Cabellas is anti OC - Page 9

Cabellas is anti OC

This is a discussion on Cabellas is anti OC within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by 55bowtie Heres the corp. policy. Thank you!!!! I believe that says it all...

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 55bowtie View Post
    Heres the corp. policy.
    Thank you!!!! I believe that says it all
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Thank you as well. This is what I have been trying to say all along. Thank you to all who have posted. I appreciate your opionions even if I do not agree with some of the posts here. We are all on the same team here. Stay armed and stay safe.
    When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid.

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    Yes I think you were a child at the time.

I'm putting you at age 22 now. My guess is you were 16ish during Katrina and you were a sophomore or junior in high school.

No disrespect intended, I just don't think you have a clear picture of what happened. Most highschoolers would not have understood those events as they unfolded.
    I'm not most high schoolers. I'm well versed in michigan gun laws/polices, am studying law then and now, and I'm an avid shooter/hunter/outdoorsman. I am an Eagle Scout and know more than the average Joe when it comes to America's History. I do have a clear picture and don't think you can tell me what I can understand or what I can't. (no disrespect intended sir.) Carry on
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

Quote Originally Posted by Spec View Post
    I'm not most high schoolers. I'm well versed in michigan gun laws/polices, am studying law then and now, and I'm an avid shooter/hunter/outdoorsman. I am an Eagle Scout and know more than the average Joe when it comes to America's History. I do have a clear picture and don't think you can tell me what I can understand or what I can't. (no disrespect intended sir.) Carry on
    Congratulations on your vast knowledge of Michigan gun laws. The Cabela's being discussed is in Minnesota. It's obvious from your posts that you have no real world experience when it comes to law, property rights, and the real world application of legal principles. If you think everything is cut and dry in the real world, you are in for one heck of a shock when you leave the protected world of academia.

Good luck in your studies. I though I knew it all when I was in my early 20's, too, so don't sweat it. You'll learn.
    Slow is smooth.....smooth is fast.

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaquero 45 View Post
    Congratulations on your vast knowledge of Michigan gun laws. The Cabela's being discussed is in Minnesota. It's obvious from your posts that you have no real world experience when it comes to law, property rights, and the real world application of legal principles. If you think everything is cut and dry in the real world, you are in for one heck of a shock when you leave the protected world of academia.

Good luck in your studies. I though I knew it all when I was in my early 20's, too, so don't sweat it. You'll learn.
    no you must not have read the post between myself and some other members..... he was claiming things that he thought because of my age I would not understand them. Don't jump in a conversation unless you know all the things that have been said.

I've clearly read the OP and KNOW that it is not in Michigan. I don't like how people just assume things and twist the story on this post.
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

Thanis: You're right, we've split hairs enough over the property rights thing. The appropriate course of action is most important in any event. Rock on!

VIP Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spec View Post
    no you must not have read the post between myself and some other members..... he was claiming things that he thought because of my age I would not understand them. Don't jump in a conversation unless you know all the things that have been said.

I've clearly read the OP and KNOW that it is not in Michigan. I don't like how people just assume things and twist the story on this post.
    I'm pretty sure he got the gist of our conversation, seeing that both of our posts were just a few inches away from what he typed. You did, after all, have my comments to you highlighted.

I actually thought of replying to you in a similar way but I just didn't want to be rude. Some day when you get out of school and have lived a little you will realize that nothing in this world is cut and dry. Money talks, BS walks and lets not forget that the good old boy system is alive and well. You're going to have to learn to negotiate that system if you want to get ahead in life.

We'd all like to have a perfect legal system, a perfect police force or perfect bureaucracies that actually get the job done right. The reality of life is that all of these things are made up of humans. Regular people with regular problems and thus they are fallible. Good day.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by Tubby45 View Post
    If you had simply respected the company's right to dictate whether you can conceal or not on their property, this wouldn't have been an issue...
    Of all the drivel you posted...here is the part with which I agree.

