Fayetteville,NC Best Buy:No Weapons - Page 2

Fayetteville,NC Best Buy:No Weapons

This is a discussion on Fayetteville,NC Best Buy:No Weapons within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by OldVet Then again, there's some die-hard rednecks that will never learn. Hey I resemble that statement....LOL...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fayetteville,NC Best Buy:No Weapons

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Then again, there's some die-hard rednecks that will never learn.
    Hey I resemble that statement....LOL

I simply do not shop at places like that. In this economy I hope they can afford it.

Yet another reason i do most of my shopping from home. Not only are the prices on Amazon lower, but you bypass taxes and can usually wrangle free shipping on most items. Granted, i only CC so have never had an issue at any of the local Best Buys, but i can only imagine trying ti OC in the Ann Arbor location.

A couple of years ago there was a thread on Best Buy in SC and the security guard who attempted to disarm and detain a legal CWP individual.

My guess is that while corporate may "go along with state rules", they are very anti and will try to enforce no carry whenever possible.

As an aside the thread did open a lot of eyes on the powers that security guards have and how they vary so much from state to state.

Was trying to find out about OC at best buy found this link but haven't found anything else
    Stores Land in Gun-Control Crossfire | Washington Ceasefire

best buy spokesperson said it was OK in article
    Last edited by bwhunter65; May 5th, 2010 at 08:05 PM. Reason: added to
    Uly
    Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power.

-- Yoshimi Ishikawa, Japanese author, in the LA Times 15 Oct 1992

Well, I went back in today & no one said a word to me.BUT, just so happened that the FPD officer had stepped out for a few minutes.

Now correct me if I'm wrong guys, But I've always thought that the owner/manager of the property was the only one that could enforce a "No Weapons" policy.??

In otherwords, if I was in BEST BUY, and passed a anti-OC LEO but NO ONE had complained about MWAG, then that officer has no grounds to engage me about OC. Right??

Do yourself a favor and don't shop at Best Buy
    Healthy children will not fear life, if their parents have integrity enough not to fear death.
    -TIME DEUM ET OPERARE IUSTITIAM--

Quote Originally Posted by Elitematch View Post
    Well, I went back in today & no one said a word to me.BUT, just so happened that the FPD officer had stepped out for a few minutes.

Now correct me if I'm wrong guys, But I've always thought that the owner/manager of the property was the only one that could enforce a "No Weapons" policy.??

In otherwords, if I was in BEST BUY, and passed a anti-OC LEO but NO ONE had complained about MWAG, then that officer has no grounds to engage me about OC. Right??
    I would suspect that he could "advise" after "consensual contact"; but if the "representative" of the owner had an issue with it then he'd have grounds to relay that message, hence how mall ninjas can ask you to leave, and you need not go to the mall owner to get the boot.

Quote Originally Posted by Elitematch View Post

This only works if there is a corporate no weapons policy. If you complain to corporate, and there is no policy, someone will be getting jerked back into line with what the policy is. I went through this at Walmart. I have since OC'd right past the Asst Mgr that told me he would not allow me in the store if he had seen my firearm. He will not even speak or acknowledge me, which tells me he was likely put in his place on corporate policy that he was dead wrong about when he confronted me.

And if the LEO is anti OC, he may very well kick you out under color of law. Basically, intervening in a situation where there was no complaint because he feels like he can. BTW, if OC is legal and there is no store policy against it, then the MWAG call should be a non issue. We know that is not always the case, but it should be. And he can engage you for any reason really. If you feel it's inappropriate you can ask if you are being detained for anything. If he says no then ask if you are free to go. If you are free to go you can just walk away. LEO's can speak to you for any reason they wish, but you do not always have to participate in the conversation. Don't be a jerk about it, but understand that if you are not being detained then the interaction is purely informal and can be ended at any point by you walking away.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Distinguished Member Array pinklady's Avatar
    IMO any place that don't want you to be able to protect yourself and your family doesn't need any of my business or anyone else who carries, and they need to know why they are losing business.

In most states the businesses have to be posted like it is here in Nebraska.Or if they dont,they have to haveit in black and white to show you. If they do not,stop goingthere and or,file a lawsuit to prove the no gun policy. richgp100z

went to the BB in Hickory, NC today. No sign posted. I was CC'ing, so no one knew. I can only imagine if I'm OC, as I'm 25 and look younger--but the bright side of that, I probably would have been helped quicker (took em 15 minutes to realize I was wanting some advice!)
    BLONDIE: You may run the risks, my friend, but I do the cutting. If we cut down my percentage... cigar? Liable to interfere with my aim.

Quote Originally Posted by Glock23MI View Post
    Yet another reason i do most of my shopping from home. Not only are the prices on Amazon lower, but you bypass taxes and can usually wrangle free shipping on most items. Granted, i only CC so have never had an issue at any of the local Best Buys, but i can only imagine trying ti OC in the Ann Arbor location.
    Don't come to NC then; our current "tax everyone and everything" government is trying to get Amazon to turn over who in NC has used their site so they may collect taxes from it.
    BLONDIE: You may run the risks, my friend, but I do the cutting. If we cut down my percentage... cigar? Liable to interfere with my aim.

Quote Originally Posted by uncballzer View Post
    went to the BB in Hickory, NC today. No sign posted. I was CC'ing, so no one knew. I can only imagine if I'm OC, as I'm 25 and look younger--but the bright side of that, I probably would have been helped quicker (took em 15 minutes to realize I was wanting some advice!)
    BB sucks. If they make you wait, just find a manager or asst. manager and tell them you can buy that product at many other stores, but like BB's extended warranty.

They love to upsell those warranties.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Quote Originally Posted by uncballzer View Post
    I've never had an issue when I have OC'd at that store. Or HH Gregg across the street. Actually talked guns with an associate at HH Gregg while OC'ing. It's been a non issue around here, been OC'ing when possible for a little over a year.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links