and they refuse to accept your fact as truth and this is something I learned being an atheist.
    Last edited by WhoWeBePart1; April 26th, 2010 at 05:53 PM.

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    well, we continued talking and i posed the question of well, who do you call when you need help, and she answered well obviously the police. and then i said, hmmm, so when you're in trouble, you call people with guns to your house..........................she didn't get it, but she did agree that she needs to have her SA up and have an option for self-defense, i'm taking her to get a Kimber pepper blaster tomorrow when i get off work

i'm not sure how she will react to all those scary people with guns working in the gun store where they sell them, should be interesting
    Last edited by INccwchris; April 26th, 2010 at 12:40 AM. Reason: forgot something
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Quote Originally Posted by INccwchris View Post
    well, we continued talking and i posed the question of well, who do you call when you need help, and she answered well obviously the police. and then i said, hmmm, so when you're in trouble, you call people with guns to your house..........................she didn't get it, but she did agree that she needs to have her SA up and have an option for self-defense, i'm taking her to get a Kimber pepper blaster tomorrow when i get off work

i'm not sure how she will react to all those scary people with guns working in the gun store where they sell them, should be interesting
    Keep us posted!
    “The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

I'm reminded of the signature line I've seen on this forum, to the effect that "If you don't want to carry a gun, or believe in God, that's your choice. But I bet if you hear someone breaking into your house you're going to call someone with a gun and pray they get there in time."
    In the heat of the moment, what matters is what your body knows -- not what your mind knows.

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoWeBePart1 View Post

The second part of your post is true. The first part makes it a slam against people of faith, implying they are willfully ignorant or intellectually inferior to you. It's insulting, irrelevant, and inappropriate to this forum.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

Quote Originally Posted by jumpwing View Post
    The second part of your post is true. The first part makes it a slam against people of faith, implying they are willfully ignorant or intellectually inferior to you. It's insulting, irrelevant, and inappropriate to this forum.
    I took that just the opposite. I think what meant is that anti-gun folks don't under stand gun nuts just as religious people tend to not understand atheists.

AzB

Religion, by definition, is based on faith. Facts will never enter into it.
    Az

-- Luck favors the well prepared.

People are constantly being told by the mainstream media that guns are inherently evil. It should come as no surprise that some believe that nonsense.
    America: Your government is not ignoring you, it's insulting you.

The Bill of Rights: Void where prohibited by law.

Huh?

They've proven God doesn't exist?

Quote Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
    Huh?

Then I would have to ask...Who are/is THEY?

Yes people do have lagitamate fear of firearms.

I have a very good friend that doesn't like guns because of fear. BUT he supports 2A, and doesn't have a problem with people owning them.

Just don't break one out with him around....he gets squimish. I respect that and do what I can to not upset him. Heck He even knows I carry with him around...just don't bring it out around him.

mrm

That would be if any of the facts you are pertaining to actually made any sense whatsoever (impossible in science today means impossible in science 2 billion years ago, the magic ingredient is not time and you people cant figure that out evolution has limits) by the way this is for the dig about the athiest thing not trying to capture the thread I live in Montana so its pretty common out here to see open carry.
    "I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
    - Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
    Huh?

Lets not turn this into a religious debate.

Scientifically speaking you don't/can't prove a negative. You support a positive hypothesis. If there is evidence(facts) to support a positive then the negative corollary is unlikely.

I think that WhoWeBePart1 was simply stating that the anti crowd is complete blind to logical reason and discussion.
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links