I, for one, will certainly abide by their policy...by buying nothing from them anywhere at any time...and advising everyone I know to do the same.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound.

-- L. Neil Smith

Well...having now finished the thread, I find that the villain is not Cabelas but (once again) that little group of CC oriented posters who arrogantly believe their way is the only way and anyone not carying according to their preferences is wrong. I apologize for not realizing that the problem here was not the company but my so-called fellow 2nd amendment supporters.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound.

-- L. Neil Smith

Quote Originally Posted by PaxMentis View Post
    Well...having now finished the thread, I find that the villain is not Cabelas but (once again) that little group of CC oriented posters who arrogantly believe their way is the only way and anyone not carying according to their preferences is wrong. I apologize for not realizing that the problem here was not the company but my so-called fellow 2nd amendment supporters.
    I support the 1st Amendment as well, but that doesn't mean I have to agree with or cheer on the protesters at the funerals of our servicemen who died in the middle east. It's a social thing. I don't think I've seen anyone here say that OC should be illegal.

Just because someone thinks they need to openly display their weapon everywhere they go, and get into "encounters" so they can run back and post on the internet, does not mean that someone who thinks that CC is more prudent and logical is not a 2nd Amendment supporter.
    Slow is smooth.....smooth is fast.

I concur.

I support the 1st Amendment as well, but that doesn't mean I have to agree with or cheer on the protesters at the funerals of our servicemen who died in the middle east. It's a social thing. I don't think I've seen anyone here say that OC should be illegal.

Just because someone thinks they need to openly display their weapon everywhere they go, and get into "encounters" so they can run back and post on the internet, does not mean that someone who thinks that CC is more prudent and logical is not a 2nd Amendment supporter.
    Open Carry Issues & Discussions Discussion regarding open carry in those States where it is legal to do so. This is not a place to debate the virtues of open vs concealed carry.
    Awfully close to debating the virtues of open vs. concealed carry.

Meanwhile, I'm seeing plenty of these violations in the thread:
    2. While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts or PMs. Trolling, flaming, and personal attacks are strictly prohibited. You are welcome to disagree with opinions other than your own, but flaming other members will not be allowed. If you can't figure out how to compose a post without it being confrontational or a personal attack on someone, simply bite your lip and don't post it.

VIP Member
    I find the villain to be the hot headed op who calls people losers, idiots and retards (in print or in real life, who knows), then storms out of a very pro 2A store in a childish manner. That would be the same person who then changes his story in reply to every dissenting post.

I also find the villains to be a small group (not all) of OCers who think that their right to OC trumps the rights of others around them. The "If you don't like it go pound sand" types that have failed to learn that they are only making enemies. These types have forgotten that the second amendment rights they are so fond of are just a congressional vote away from being no right at all.
    Last edited by atctimmy; June 3rd, 2010 at 03:26 PM. Reason: spelling
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    I find the villian to be the hot headed op who calls people losers, idiots and retards (in print or in real life, who knows), then storms out of a very pro 2A store in a childish manner. That would be the same person who then changes his story in reply to every dissenting post.

I also find the villians to be a small group (not all) of OCers who think that their right to OC trumps the rights of others around them. The "If you don't like it go pound sand" types that have failed to learn that they are only making enemies. These types have forgotten that the second amendment rights they are so fond of are just a congressional vote away from being no right at all.
    Wow, thats an adult comment. Thank you. Glad to know that I am now a villian.
    When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by b1780 View Post
    Wow, thats an adult comment. Thank you. Glad to know that I am now a villian.
    You have lost all credibility with me Sir. This was in response to another poster (post 129). And yes, I do think you were completely wrong in this situation. If you want to complain about someone bringing the term villain into this thread, blame PaxMentis. His word, not mine.
    Last edited by atctimmy; June 3rd, 2010 at 03:27 PM. Reason: spelling

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Links