Armed man arrested as Obama left N.C. (Merged) - Page 4

Armed man arrested as Obama left N.C. (Merged)

This is a discussion on Armed man arrested as Obama left N.C. (Merged) within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Hopyard Frogbones, one has to look at the whole picture. The original article had this comment: "Authorities say he had a car ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Armed man arrested as Obama left N.C. (Merged)

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Frogbones, one has to look at the whole picture.

The original article had this comment: "Authorities say he had a car equipped with police gear, including a siren and flashing lights."

I am pretty darn sure that around here that by itself is illegal unless it is on an LE official car, fire department vehicle or pov of a volunteer fire fighter, and a few other exceptions for security companies and emergency vehicles of one sort or another.

While each of the items listed from gun to lights to siren to question he asked by themselves could be innocent, the whole picture needs to be viewed. We do allow cases to be based on circumstantial evidence and have convicted many people of murder on that basis. Here, the circumstantial evidence as a whole is that he was up to no good. Yes, 100K bail sounds pretty good to me.
    Uhmm I'm not sure I understand......"look at the whole picture"?

The dude is wacked.....what else did I miss?

Quote Originally Posted by yale View Post
    I'm willing to wait and give the guy a chance to make his case. I've dealt with the media and know how they can twist a story. I've dealt with LEOs and know how they can react to someone not fitting the norm. I wasn't there, I don't know the guy and I think it's premature to declare judgement on him based on what we have so far.

Amen to that. Our Judicial system in theory is innocent until proven guilty. If he has not clearly broken the law then leave him alone. He is in definite need of a counselor, but actual guilt????? Bad judgement on his part is not necessarily criminal.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogbones View Post

Frog, I think Hopyard meant to say that to another member about the "100k". Dunno.

On a side note--He was deemed not a threat, (but simply a "law enforcement buff" IE, wannabee idiot...., and will be released soon. Ahh the gene pool....)
    Stop acting like we're fightin' for "freedom". We are ALREADY....free.

I was suprised that this has completely fallen out of the news cycle. It hardly made an impact last night. Starting to look like there was no foul intent and really no story.
    pro-CZ's, pro-AR's, anti-CZAR's

Quote Originally Posted by cz2075bd View Post
    I was suprised that this has completely fallen out of the news cycle. It hardly made an impact last night. Starting to look like there was no foul intent and really no story.
    I think the guy is a nut (I could be wrong, LE / media might have messed with him to make it look bad). It confuses those who are pro-gun and anti-gun to figure out how to make this work for them.

Sure anti-gun might point out how easy a nut gets a gun, etc. However, the story changed, and they guy may not be as guilty as they made it out. Then they get concerned that it looks a lot like profiling. In the end, no one was shot, so they have other stories to lead with.

On the other end, pro-gun does not like the profiling, but are cautious to get to loud, because it looks like a turd is in the punch bowl.
    NRA Member
    S&W 642 (no-lock) with .38 Spl +P 135 GR Gold GDHP
    Glock G31 & G33 with .357 Sig 125 GR. SXT Winchester Ranger

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

There are quite a few 'wacked' people who volunteer for various public safety related positions. If you call 911 in many jurisdictions for a fire or medical emergency, there is likely to be at least one 'wacked' yute there. That used to be me about 25 years ago.

Around here we might call them squirrels, fire/rescue geeks, badge bunnies, etc. They get all involved, must have every last thing they can possibly have screwed to their vehicle and belted to their hip.

I doubt (hope) he had a real siren. You see, there's a siren 'box' that makes the woo woo noises, but then you need a siren speaker to make the electric noises actually come out. It's possible he was using the siren box as a PA system. Most states don't allow private vehicles operated by volunteer fire/EMS to have sirens, but limited lights are OK.

As for 'wanting to see the President,' the term 'see' can have different meetings. See as in obtain visual sighting, and see as in have a face to face meeting. I am guessing he just wanted to watch BHO do the Pres walk and fly away.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

- Impossible Missions Force
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

VIP Member

re: Frogbones

You didn't miss anything. Theory Realm explained it.

Senior Member Array Ragin Cajun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ep1953 View Post
    I would like to call BS on this.

The guy may be pathetic, he appears to be a LEO wanna be and a fan of president obama. Neither of these things is illegal!

He wasn't charged with threatening the president, impersonating a police officer, carrying a weapon in a prohibited area or any other felony. We was charged with going armed to the terror of the public BS and for this the bail is set at one hundred thousand dollars???? It also appears he should be charged with driving without a license, but I still can't see a 100 grand bail for that.

At the risk of stating the obvious, it appears to me that things are going a little overboard in this country.
    I agree 100%. It high lights a bigger problem with the government.

Open Carry should be for Cops and Uniformed Guards of some sorts and types only, just my opinion. Nobody needs to know if I have a sidearm unless deemed neccesary. Human trains of thoughts are too messy and hard to understand most times. Since my PHD in Social Psycology is not gonna happen, everyone is on a need to know basis.
    This guy is obviously not dealing w/a full deck, NC law demands that you be playing w/a full deck of cards before purchasing and or owning a firearm legally. He should be at least put into a mental institution for a while to determine why he would do everything possible to put himself in jail for life.

Quote Originally Posted by Tbonedemon View Post
    Open Carry should be for Cops and Uniformed Guards of some sorts and types only, just my opinion. Nobody needs to know if I have a sidearm unless deemed neccesary. Human trains of thoughts are too messy and hard to understand most times. Since my PHD in Social Psycology is not gonna happen, everyone is on a need to know basis.
    This guy is obviously not dealing w/a full deck, NC law demands that you be playing w/a full deck of cards before purchasing and or owning a firearm legally. He should be at least put into a mental institution for a while to determine why he would do everything possible to put himself in jail for life.
    Seriously? Wow, there is so much wrong there. NC demands that you have not committed a felony or been institutionalized and not have any domestic violence issues. Nothing about a full deck, just not breaking the law. And glad the NC Supreme Court sees OC in a different light. And should anyone else who has not actually broken a law be thrown into a mental institution? And what did he do to deserve jail for life?

The guy definitely made a bad decision. Seems doubtful that there was any intent, since they are sticking with the bogus GATTTOTP charge. If he was just OC'ing the judge, according to NCSC case law, should toss it out. A holstered firearm does not qualify as GATTTOTP. If it did CC'ers could find themselves in some hot water if they were printing badly or accidentally exposed the firearm. Luckily, since NC is an OC state that is a non issue. Check out State v Huntly, State v Kerner, and State v JR Speller.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Thansk 'realm.

Gotcha Paramedic.....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links