Ultimatum From the Rabbi

This is a discussion on Ultimatum From the Rabbi within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Lewis128 I never get over how little American Jews learned from WWII. The holocaust started only AFTER the people were disarmed. But ...

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Ultimatum From the Rabbi

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis128 View Post
    I never get over how little American Jews learned from WWII.
    The holocaust started only AFTER the people were disarmed.
    But then, as a whole, they seem to identify the most with the very same liberal groups who bash Israel.
    Genesis 12:3 "I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you."
    Its not like the United States Goverment has ever rounded up people based upon race or religion and tried to exterminate them.

Well other than those 500 nations of Indigenous People and the Japanese
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

2. Remove Ads

GM
    It is very bad that your Rabbi thinks in that way. I hope it works out for you and your family.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Quote Originally Posted by LongRider View Post
    Its not like the United States Goverment has ever rounded up people based upon race or religion and tried to exterminate them.

Well other than those 500 nations of Indigenous People and the Japanese

and why were they able to do this?? Superior firepower!
    S&W M&P40/M&P9c OC rigs
    S&W 640-1 or Sig P238 as a CC rig
    proud www.georgiacarry.org member
    Second Amendment Foundation Life member

I would take the subtle road.
    I don't think quoting laws, or even worse, Religious text is going to get you anywhere.

Where you were not asked directly, I would go and speak with him.
    See what his issue/problem is.
    If its what you think then tell him why you choose to carry and how you feel about that self imposed responsibility.
    Also I like the seat belt example with the more liberal types. To them people carrying a gun are looking for trouble.
    So I explain gun carry like wearing a seat belt. I don't look to have an accident and I will do everything by instinct to avoid an accident. But if god forbid, I am in one, I want that seat belt.

I understand people that have never been around firearms before being very nervous when they see one.
    If he is willing, ask him to the range with the other person in your similar situation.
    Its near amazing how one trip to the range on a busy day will calm most people down about seeing a weapon.

If he is not willing, let him know about the law change and that you will not OC out of respect for him but you would still very much like to take him to the range if he is ever willing in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by LongRider View Post
    Heh, or rounded up weapons in the face of some "emergency" or natural disaster or such.
    "Be justified. Blood may be easily wiped from the sword.
    It cannot, however, be put back from where it came." --Quicksabre

Not entirely relevant to the discussion, but it was mentioned at least a few times that security is provided during service (Jewish and Christian).

Everything I've read in the VA Code suggests that armed (or unarmed) security guards must be registered with the DCJS and have been trained in such a capacity to provide armed security.

If one isn't registered with the DCJS, one is just another armed citizen.

June is half gone and I haven't had "the talk" with the Rabbi. Just two more weeks before I can conceal in restaurants; then the sheep will forget about my gun (out of sight, out of mind) and can lull themselves back into their blissful state of "the police will protect me. All I have to do is dial 911 and the bad guys will go away."

I used to live in Hampton Roads and I went to an Orthodox shul. The Rabbi there not only was ok with carrying in the shul, he himself was carrying. He cited Hezbollah's threats against Jewish targets worldwide as "good and sufficient reason".

Intel chief: Hezbollah threat 'serious' - USATODAY.com

Hezbollah blamed Israel and has pledged to attack Jewish targets worldwide in retaliation. That led the FBI last week to be vigilant for possible threats in the U.S. against synagogues and other potential Jewish targets.
    There is always a threat to any place where Jews congregate so long as groups like Hezbollah, the IRGC, and Al Qaeda exist.

VIP Member

+1000 Nikolai

Quote Originally Posted by Nikolai View Post
    There is always a threat to any place where Jews congregate .
    I truncated your sentence because one never knows from where the threat will come. Lone wolf, organized terrorists, foreign governments, people of different religions or no religion, stupid kids, organized neo-Nazis, and I'm sure I left out a few.

There is always a threat.

In every generation.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    I truncated your sentence because one never knows from where the threat will come. Lone wolf, organized terrorists, foreign governments, people of different religions or no religion, stupid kids, organized neo-Nazis, and I'm sure I left out a few.

There is always a threat.

In every generation.
    That's a fair point. I decided to point out the groups that have made specific, and widely publicized, threats within the last couple of years.

Eph
    Once I get my AZ CCW, I'll be carrying on Friday night / Saturday morning services brother.

In Michigan the law regarding carry in a Church is clear and simple. If the authority of the Church says it's ok with carry in the Church then it's ok. We actually had the issue voted on in a quarterly meeting and it passed by unanimous vote; we can carry. We wanted to be sure the question of carry in Church was officially asked and answered. We have CPL (CCW) classes at Church twice a year and currently have something over 60 members licensed. Once a year (and it's coming up in the next couple of weeks) we hold service at a members farm and bring our deer guns --- that is "Sight in Sunday".
    ccman and Majorlk like this.

Distinguished Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    Simply tell him he won't see it again, and then carry concealed.
    Hakkaa päälle!

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    How about turning the tables. When he said, "my wife and I are very uncomfortable being around you and jofrdo when you two have guns with you. We value your friendship but..."

you say, "my wife and I are very uncomfortable being around you when you two do NOT have guns with you. We value your friendship but, if something were to happen, I need to know that I can count on you to back me up."
    juliandelph likes this.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    My wife is a Christian, I am a Jew. I CC everywhere it is legally allowed. She does not like guns even though she grew up on a farm where her father was a hunter and sportsman. She is very religious and I respect that but her argument against defending herself is two-fold. She is afraid if she carried a gun, even knowing how to use it, a bad guy could probably take it away from her and use it against her or others. And, her belief is strong enough that she is convinced God will protect her and if it's her time to die, so be it. She is an intelligent and otherwise reasonable person and fortunately does not try to change my mind or pressure me not to carry. I also believe that God helps those who help themselves.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Links