Ultimatum From the Rabbi - Page 6

Ultimatum From the Rabbi

This is a discussion on Ultimatum From the Rabbi within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I prefer laws that allow posting but do not broadly restrict carry. If the church decides to post, and thus advertise they are unable to ...

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Ultimatum From the Rabbi

I prefer laws that allow posting but do not broadly restrict carry. If the church decides to post, and thus advertise they are unable to resist armed force, that is their business. It also preserves the private property rights.
    ‎An enemy of liberty is no friend of mine. I do not owe respect to anyone who would enslave me by government force, nor is it wise for such a person to expect it. -- Isaiah Amberay

Of all things the Rabbi and his wife should respect are people who are permit gun carrying people who are a safety net that for the sheep who do not

This is one of the most fascinating threads I've read in a while. As a Jew, I can sympathize, although I always carry concealed, so I generally don't have these types of issues.

Any updates?

VIP Member
    The Jewish people are the most persecuted people on the earth... ESPECIALLY at a religious gathering, if I were one of God's chosen, I would never be unarmed!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

It's been a couple of weeks since my original post. I've gone out to dinner, open carrying, with the Rabbi and his wife a couple of times since then but nothing's been said. If I can just get to July 1 and start concealing in alcolhol-serving restaurants, I think the whole problem will just go away.

He called me at work this past week to ask to borrow my pick-up truck for a home project. My heart skipped a beat when I saw the caller ID; thinking he was calling me to have the gun-or-my-friendship talk. Remember that, so far, his ultimatum has been presented to the temple's president, not yet with me.

VIP Member

re:jofrdo

Quote Originally Posted by jofrdo View Post
    It's been a couple of weeks since my original post. I've gone out to dinner, open carrying, with the Rabbi and his wife a couple of times since then but nothing's been said. .
    So, maybe there really isn't a problem. Is it possible he has no concern about you carrying but senses something about the other individual and doesn't trust him to carry?

Quote Originally Posted by jofrdo View Post
    Remember that, so far, his ultimatum has been presented to the temple's president, not yet with me.
    Perhaps your Rabbi doesn't have the "stones" to face you like a man should?

If he is to be a leader of a congregation he needs to be able to lead. Too many in leadership positions are entrusted with responsibility they are not equiped to handle and that is why we are, as a nation, in the shape we are in today.

Maybe I'm reading the situation wrong, but that's how I see it.

Biker

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    So, maybe there really isn't a problem. Is it possible he has no concern about you carrying but senses something about the other individual and doesn't trust him to carry?
    I don't sense that that would explain it.

Quote Originally Posted by BikerRN View Post
    Perhaps your Rabbi doesn't have the "stones" to face you like a man should?

If he is to be a leader of a congregation he needs to be able to lead. Too many in leadership positions are entrusted with responsibility they are not equiped to handle and that is why we are, as a nation, in the shape we are in today.

Maybe I'm reading the situation wrong, but that's how I see it.

Biker
    We're all leaders in our congregation. We're talking about the Rabbi, the current President and me (a past president and currently financial officer). I'm speculating, but think he originally intended to talk to both of us, but now that he's talked to the President, who mentioned that I have much stronger feelings about this subject, he's probably a little gun shy (pun intended) about talking to me.

If he does bring up the subject, the most compromise he'll get from me is to offer that after July1, he'll never see my gun again (I'll be allowed to conceal carry in restaurants). In addition I'll offer that I'll never carry into his home. We'll see how he counters that.

Been to Israel

I was fortunate enough to visit the holy land a few years ago. I was saddened and impressed at the same time. Many of the stores had private security guards, plain clothed and carrying either a handgun or a carbine/machine gun of some sort. EVERY citizen serves a number of years in the military as is their law. I saw young men and women in uniform with their weapons and they were everywhere. Everyone went about their business...

A note of interest: their border is protected in places by two hurricane style fences about 12 feet tall with razor wire on top. The fences are about 20 feet apart and the signs on the fences say caution, mine field stay out! How about that for a solution for our southern border?

Israel has their priorities in order and we could learn a lot from them. Perhaps as has been suggested, the Rabbi would be wise to visit the holy land if he hasn't recently.

Senior Member Array Ragin Cajun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tirider View Post
    A note of interest: their border is protected in places by two hurricane style fences about 12 feet tall with razor wire on top. The fences are about 20 feet apart and the signs on the fences say caution, mine field stay out! How about that for a solution for our southern border?
    Best solution I have heard of yet.

Quote Originally Posted by tirider View Post
    I was fortunate enough to visit the holy land a few years ago. <snip> I saw young men and women in uniform with their weapons and they were everywhere. Everyone went about their business...
    Curious - in every picture I've seen of military people out & about in Israel with their carbines, the mag well is empty. Do they have loaded mags close at hand?

Quote Originally Posted by rhenriksen View Post
    Curious - in every picture I've seen of military people out & about in Israel with their carbines, the mag well is empty. Do they have loaded mags close at hand?
    I can't speak to today, but when I went in '92, there were no empty anythings. Of course, that was the year after Iraq was shooting missiles into Israel.

Everyone that was armed was locked and loaded, as far as I could tell.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

I don't think the Israelis keep a round in the chamber, but when I was there (99) the magazines were in place.
    ‎An enemy of liberty is no friend of mine. I do not owe respect to anyone who would enslave me by government force, nor is it wise for such a person to expect it. -- Isaiah Amberay

Quote Originally Posted by rhenriksen View Post

This was taken a few weeks ago. They keep 1 to 2 loaded mags in a holder attached parallel (sometimes intersecting) to where the mag inserts into the lower. Unloaded, unchambered. You can see the device as a lighter color square at what would be the top of the magazine behind it. That's an empty one.

Not trying to hijack the thread, just answering.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by alyehoud; June 9th, 2010 at 07:52 AM.

As has been eluded to before IMHO this Rabbi is no friends of yours. He has no regard for your wifes life nor yours for that matter. He thinks that his irrational fear and feelings takes precedence over your lives. That is not a friend by any definition that I am aware of. Anyone ever brought some stupidity like that to me my response would be to not let the door hit them on the way out.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Sponsored Links