I OC'ed a tad yesterday.

This is a discussion on I OC'ed a tad yesterday. within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was heading north towards Canada and since I had on my Crossbreed IWB holster I like to keep my shirt un-tucked on the strong ...

Thread: I OC'ed a tad yesterday.

Thumbs up I OC'ed a tad yesterday.

I was heading north towards Canada and since I had on my Crossbreed IWB holster I like to keep my shirt un-tucked on the strong side so the top of the holster and gun is exposed. I tuck the shirt in-between my body and the holster. This way I have easy access to my Glock 27 while driving with my seatbelt on.

Well before I headed out I stopped and filled up the tank. I didn't feel like untucking and covering so I said self. We are just going to leave it exposed as it is not against the law even with my CFP. So I filled up the tank and went inside to empty the bladder for the long trip. I paid at the pump so I was set. When I walked in only the female clerk noticed I was carrying. She said nothing and on my way out the male clerk who had not seen I was carrying until then said in a very friendly voice. Have a great day and I said the same. The older man walking in the door didn't notice my firearm, the lady sitting in her car right in front of me didn't notice it either.

The other two stops I made where both at the same highway rest stop. I wanted to stretch the legs on the way up and empty the bladder on the way back. I had some strange looks from an older couple from Nova Scotia but a middle aged woman from Massachusetts just smiled and said hello. I don't know if anyone else noticed as there was a lot of out of state plates present but nobody seemed to mine.

I'm going to continue to OC this way when I'm driving and making short stops on long trips. It's a pain to get things un-tucked and tucked back in where I like it each time and this is thanks to you folks on this forum. As I told you folks once before my NRA instructor was very against open carry and I let that scare me but you folks have allowed me to work past that and I'm glad I did.

So to all of you:

2. Remove Ads

good to hear you had an uneventful drive
    Uly
    Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power.

-- Yoshimi Ishikawa, Japanese author, in the LA Times 15 Oct 1992

And it begins....
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Just goes to show how most people are oblivious to what is going on around them. I hear about people that are terrified they are printing when they CC. I say that the majority of the people out are never gonna know.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

-Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Wilber View Post
    Just goes to show how most people are oblivious to what is going on around them. I hear about people that are terrified they are printing when they CC. I say that the majority of the people out are never gonna know.
    Walked my dog down the the park this morning, kind of chilly out so I wore my running suit top over a t-shirt with my IWB sandwiched between the two layers. Wasn't until I was on my way home that I looked back and to my right and could very distinctly make out the shape of my 1911. Of eight people playing tennis and six swimming and in the immediate viewing area not one made me. Can't wait for my MTAC to get here next week so I can get the gun up closer to me. People are oblivious these days, between the handsfree bluetooth people who give you funny looks when you answer their questions to the coffee deprived average joe, very few actually have noticed me.

I'm not going to lie. Before I started carrying, I was pretty much one of the sheep. Even after my military training. I was always just lost in my own thoughts about what I was going to do that day. I run my own small business and am always tweaking/adding/reworking things in my mind that I want to do.

Carrying changes that. All of a sudden you take more notice of your surroundings.

I bet most people don't see what's going on around them by default. Doubly so because of all the "food additives" (read: chemical drugs) that the food industry is sticking in our food to make as fat, sick, and lethargic and it's no wonder that everyone is living in constant brain fog.

Heck, I bet the criminals are almost always more aware of what's going on around then than most good, law-abiding folk.

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    I was in Vermont coming back from Maine when I stopped at a rest stop somehwere. I noticed the abundance of New York and Canadian licence plates. When I was walking back to my car after the restroom... you could almost hear a pin drop as I felt all the eyes on me.

As I was getting back in the car, a van load of Canadians pulled up next to me and got out... the lady was visably shaken at the fact that I had a gun. I smiled nodded and said "Hello" as I got into the car. You'd have thought I was spitting fire and speaking in a deep latin voice the way she reacted.

Links