Single guys, question about the approach to women

This is a discussion on Single guys, question about the approach to women within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey, im wondering how to best approach a woman while OC'ing, I'm afraid the gun would just scare them off. Is there a way to ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar

Hey, im wondering how to best approach a woman while OC'ing, I'm afraid the gun would just scare them off. Is there a way to stand, do you mention it, or just approach normally? This is something thats really been on my mind lately
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

I'm not single, but I have many female friends.

There is a wide and diverse universe of women out there. Some will be turned off by the OC. Some will be attracted to it. They self-identify.

My advice is to find the ones who aren't turned off by it.

My best friend and business partner is a former model/Miss America contestant. She likes guns. A lot. On the other hand, she detests men who are insecure, and try to flaunt the gun. She has guns, too.

If you don't make a big deal of the gun, I've found that the ones who are okay with it will eventually ask about it.

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    is your best friend and business partner single? lol, great advice, thanks
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Quote Originally Posted by INccwchris View Post
    is your best friend and business partner single? lol, great advice, thanks
    You get points for trying.

You have no idea how frustrating it is to be her. Jerks are drawn like moths to a flame and nice guys keep away in droves.

She's in a relationship, and I hope this one works out.

I am single & believe that the majority of women, would be turned off by it. I wouldn't carry while " looking ."

VIP Member
    Confidence is everything. If you act like the gun on your side is what you are thinking about, then people will pick up on that. If you act as if it just another item of your everyday life, they will pick up on that also.

Some women are turned off by pocket protectors, but I've seen guys make it work. Most people are not interested in one dimensional people. A pocket protector or a handgun, openly carried, is not all that you are. Don't act like it is.

BTW, this is good for all interactions, not just meeting women.

Good luck!
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

test the waters through conversations. If they are favorable toward the topic, give them a 2nd look. There are single ladies who are favorably disposed to the gun culture out there, just have to do a little looking.

Im single and looking. CONFIDENCE is your friend, that handgun on your hip should be no different then a set of keys in your pocket or your cell phone. I also know that women view of firearms are no different then a guys. Some love them, some hate them and some are "I dont have a PROBLEM with guns, I just dont carry/own any" at least in my experience. I have a friend who she was totally OPPOSED to owning a gun and carrying one. ( I was unaware of this at the time because I always CCd around her and her sisters because her younger sister was afraid of guns, abusive ex...) Until one day I spilled coffee on my shirt and had to remove it and throw it in her washer.... She saw my smith and wesson .40 SOB. She looked at me and couldnt say a word for about 5 mins. eventually she yelled that she hates guns they kill people etc, until I said Ive been Carying this for the last 10 months... I havent killed anyone. She stopped thought and apologized. Now she is learning to shoot and wants her LTCF after we had a long talk about it.

Moral of the story is that no matter what, they WILL eventually find out. Accidentally or you will tell them.
    BETTER TO BE TRIED BY 12 THAN CARRIED BY 6
    Hesitation kills faster than a bullet.
    If your head is up your *$$ you are unaware of danger. You are in the perfect position to kiss it goodbye.
    Open Carry LAW for Pennsylvania
    http://www.thecrimsonpirate.com/rtkb...pdate_2009.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by INccwchris View Post
    Hey, im wondering how to best approach a woman while OC'ing, I'm afraid the gun would just scare them off. Is there a way to stand, do you mention it, or just approach normally? This is something thats really been on my mind lately
    I'd say that if you are set on open carrying just approach women normally and be prepared for whatever the response may be. As in the words of a song: "Some girls don't like boys like me but then some girls do".

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    Be confident without being cocky. Be a perfect gentleman and my guess is that you'll have few problems. Sure, occasionally a girl will freak out about the firearm, but if you're a perfect gentleman it will turn out well. My biggest advice is to treat it like it's just a normal part of your ensemble and not make a deal out of it. If she asks, then be polite. If she seems scared, be polite and helpful without being condescending. Act like a gentleman and most ladies will respond to your gentlemanliness well.

If, on the other hand, you use the firearm on your hip to feel better about yourself or to make yourself powerful, most ladies will sense that and will stay away in droves.
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

My current relationship started during the exact same time i was getting my CHL. She always thought it was fine...until one day she wrapped her arm around me and laughed about my extra mag....she doesnt care one way or the other, but you can tell she likes knowing I have it when we go places at night.
    Drew Steele NREMT-P
    Kimber Custom 2 TLE
    Glock 23
    Glock 36
    Sig 229
    Ruger LCP

Quote Originally Posted by 120mm View Post
    On the other hand, she detests men who are insecure, and try to flaunt the gun.

That right there ^^^ is a good point . I'm a woman and I would run like the wind away from any man who has that macho bravado attitude demonstrated by his need to flaunt his firearm. Huge turn-off.

While I couldn't care less if someone I'm dating carries or not, I would NEVER date a man who didn't like firearms. Men who are anti-gun don't stand a snowball's chance in hell with me.

I know many women who feel the exact opposite and would never date a man who keeps firearms.

To each their own

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    Be yourself. If whatever girl you are interested in doesn't like it, it is better to find out now than after a decade of marriage and 2 kids together.

Hopefully, you like who you are 'cause you'r stuck with him. :)
    "a reminder that no law can replace personal responsibility" - Bill Clinton 2010.

they easiest way to locate a good woman is to go about your daily life doing what you enjoy doing. if you see one that interests you ask her out. she can say yes or she can say no.

desperation is a dating killer.
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

Open carry might not be the best choice until you develop a rapport. I carried for over two months with my fiancee, she or her family had no clue. They are pro-gun, with long guns for hunting and sport. They just dont have a lot of expereince with handguns. They know I carry and have no problem with it. i OC on their farm due to lots of wildlife around. In retrospectI am glad I waited to reveal my carry status.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links