Open Carried at Credit Union

This is a discussion on Open Carried at Credit Union within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Open Carried at Credit Union I open carried at my credit union today. I have been concealed carrying for years there. Today I just didn't ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Open Carried at Credit Union

I open carried at my credit union today. I have been concealed carrying for years there. Today I just didn't feel like un-tucking my shirt and looking like a slob. No one said a word. The teller kept stealing glances at my weapon however - I was carrying in a cross draw position on my left side so my weapon was right up front were he could see it.
    Steven
    The "news media" has ceased being the watch dog of the people and has become the apologist for an irresponsible government.

2. Remove Ads

Well they didn't call the cops, that's a good sign. You conducted your business and didn't present yourself as a threat. Sounds like you did a service to the 2A community.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    Curious - how were you dressed - busness casual, jeans or what???
    For God, Family and Country!

Yea, I'm not in agreement w/that law, like if someone is gonna rob a bank they are gonna think, "I better not b/c its illegal to bring that gun in there, I will try another weapon, how about a fork or a kitchen knife," Sometimes I think our law makers use knee pads to get there job done!

When I lived in Santa Fe, NM I used to OC in my local branch. The armed guard never said a word nor did any of the tellers or anyone else in line but a lot of people did OC then so that might have helped.

Glad it all went well.

Quote Originally Posted by paaiyan View Post
    Well they didn't call the cops, that's a good sign. You conducted your business and didn't present yourself as a threat. Sounds like you did a service to the 2A community.
    And they didn't give you MORE than you asked for...that's good!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I sure hope you didn't start your conversation with the teller by saying, "I'd like to make a withdrawl"!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

As long as your bank envelope didn't blow up with red dye when you walked out your golden!

Worse case scenario you get the complimentary hand bracelets for early withdrawal
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

ArmyCop - I was dressed in my best pair of jeans and a tee shirt. I was on my way home from work. I try to look presentable where ever I go, that is why I didn't want to un-tuck my shirt tail.

Hiram25 - I actually started the transaction by depositing around $600 in checks. I didn't think about the withdrawal business. I did get some cash however.
    Steven
    The "news media" has ceased being the watch dog of the people and has become the apologist for an irresponsible government.

Well done! The more "non-issue" incidents we can give people to help normalize the practice, the better.
    That which does not kill us leaves us broken and bleeding...

Donít mess with the guy who can barely stand up. His remaining options for self-defense don't include your survival.

Convenire Volui Spectatus

Quote Originally Posted by gaowlpoop View Post
    The teller kept stealing glances at my weapon however - I was carrying in a cross draw position on my left side so my weapon was right up front were he could see it.
    Maybe he was just trying to figure out what you were carrying?

I've never unarmed before going in to my CU here in Idaho. They have a copy of my DL linked to my account and greet me by name so if i were ever to lose my mind and be an idiot I think the LEOs would beat me home...that is if I got out of the CU.
    They have never even given my firearm more than a passing glance.

I use to have a CU account down in CA, and they flipped out when I walked in with an empty holster on my belt. You would have thought that the leather holster was going to go on a rampage and take us all down.
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws... serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Cesare Beccaria

My thoughts are that if the bank has a problem with me carrying then aparrently they also have a problem having all my money in their bank. This would have a domino effect when others I know that carry found out. I think that the bank should thank me for being armed in their place, since for the brief few moments I am there it has become that much safer. Now I am not saying I am trying to be a junior Gman, but I refuse to be a victim anywhere, any time.
    When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid.

Seems like every bank in my area is posted even the ones inside grocery stores have their own stupid gunbuster signs. Not that the signs carry any legal weight in Missouri, but it's annoying to not be able to use a pro gun bank.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links