Single guys, question about the approach to women

This is a discussion on Single guys, question about the approach to women within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Keep it hidden, keep your lips sealed about it...go slow. There are a million fish in the sea, right? Practice 'catch and release' until you ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Single guys, question about the approach to women

Keep it hidden, keep your lips sealed about it...go slow.

There are a million fish in the sea, right? Practice 'catch and release' until you find a rich, over-sexed, 'Annie Oakley' with a huge gun collection...be sure to get a picture of the 'collection'.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

2. Remove Ads

My Wife out shot me over 30 some years ago I need reading glasses she needs glasses to watch TV But still a good shot! PS Good Luck on the Dating Game.
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Practice 'catch and release' until you find a rich, over-sexed, 'Annie Oakley' with a huge gun collection...be sure to get a picture of the 'collection'.
    The gunner's equivalent of a nymphomaniac who owns a liquor store?
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

There are a million fish in the sea, right? Practice 'catch and release' until you find a rich, over-sexed, 'Annie Oakley' with a huge gun collection...be sure to get a picture of the 'collection'.
    That made me truly laugh out loud.

I have to agree with the others about being confident. I know a lot of women who enjoy a man that is very confident. If you desire to OC and approach you are going to find out very quickly if it is a turn off and I doubt you are looking for a woman that is turned off by a firearm.

Just remember to be yourself. Act the same way if the gun wasn't on your hip and if you are successful at breaking the ice don't let the gun dictate the conversation. You are trying to gain information, not carry on about the obvious. BTW, the best pick up line in the world is "hello" all the othes are worthless.

Distinguished Member
    OMG, "catch and release". That's hilarious, thanks.

Well, I must have gotten really lucky ! ! I found the pinklady before either one of us knew the other liked . As for , I'm not saying.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

I know what you're thinking: "Did he fire six shots or only five?" "Is that a Smith & Wesson 686+ 7 shot or 627 8 shot?" "Does he have a concealed Sig P226 SCT and two spare mags?" You've got to ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?

What repsutt99 said........ ROFLMAO !
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Does the chick described above also owns a golf course, liquor store, and an antique car collection?
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

At my age, not being able to " catch " a lady, HURTS !!!!!! There is only just so much time left !

I won't carry while meeting new people.

Network, network, network

Join a gun club and take shooting classes. You'll meet ladies there; many will be married, but many of those will have unmarried sisters and friends; higher percentage of meeting gun-friendly ladies this way.

Take up other (non-gun) hobbies where you'll meet people; don't focus on meeting women, focus on meeting people. The connections you make will be based on the hobby, not the gun, so the gun will seem less important.

Don't do all the work yourself; let others help you. Network, network, network.

I think it all depends on what the culture is where you live. Open carry might not be given a second thought in a rural area, especially out west. It's probably a different story at the mall downtown. The vast majority of people who carry a handgun do so concealed, so unless open carry is prevalent in your neck of the woods, it's probably going to be looked at as odd to most people....especially women.

You can't very well put a gun front and center in every social interaction you make during the day, and not expect it to factor in to how women perceive you. Open carry is rare in Indianapolis, so don't be surprised if you get some sideways looks. It's up to you to decide what's important.
    Slow is smooth.....smooth is fast.

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    jofrdo, good idea, ill prolly start hanging out more at the NRA range by my house. Hopefully that will spawn some good relationships
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

1) I am guessing you dont want to have a gal who isn't at least ok with guns, so dont worry about it! if the gun completely turns her away, then she isnt the one you were looking for.
    2) as said above, confidense without cockyness! make SURE you dont try and act 'cool' or 'tough' b/c you have a gun
    3) be a gentleman. it goes a long ways
    4) dont bring up the topic of guns. if your OCing, im sure she will. dont turn it into a huge conversation unless she wants to. just tell her ' Im the only one responsible for taking care of myself and those I love, not to mention its a fun hobbie.... what hobbies are you interested in?'

and +1 for trying to meet a lady already into guns. unfortunatly there are not a ton out there. much more likely you will find someone who isnt closed to the idea, and you can teach her how much fun it is!
    actually, a great way might be to try and meet any single friends of a shooting buddy's wife.

thats all the advice I can think of, but Im not you average girl. im sure most will go running off screaming :-p
    Wo die Notwehr aufhört, fängt der Mord an
    (Murder begins where self-defense ends)
    Georg Büchner

I'm in college, so pretty much the only places to meet girls are in school, bars, and house parties... all of which being illegal carry scenarios.

It's definitely a double edged blade. I'm relatively defenseless, but I don't have to worry about a negative reaction during the first few encounters. The plan is usually to find some excuse to bring up guns/defense without coming right out and saying it, then gauge her reaction.
    Last edited by Gumbo; May 24th, 2010 at 03:16 PM. Reason: typo

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links