Ban on 'open carry' of guns progresses

This is a discussion on Ban on 'open carry' of guns progresses within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Yet another reason I could never live in Kalifornia. No respect for the bill or rights....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Ban on 'open carry' of guns progresses

Yet another reason I could never live in Kalifornia. No respect for the bill or rights.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

2. Remove Ads

I think CA needs some amendments to their state constitution...

Quote Originally Posted by Pure Kustom View Post
    Just wait till they start there full political assault on Sporks.

I just ordered a "Spork Ops Pro". I'll give you all a review once I've had the chance to wear it for a few days.

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar
    Oh you had to go there!!!

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    California makes no sense. You get what you vote for.
    Unfortunately you are right. Let see if next time they do something about it.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

JD
    Administrator
    10 posts removed...

Stop the urination contests over boycots all ready.

Quote Originally Posted by MitchellCT View Post
    Like it or not, they shot themselves in the foot. They scared people. They knew that. They did it anyway.

They did it under the guise of "a right not exercised is a right lost..." but the way the did it was absolutely, unquestionably ignorant.

Like it or not, guns make people nervous
    That is a most excellent argument. Just as

Ezell A. Blair Jr., David Leinhail Richmond, Joseph Alfred McNeil, and Franklin Eugene McCain should not have sat down at the white counter because it would scared people. Knowing that militant people of color make people nervous.

Rosa Parks should not have sat in the front of the bus because it upset people

Fourteen-year-old Emmett Till deserved to be kidnapped, brutally beaten, shot, and dumped in the Tallahatchie River for whistling at a white woman. Knowing it would scared her.

James E. Chaney, Andrew Goodman, and Michael Schwerner, asked to be killed for registering black voters in Mississippi. They knew it would scare people. They knew the idea of people of color voting horrified and enraged people.

Wrong, answer. Change is never effected by bowing down to the status quo. Evil is not defeated by ignoring it. The very reason Californians find themselves in this boat is that they have been far to complacent for far far to long. They have grown accustomed to bending over and spreading them for the anti self defense fanatics. Making deals and compromising with traitors to the Constitution. Maybe this will wake them up. This can become the rallying point for those that respect our Constitution and believe our God given rights are worth standing up for. Now is not the time to spread diversion. Now is time to stand with those who have made the effort to stand up. Support them. Time to stand up with a unified voice and say enough is enough. This is the last and final straw

To argue that all Californians deserve to lose the right to open carry because some actually did open carry in public is absurd. How you can anyone even post that with a straight face? Maybe next if anyone prays in public everyone should lose the right to pray. I am positive some liberal twit will be offended that as well.

The reason we are losing our rights and liberty is so many, advocate submission and complacency for fear of rocking the boat
    Benthic likes this.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Well said, sir!

Brian

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lori Saldana
    What I'm concerned about is people who have no training can carry a gun for no other purpose than to make a public statement

Quote Originally Posted by Emeryville Police Chief Ken James
    Officers are taught from day one in the academy that guns are a threat... This open carry places officers in a position between a rock and a hard spot

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Ammiano
    Whether a gun is loaded or not, it's still an act of intimidation and bullying
    Oh brother....

Opposing Views: California: Open Carry Ban on the Horizon?

The fact of the matter is that the gatherings may have given the anti gun loony tunes the support they needed to initiate the process of creating a bill to ban another right of the people.

The 3 quotes above where taken from the article in the link. This my friends is how the anti self defense advocates are wording nonsense and using statements to gain support... and scary.... it seems to be working.
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

California has concealed carry, but in most places you have to be rich, famous and/or politically connected to get one. UOC is the ONLY means you have to carry legally. If nothing else, they have pushed this issue to the forefront and the voters will see where their representatives stand.

Almost 20 years ago, after spending 3 years in CA in the Navy, I told the people who were helping me find a job that I didn't want to even interview if the job was in California or between D.C. and Boston. Not a bad restriction, given what has happened since then.
    ‎An enemy of liberty is no friend of mine. I do not owe respect to anyone who would enslave me by government force, nor is it wise for such a person to expect it. -- Isaiah Amberay

hmmmmmmm Calif and Ma legislators have the same type of mentality.
    You'll probably never see a Open Carry meeting in Mass, as it would be the quickest way to get your LTC (license to carry) pulled by either the State Police or your Chief.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

JD
    Administrator

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links