partial oc?

This is a discussion on partial oc? within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I usually cc, but sometimes its more convenient/comfortable to carry oc. lately as the weather is getting nice I tend to wear more tucked in ...

Thread: partial oc?

partial oc?

I usually cc, but sometimes its more convenient/comfortable to carry oc. lately as the weather is getting nice I tend to wear more tucked in polo shirts. I do not yet have a tuckable holster, so I carried iwb but with shirt tucked in, the grip and rear of the slide show obviously.
    I accually feel more comfortable carrying this way than fully oc. Because I have quick access to it, but yet its still not very noticable and its right up against my body this way.
    Anyone else carry this way?

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I OC with an IWCB holster probably 95% of the time, much quicker and less hastle than a belt holster.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

IWCB?

Thats pretty much my carry as well...IWB may or may not be covered...

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    there is no such thing as partial OC, it is either open or concealed, what you are doing is the VA tuck, which is so called because in Virginia it is illegial to CC in a resturant that sells alchohol, so people tuck their shirts behind their grips to open carry. It is still mostly covered, but it is considered open carry
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

I've not yet had the money to get a nice leather IWB holster. So I use the Blackhawk IWB #7 (it gets the job done at least). I tuck in my shirt with the holster placed IWB (or I just tuck the holster outside but inside my belt). I actually really like "open carrying IWB" now, and I've never liked the idea of having to lift my shirt in a stressful situation.

Even so, it's still a pain sometimes. I'm looking forward to my CFP to finish processing so I can fully CC.
    XD-40sc w/Fed HST My father taught me to always use the right tool for the job.
    ---
    A Vespa motor scooter is a motor vehicle, but it's a poor excuse for a family car.
    A .22 or a .25 is a firearm, but it's a poor excuse for defense. -- Massad Ayoob

Quote Originally Posted by nbock951 View Post
    I usually cc, but sometimes its more convenient/comfortable to carry oc. lately as the weather is getting nice I tend to wear more tucked in polo shirts. I do not yet have a tuckable holster, so I carried iwb but with shirt tucked in, the grip and rear of the slide show obviously.
    I actually feel more comfortable carrying this way than full OC. Because I have quick access to it, but yet its still not very noticeable and its right up against my body this way.
    Anyone else carry this way?
    I've carried this way before. I like it actually. My DeSantis Scorpion IWB with G19 and tucked in shirt behind it all. I carry this way in winter as well under a jacket here in the concealed only state. That way when I need to take my jacket off somewhere, just un-tuck my shirt to go over it.

Generally, I'm an all or nothing type in this area. If I am OC'ing it's with an OWB, Serpa or beltslide. If I CC it's with a beltslide or IWB. That's just me. I either cover it or completely expose the weapon.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Links