Police Encounter -Round Table Pizza- University Place, WA

This is a discussion on Police Encounter -Round Table Pizza- University Place, WA within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Treo, I was not directing my comments at you in the form of an attack (which I surmise you understood) but rather your comments made ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Police Encounter -Round Table Pizza- University Place, WA

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Treo, I was not directing my comments at you in the form of an attack (which I surmise you understood) but rather your comments made me think of numerous times I have encountered people who act as you do. I can certainly understand your situation, however, do you realize that others who don't know you will come away with a very negative view of you in general if you do not participate in a minimum of social pleasantries? Surely you know on some level that not every stranger who gives you a nod in passing is plotting your downfall?
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by swatspyder View Post
    Nothing was ever hidden. My firearm was in plain view. Unless I am supposed to constantly have my forearm above the grip...

You did fine.

Those who do not get it by now will never get it.

You learned a lesson and shared it with us, good for you. No need to 'defend' your actions any further.

I'm happy the next generation of gun owners are thinking people. The Second Amendment is in good hands.

Stay safe and smile to the cops.
    If our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies, any and every method of protecting ourselves is morally right.” -- Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    however, do you realize that others who don't know you will come away with a very negative view of you in general if you do not participate in a minimum of social pleasantries?
    Most people that don't know me don't approach me because(according to my wife) I look mean as Hell. W/ all due respect I don't care, if I'm out and about I don't want to interact W/ random strangers. The only time (and the only reason) I strike up conversations W/ random strangers is when I have to because of my job.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Your choice, but you might miss out on a really good opportunity to get rich with Amway.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Walk up to me and start talking scamway and I will shoot you

Just so we're all clear the above was meant strictly in jest

I OC'd past a Clark Country Sheriff's Deputy in a small country a store a few weeks ago, I'm not sure if he even noticed my firearm, at least I never saw him glance at it..
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws."-Penn Jillette

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    True, though the deputies in question showed which side of right they are on. Their opinions are very much against citizens carrying firearms. I fear for the upstanding citizens caught in their crosshairs, when they've got citizens in a spot of their own choosing. (Think Pennsylvania 3-4yrs ago, before their 'awakening.')

It'll get better, but it's sad to see that a percentage of the officers in uniform still have problems with it, to the point it would affect how they engage with upstanding citizens. Sad.
    In this case what others have said is accurate. Tacoma/Seattle area LEO have good cause to be in condition red. There have been at least three hits on police this year in Washington that I can think of off the top of my head, and it has been hits. Not police killed as a result of another crime being committed such as responding to a robbery or DV call. But LEO intentionally sought out and executed, because they are LEO.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    If you can always remember Police carry a sidearm for self defense not offense.

PERIOD!!!!

They are never allowed to use a side arm for offense PERIOD. If the situation warrants the use of that sidearm they are in fear of life and limb. If ever a cop uses his side arm for offense he is then a criminal no different than those he swore to protect in need of the harshest level of law that applies.

My father explained this to me years ago when he was a Deputy for Mobile County Alabama.

They carry as you do. To protect their lives from wolves.

on the contrary our military brothers and sisters carry for offense and defense but definitely offense.

I OC'd once or twice and when I encountered law enforcement the best way if challenged was to remind the officer I carry for the same reason he does. To defend my life against the forced will of criminals against mine and nothing more.

They usually stand down and say have a nice day.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tangoseal View Post
    If ever a cop uses his side arm for offense he is then a criminal no different than those he swore to protect
    Tangoseal - Does this really say what you mean? Based on the post overall, I would guess not but I thought I would ask.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

TREO

It's good to have your interaction on here. Have a great Day.

Mark

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    From an LEO perspective, I'd say they were sizing you up.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links