Open Carried at Credit Union - Page 2

Open Carried at Credit Union

This is a discussion on Open Carried at Credit Union within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I went to my credit union once and as she was processing the transaction she asked me what model/cal it was and if I liked ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Open Carried at Credit Union

I went to my credit union once and as she was processing the transaction she asked me what model/cal it was and if I liked it. Her hubby was looking for a new pistol.

For me...stores = interesting conversations with patrons.
    Walking on streets = LEO's approach me... ah well. At least the weather was bad this weekend when I was sick. Hopefully next weekend I can start going OCing on a more regular basis :)
    Criminals For Gun Control
    Brady's Campaign Pro-Gun Forum

Member: NRA, PG-NH, GO-NH
    Life Member: JPFO, GOA
    Clubs: LF&GC

Quote Originally Posted by Tbonedemon View Post
    Yea, I'm not in agreement w/that law, like if someone is gonna rob a bank they are gonna think, "I better not b/c its illegal to bring that gun in there, I will try another weapon, how about a fork or a kitchen knife," Sometimes I think our law makers use knee pads to get there job done!
    Hello from NC

Perhaps the reason for some states like NC not permitting weapons to be carried in the bank is because it allows for the bank employees to not have to make judgment calls.

For example, if CC is legal, and a BG comes in with a CC gun that is printing, the employees have to wait for him to actually pull it out and point it in someone's face before they can react. If CC is not permitted, then as soon as they realize it's there they could press a silent alarm or whatever.

I'm not saying I'm in favor but I'm just pointing out a possible reason for the law.

Also, the bank manager and employees probably keep their own weapons on hand so they don't need to rely on citizens to defend them.
    "In a world of compromise, some don't." -HK

Quote Originally Posted by sentioch View Post
    Hello from NC

Perhaps the reason for some states like NC not permitting weapons to be carried in the bank is because it allows for the bank employees to not have to make judgment calls.

For example, if CC is legal, and a BG comes in with a CC gun that is printing, the employees have to wait for him to actually pull it out and point it in someone's face before they can react. If CC is not permitted, then as soon as they realize it's there they could press a silent alarm or whatever.

I'm not saying I'm in favor but I'm just pointing out a possible reason for the law.

Also, the bank manager and employees probably keep their own weapons on hand so they don't need to rely on citizens to defend them.
    It's not illegal to carry into a financial institution in NC, just illegal to conceal carry. You can open carry as long as the institution isn't posted.

Quote Originally Posted by NC Bullseye View Post
    It's not illegal to carry into a financial institution in NC, just illegal to conceal carry. You can open carry as long as the institution isn't posted.
    Thanks for correcting me!
    "In a world of compromise, some don't." -HK

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by paaiyan View Post
    Well they didn't call the cops, that's a good sign. You conducted your business and didn't present yourself as a threat. Sounds like you did a service to the 2A community.
    +1.. when more people see OCer's are just normal people that aren't crazy gunman going on a shooting spree, it makes us all look better.
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

Hello from NC

Judgment calls? You how how you determine a BG who is CCing...and a GG who is OCing or CCing? The BG has the gun in his hand...I think you reaching here.

This is very unlikely...and I seriously doubt any bank would expressly permit employees from having weapons at work. I think if that was true, there would be more dead BGs and less successful bank robberies.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NC Bullseye View Post
    So, is NC going to adopt the term "VA Tuck" for your banks.

Wonder how many States actually have a "[fill-in-State-name] Tuck" for places where you can carry open but not concealed.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links