Ban on 'open carry' of guns progresses - Page 2

Ban on 'open carry' of guns progresses

This is a discussion on Ban on 'open carry' of guns progresses within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Pure Kustom Just wait till they start there full political assault on Sporks. Now that's funny right there, I don't care who ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Ban on 'open carry' of guns progresses

Quote Originally Posted by Pure Kustom View Post
    Just wait till they start there full political assault on Sporks.

Now that's funny right there, I don't care who you are.

I'm betting the criminals are the ones with their loaded handguns illegally tucked in their baggy breaches. They won't see it until it's shoved in their face in the commencement of a crime. Perhaps Commifornia should start issuing "Good Guy" and "Bad Guy" badges so everyone can tell the difference.

I'm glad I live in the mountains of Virginia. We may not be sophisticated west coast types, but at least us hillbillies have common sense.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Come on know, everyone knows they are only after the evil sporks!

I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Do you have a permit to carry that spork concealed? This is a spork-free zone. In Commifornia, you could openly carry that spork as long as you don't have any cole slaw in your possession...then it would be considered loaded.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    I got a good friend that just moved from the great state of Alaska to California. He doesn't get why I refuse to ever move there. I won't move to a state that denies the right to defend myself. No amount of money can make me say otherwise.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

For a short period of time I used to transport 'valuables' (diamonds and stuff) in Los Angeles. There is/was an obscure CA code that allowed to carry a firearm without any permit while transporting "valuables."

Go figure.

On the other hand, you're allowed to defend yourself in CA. There was a notorious case where a guy went to pick a fight with some gang bangers doing graffiti, and the second one pointed a screwdriver at him, he shot the guys and as far as memory serves, was not indicted.

Law-abiding people who carry "illegally" and have to resort to defending themselves were not generally prosecuted. Things may have changed.

I was so happy to cross the border to Nevada and leave that God-forsaken state behind.

California makes no sense. You get what you vote for.

Sometimes you get what other people voted for.......
    Last edited by Rotorblade; May 13th, 2010 at 08:04 AM. Reason: inset quote

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    Kalifornians must like the situation in their state because they keep reelecting the same losers. Where else outside the former soviet bloc could a fool like Tom Hayden be elected to public office. Kalifornia is the perfect example of the inmates running the asylum.
    Heil Schwarzenegger!
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

The open carry folk who thought they were getting over on people by doing the "Open Carry Coffee Outings" and so forth.

Guess what?

That kind of thing works great in New Mexico or Arizona...Not in California.

Like it or not, they shot themselves in the foot. They scared people. They knew that. They did it anyway.

They did it under the guise of "a right not exercised is a right lost..." but the way the did it was absolutely, unquestionably ignorant.

Like it or not, guns make people nervous.

You can blather on about sheeple all you'd like. You can hold them in contempt, and say how stupid they are...but they vote. They call the people they sent to the capitol, and they demand action.

What kind of action? Check the news.

They could have done this much smarter, but they acted like 16 year old's given their first sports car.

In my opinion, they deserve to loose the unloaded open carry because they managed it so poorly.

Politics is a big boy game.
    Big boy rules apply.
    Play to win, or don't play at all.

And most important...if you play stupid, expect to loose big.

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MN2Go View Post
    There is/was an obscure CA code that allowed to carry a firearm without any permit while transporting "valuables."
    Oh really? Because I consider my life valuable. Even if it's not (in the eyes of the state), then my body has to be. I'm sure I could get big money for my kidney or something.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MitchellCT View Post
    The open carry folk who thought they were getting over on people by doing the "Open Carry Coffee Outings" and so forth.

Guess what?

That kind of thing works great in New Mexico or Arizona...Not in California.

Like it or not, they shot themselves in the foot. They scared people. They knew that. They did it anyway.

They did it under the guise of "a right not exercised is a right lost..." but the way the did it was absolutely, unquestionably ignorant.

Like it or not, guns make people nervous.

You can blather on about sheeple all you'd like. You can hold them in contempt, and say how stupid they are...but they vote. They call the people they sent to the capitol, and they demand action.

What kind of action? Check the news.

They could have done this much smarter, but they acted like 16 year old's given their first sports car.

In my opinion, they deserve to loose the unloaded open carry because they managed it so poorly.

Politics is a big boy game.
    Big boy rules apply.
    Play to win, or don't play at all.

And most important...if you play stupid, expect to loose big.
    I disagree strongly with this statement. In your opinion, what would have been a wise management of the ULOC? Not doing it at all?

That statement is as anti as anything I ever heard from the Brady's.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Pro gun legislators (if you can find them) should attach a Shall Issue or No-permit-required rider to the bill.

The antis will have to choose between not getting what they want or getting what they want +. Any bets on how that would turn out?
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Quote Originally Posted by sigmanluke View Post
    I disagree strongly with this statement. In your opinion, what would have been a wise management of the ULOC? Not doing it at all?

That statement is as anti as anything I ever heard from the Brady's.
    How about not flocking to starbucks for open carry coffee sessions in full view of everyone so they can flaunt "LOOK WE GOT GUNS!!!" in front of the Latte crowd?

Maybe they could have gone about their lives with the ULOC and not tried to be so flagrant about it?

As to being anti gun? I guess if I'm not a kool-aid drinkier I must be anti. Got it. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNinjaGo View Post
    Oh really? Because I consider my life valuable. Even if it's not (in the eyes of the state), then my body has to be. I'm sure I could get big money for my kidney or something.
    I missed your point totally. Are you angry at me for providing info about such an absurd CA law that considers diamonds and gold more valuable than human life, or what ... Please elaborate, I don't get you being upset over what ....?

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    Now that's funny right there, I don't care who you are.

I'm betting the criminals are the ones with their loaded handguns illegally tucked in their baggy breaches. They won't see it until it's shoved in their face in the commencement of a crime. Perhaps Commifornia should start issuing "Good Guy" and "Bad Guy" badges so everyone can tell the difference.

I'm glad I live in the mountains of Virginia. We may not be sophisticated west coast types, but at least us hillbillies have common sense.
    +1...although don't try getting a metal spork through the airport under the argument that it's "just a spork officer"...
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Quote Originally Posted by MitchellCT View Post
    How about not flocking to starbucks for open carry coffee sessions in full view of everyone so they can flaunt "LOOK WE GOT GUNS!!!" in front of the Latte crowd?

Maybe they could have gone about their lives with the ULOC and not tried to be so flagrant about it?

As to being anti gun? I guess if I'm not a kool-aid drinkier I must be anti. Got it. Thanks.
    I agree, strategically fighting this by emails and letters and petitions to lawmakers instead of making it a HEY LOOK AT ME!! situation would have gone a lot farther. Instead it caused the anti's and on the fence people to do just that (write letters and emails and call their reps) and now there is legislation proposed to ban it. Quiet, strategic, calculated activists sometimes get more done than the brazen in your face ones.

That being said I am so glad I live in AZ where our elected officials protect and expand our rights not take them away.

I encourage all Californians who still want to be free to realize your state is LOST and look for jobs in other states and take your tax revenue with you, but be sure to write your reps and tell them why you are leaving. let the state fall apart and rot.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links