I cannot believe I said this

This is a discussion on I cannot believe I said this within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; For starters, I never OC. I carry a XDm40 in a PK Black Ops Pro ALWAYS CONCEALED . However, I live in an OC state ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I cannot believe I said this

I cannot believe I said this

For starters, I never OC. I carry a XDm40 in a PK Black Ops Pro ALWAYS CONCEALED. However, I live in an OC state so OC is not a problem legally.

A while back when the weather was bouncing from freezing in the AM and hotter than Hades in the PM, I took advantage of the conversion aspect of my holster. Wearing it OWB with a jacket and the loops for IWB in my jacket pocket. Then as it warms up and I need to loose the jacket, I put the loops on and wear my holster IWB keeping it totally concealed. Until one day, I cannot believe I lost one of the loops.

"Well" I said, "I guess I will try OC for a while." (Until Rocky can send me another loop.) So I mostly sucked up the heat and wore a light jacket or long shirt in 70 degree heat. Sweating, alot.

Now, its so nice, wearing a jacket or a long shirt just looks silly. So OC time. I walked into a meeting with our new landlords the other day, to view the house, and the lady asked me if I was expecting trouble looking at my pistol. She caught me off guard with this question and I said the first thing that popped into my head:

"No ma'am, if was I expecting trouble, I would have brought my shotgun." I felt like an idiot. I must have turned 5 shades of red. Later, my wife said I didnt and she thought that was totally original and praised me for coming up with something like that so quickly.

The woman just looked at me dumbfounded and said, "Oh, okay then. Over here is the Kitchen...."

Just thought I would share that little experience with you all. It was the first time in about a month that someone has noticed or said something about my firearm on my hip OCing.

I dont like OCing, I prefer concealed and as soon as Rocky gets me the missing loop, IWB it goes. Advice for those who want to try and do what I did with the loops in varying weather: Hook the loops together and put nothing else in that pocket.

2. Remove Ads

You just spoke the truth..LOL
    People amaze me... who expects trouble,it has a way of finding people
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I like it. I found it rather funny.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

VIP Member
    You must be in W. WA as you describe our weather to a tee! God it's beautiful right now.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Administrator
    "No ma'am, if was I expecting trouble, I would have brought my shotgun."

I dunno...I thought that was a fantastic "off the cuff" comeback.

"No ma'am, if was I expecting trouble, I would have brought my shotgun." hahaha......ain't that the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    You must be in W. WA as you describe our weather to a tee! God it's beautiful right now.
    WOW! A beautiful day in W. Wa? I didnt know you all over there had those! J/k.

Nope, I am more Eastern

Administrator
    Hardly original, but the quote served you well.
    "Just blame Sixto"

What they said. Well done!

That which does not kill us leaves us broken and bleeding...

Donít mess with the guy who can barely stand up. His remaining options for self-defense don't include your survival.

Convenire Volui Spectatus

You're pretty good at telling stories you know that? That seriously had me laughing. You probably scared the heck our of that lady. She went home to her family, "hunny, you won't believe what this gun-toting dude said to me today!" Hahahaha
    Last edited by bsrman36; May 9th, 2010 at 10:03 PM. Reason: edit

[QUOTE=Avenger;1611650]
    "Well" I said, "I guess I will try OC for a while." (Until Rocky can send me another loop.) So I mostly sucked up the heat and wore a light jacket or long shirt in 70 degree heat. Sweating, alot.

At 70 degrees we are still wearing long johns and Carhart parkas.
    Don't tread on me or mine.
    I am comfortable laying on a rock in the sun; bothering no one. If you choose to ignore the above statement, you will wish all you had to do, is deal with a snake.

[QUOTE=jackson85746;1611868]
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post

Ha! At 70 degree's we're in shorts and T-shirts.

BTW... good job Avenger, considering the circumstances. I don't OC either.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by jackson85746 View Post

70 degrees is 10 degrees past shorts weather here in E. WA.
    Pro Deo, Pro Familia, Pro Patria

Ruger SR9 - Crossbreed STD
    Savage 10FP

I thought it was hilarious. It is made all the funnier because you were so embarrassed right after...

I like it. IF I get the chance I will try to use it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links