Another confrontation in Wally World

This is a discussion on Another confrontation in Wally World within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Went carrying in Walmart again. I had to pick up some more Hoppes. While in sporting goods, a co-manager walked up to me and stated ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another confrontation in Wally World

Went carrying in Walmart again. I had to pick up some more Hoppes. While in sporting goods, a co-manager walked up to me and stated that guns weren't allowed in the store. Behind her 'hiding' behind an aisle was a human resources lady who likes causing problems. It was my guess that she told the co-manager about me.
    Anyway, I asked her if Walmart's corporate policy forbid me to carry in the store and she stated it did. I told her that to the best of my knowledge, Walmart policy is to follow the same law as the state it is in. OC is legal in MO, so it's legal in this Walmart. She also said there were 'No Gun' signs on the front of the store and I told her that there were none. I also told her that I had spoken with the General Manager of this particular Walmart before about me carrying in there.
    Suffice it to say, she left to go check on what I had said and I continued my shopping. Not more than 10 minutes later she approached me again, apologized, said I was correct about the signs and the Walmart policy, and told me to have a good day. I shook her hand and thanked her and went about my business. Hopefully that is another person who has been anti-sheeped. :D

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingkoopa View Post
    Went carrying in Walmart again. I had to pick up some more Hoppes. While in sporting goods, a co-manager walked up to me and stated that guns weren't allowed in the store. Behind her 'hiding' behind an aisle was a human resources lady who likes causing problems. It was my guess that she told the co-manager about me.
    Anyway, I asked her if Walmart's corporate policy forbid me to carry in the store and she stated it did. I told her that to the best of my knowledge, Walmart policy is to follow the same law as the state it is in. OC is legal in MO, so it's legal in this Walmart. She also said there were 'No Gun' signs on the front of the store and I told her that there were none. I also told her that I had spoken with the General Manager of this particular Walmart before about me carrying in there.
    Suffice it to say, she left to go check on what I had said and I continued my shopping. Not more than 10 minutes later she approached me again, apologized, said I was correct about the signs and the Walmart policy, and told me to have a good day. I shook her hand and thanked her and went about my business. Hopefully that is another person who has been anti-sheeped. :D
    probably not sheeped as much as ignorant. Making assumptions is a dangerous business. This assistant manager is most likely going to loose her job one day if she doesn't read up on store policy soon

glad it turned out ok for ya
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Thanks. Before I started carrying, I looked up nearly every law I could on the subject to make sure I wasn't breaking any. Every store I go into I scan for a sign. I've seen a few, but the only legal ones (by MO standards) I've seen are on gov. buildings and college campuses. One funny sign I saw was on a Pizza Inn(Cici's Pizza lookalike). It is very small and says No Concealed Weapons allowed. It makes me laugh a bit inside because 1, I OC, so it technically doesn't apply to me, and 2, if someone is CC'n, you won't be able to tell.

VIP Member
    Glad she was willing to do her homework and not just stand her ground. Good job being patient with her too.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Glad you stood your ground, and glad she went and did her homework, as she should. Maybe next time you will not have any problems in that store. If you do, if may be with another employee who doesn't know the policies.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

I sounds like the WM asnt. manager was given bad info from the HR employee.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Kingkoopa - Good for you utilizing the teaching moment.

What I'm afraid of is the fact that you're told guns are not allowed at the store and you still continued shopping. She could have gone to call the 911 being the B you know and given you hard time. (Tin foil MN2Go)

Again, thank you for taking the stand for all of us.

I salute you.

Good job,

I don't think she's ignorant....I think she's a liar!...why? Because she told you guns were not allowed. It was only because you were armed with the truth that she backed down. I wonder what other policies she's ignorant of. I would still send a note to the GM or Regional Manager for her harassment.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Under MN law, it wouldn't matter if she was right or not; if she told you to leave, you must leave or you can be ticketed for trespassing. I would have left and then called the manager or district manager and filed a formal complaint.
    ‎An enemy of liberty is no friend of mine. I do not owe respect to anyone who would enslave me by government force, nor is it wise for such a person to expect it. -- Isaiah Amberay

Excellent job maintaining your "professionalism" in the face or ignorance.

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MN2Go View Post
    What I'm afraid of is the fact that you're told guns are not allowed at the store and you still continued shopping.
    This. I would have asked her, "May I continue shopping while you talk to your boss, or would you like me to leave while you ask?"

That way, she makes it clear if you can stay, or if she wants you to leave. That way if she does call 911 for trespassing, you (hopefully) have a witness or two that can say you clearly asked if you could stay, and she said yes.

You did Excellent, thanks!
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNinjaGo View Post
    This. I would have asked her, "May I continue shopping while you talk to your boss, or would you like me to leave while you ask?"

That way, she makes it clear if you can stay, or if she wants you to leave. That way if she does call 911 for trespassing, you (hopefully) have a witness or two that can say you clearly asked if you could stay, and she said yes.
    Here's the thing...the OP was armed (pardon the pun) with the correct information...and had spoken with HER BOSS about it...so, does he (the OP) go with THE BOSS and W-M Corporate says, or the ninny who doesn't know her company's policy?

Lesson learned: Know what the corporate policy is...use that to combat the ignorant or deceiving...
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Sounds like you did very well!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links