Ultimatum From the Rabbi

This is a discussion on Ultimatum From the Rabbi within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Metalman In Michigan the law regarding carry in a Church is clear and simple. If the authority of the Church says it's ...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Ultimatum From the Rabbi

Quote Originally Posted by Metalman View Post
    In Michigan the law regarding carry in a Church is clear and simple. If the authority of the Church says it's ok with carry in the Church then it's ok. We actually had the issue voted on in a quarterly meeting and it passed by unanimous vote; we can carry. We wanted to be sure the question of carry in Church was officially asked and answered. We have CPL (CCW) classes at Church twice a year and currently have something over 60 members licensed. Once a year (and it's coming up in the next couple of weeks) we hold service at a members farm and bring our deer guns --- that is "Sight in Sunday".
    WOW, No dissenters, I'm impressed!
    What denomination?

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by jofrdo View Post
    June is half gone and I haven't had "the talk" with the Rabbi. Just two more weeks before I can conceal in restaurants; then the sheep will forget about my gun (out of sight, out of mind) and can lull themselves back into their blissful state of "the police will protect me. All I have to do is dial 911 and the bad guys will go away."

Plus our friend Ken made this statement:

AG Ken Cuccinelli opines that Virginians can carry guns into church... - Shad Plank: The blog for Virginia politics

AG Ken Cuccinelli opines that Virginians can carry guns into church...
    Virginia Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli has issued an opinion that Virginia gun owners can carry firearms in church.

Cuccinelli, a Republican in his first term in Virginia's AG office, issued the opinion on Monday in response to a official query from Del. Mark Cole, R-Spotsyvania. On Monday afternoon, Cuccinelli's office released the following statement.

Delegate Mark Cole requested an official advisory opinion from the attorney general as to whether citizens are allowed to carry firearms for self-protection into places of worship. This was the third inquiry from a legislator about this statute in the last year.

Virginia statute § 18.2-293 generally prohibits carrying a firearm into “a place of worship while a meeting for religious purposes is being held at such place.” The statute provides an exception to this general prohibition when an individual has a “good and sufficient reason” for carrying the firearm.

It is the opinion of the attorney general, based on a thorough review of existing law and relevant prior court decisions, that carrying a weapon for self-defense legally constitutes a “good and sufficient reason” under the statute. This opinion assumes that the citizen is lawfully able to carry a weapon, and if carrying concealed, has the appropriate permit to do so."

I haven't failed to carry to services once since then.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Links