I cannot believe I said this - Page 3

I cannot believe I said this

This is a discussion on I cannot believe I said this within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Nice quick comeback......I like it...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Nice quick comeback......I like it

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mamakennedy View Post
    Avenger, don't feel to bad. A few months back I was getting sandwiches at a subway in WW with my kids and OCing at the time. The kid behind the counter asked me the usual with a bit of an attitude..."Are you a Cop? Why do you need to carry a gun?"
    Now I love zombie movies, and I have just had a zombie movie marathon the night before...so in my head I'm thinking "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun." And out of my mouth comes "I carry cause you never know when the zombies will show up" I felt like a total idiot!

Luckily, the kid didn't seem to even hear me, but I felt like beating my head against the wall. It must have been the stupidest answer I have ever given and I have learned my lesson...keep it simple and don't even try for a witty remark as I will most likely end up with my foot in my mouth.
    Actually, if I heard that, I'd laugh. Then again, I know it's a joke and the real reason you carry is in bold.

The appropriate response to the question "are you expecting trouble?" would be:

'I wasn't, but should I be? Do you know something I should be aware of?'

While saying this, your eyes should have opened wide, and you should start looking around nervously.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links