Open Carry in and around Chambersburg, PA today

This is a discussion on Open Carry in and around Chambersburg, PA today within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; As some of you may or may not know, last July 4th I was kicked out of the Lowe's in Chambersburg, PA. Long story short, ...

Thread: Open Carry in and around Chambersburg, PA today

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar

Open Carry in and around Chambersburg, PA today

As some of you may or may not know, last July 4th I was kicked out of the Lowe's in Chambersburg, PA. Long story short, I resolved the issue with corporate and the store manager. I am allowed to carry as long as state law is being followed.

Today I went back, as I have a dozen times since last years incident, without incident. As a matter of fact service seems to be 110% better now. We walked in and a few old ladies browsing the pansies in the garden center game me a few looks.

We had planned to plant some flowers out front and proceeded to grab a few bags of top soil and a couple dozen pans of various garden flowers. Two folks who appeared to be managers or supervisors of some sort gave me a friendly greeting, and I reciprocated. My wife said they only did so after noticing my 1911 on my hip. They must have gotten the memo on corporate policy...

We checked out and no one else neither notice or cared.

Afterwards we headed over to Wal-Mart to their garden center because they have vegetables and Lowe's doesn't. We picked up some tomato and pepper plants to grow out on our back deck. We really don't have a yard living in town, so we have to stick to what will grow in a pot.

Anyways, we browsed around a bit in the garden center then headed in to grab a loaf of bread and milk. I felt a few eyes, but no confrontations of any sort. I've never had a problem in Wal-Mart as of yet (knock on wood). We checked out and left.

Shortly after that I took the family to Rita's Italian ice for a treat. We sat out front and a few state troopers shot by at the intersection, lights blazing. I saw them coming down the street towards my direction and I thought "Oh ". I thought they were looking for me for a brief second... but then they passed. I guess there was an accident on down the road.

We got home and began to plant the flowers. A group of thugs took notice to it and promptly made their way to the other side of the street. Apparently a clean cut man in a polo planting flowers is they type to draw a gun and shoot random people now

Anyway, that was my OC day log.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Pro2A View Post
    A group of thugs took notice to it and promptly made their way to the other side of the street. Apparently a clean cut man in a polo planting flowers is they type to draw a gun and shoot random people now
    Maybe a clean cut man in a polo is the sign to thugs of law enforcement or some type of authority...
    Knowing is half the battle.

Good to hear! I'm glad your contact with their Corporate Management helped so much!
    That which does not kill us leaves us broken and bleeding...

Donít mess with the guy who can barely stand up. His remaining options for self-defense don't include your survival.

Convenire Volui Spectatus

Links