I cannot believe I said this

This is a discussion on I cannot believe I said this within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; [QUOTE=jackson85746;1611868] Originally Posted by Avenger "Well" I said, "I guess I will try OC for a while." (Until Rocky can send me another loop.) So ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I cannot believe I said this

[QUOTE=jackson85746;1611868]
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    "Well" I said, "I guess I will try OC for a while." (Until Rocky can send me another loop.) So I mostly sucked up the heat and wore a light jacket or long shirt in 70 degree heat. Sweating, alot.

At 70 degrees we are still wearing long johns and Carhart parkas.
    70 degrees is still too cold. I like a comfy 85
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    Nice comeback. I guess the lady never heard of homeless people, crack heads, and teenagers using empty homes to hang out in? (Assuming the house she was showing was empty.)

VIP Member
    WOW! A beautiful day in W. Wa? I didnt know you all over there had those! J/k.

Nope, I am more Eastern
    Better brace for the 90-100 degree summers!
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Hardly original, but the quote served you well.

Been around as punch-line in a joke for years.

That said, I used it a few time, myself. FWIIW I usually say, "... if was I expecting trouble, I would have brought a shotgun and some backup."

Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Snappy comeback. I got a good chuckle out of it. I wish I could have seen the woman's face when you said it.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

"Nope....no trouble mam, but a cop won't fit in my holster"
    "Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom" Gen. George Patton

"If I was expecting trouble, I wouldn't have come in here."
    ‎An enemy of liberty is no friend of mine. I do not owe respect to anyone who would enslave me by government force, nor is it wise for such a person to expect it. -- Isaiah Amberay

"No ma'am, if was I expecting trouble, I would have brought my shotgun."
    awesome

"No ma'am, if was I expecting trouble, I would have brought my shotgun." I felt like an idiot.
    Don't be hard on yourself. You did good.

Been there, done that; and, as much as I try not to respond to any inquiry about my carrying, sometimes I can't help myself. And, most of the times I feel like an idiot too, because there is no way of knowing how my 'witty' remark will be taken.

I try very hard to be on my best behavior while carrying. This is true especially with the anti-Constitution people. I'm a one-man show (two wo/man actually, since my wife also carries and we spend a lot of time together) and every encounter is a potential teaching moment.

I attempt to avoid any sarcasm. Carrying a firearm is serious business.

I do like the comeback, though.

Stay safe.

Nice comeback. I've heard similar lines before, but your's sounds like it fit the situation perfectly.

Just thought I would share that little experience with you all. It was the first time in about a month that someone has noticed or said something about my firearm on my hip OCing.
    I must admit, I'm impressed. The last person who asked about my open carried handgun was my dad's attorney. It was June 2, 2007 at my dad's birthday party. Dad "choked" at that party under some questionable circumstances, yet we'll never be able to prove what we suspect. Dad passed a few days later as a result.

Anyway, Ruben asked, "What's the gun for? Scared of something?"

I simply replied, "Nope; not a thing."

It's interesting to me that he tried to have me arrested for carrying a few hours later at the hospital while my dad lay dying in the ER. Fortunately for me, I'm a law abiding citizen and had left my handgun locked in my vehicle. He's a sorry piece of trash, no doubt.

Daryl

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    "No ma'am, if was I expecting trouble, I would have brought my shotgun."

I dunno...I thought that was a fantastic "off the cuff" comeback.
    yup, or you coulda really shocked her and said assault weapon (just kidding)
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    [QUOTE=zacii;1612596]
    Quote Originally Posted by jackson85746 View Post

70 degrees is still too cold. I like a comfy 85
    70 degrees we're just putting the winter jackets away and breaking out the sweatshirts...i almost forgat what northern weather was like...

good comeback...we've all heard it before but you know it was her firt time...good laugh...

Avenger, don't feel to bad. A few months back I was getting sandwiches at a subway in WW with my kids and OCing at the time. The kid behind the counter asked me the usual with a bit of an attitude..."Are you a Cop? Why do you need to carry a gun?"
    Now I love zombie movies, and I have just had a zombie movie marathon the night before...so in my head I'm thinking "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun." And out of my mouth comes "I carry cause you never know when the zombies will show up" I felt like a total idiot!

Luckily, the kid didn't seem to even hear me, but I felt like beating my head against the wall. It must have been the stupidest answer I have ever given and I have learned my lesson...keep it simple and don't even try for a witty remark as I will most likely end up with my foot in my mouth.
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws... serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Cesare Beccaria

Quote Originally Posted by mamakennedy View Post
    And out of my mouth comes "I carry cause you never know when the zombies will show up" I felt like a total idiot!
    HAHAHA!! Oh thats good! I actually wish I said something like that and maybe received a laugh.

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    I know it is not original but that is exactly what i say when someone asks me that! "are you expecting trouble?"

When they ask:"why are you carrying a gun?" me: "because a cop is to heavy"

When they ask: "are you a cop?" me: "no, are you?"
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links