California Anti-Open Carry Law

This is a discussion on California Anti-Open Carry Law within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Today, California Assembly passed a new law (AB1934), prohibiting the open carry of firearms, even if unloaded. The bill was passed 41-25 along party lines. ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: California Anti-Open Carry Law

Today, California Assembly passed a new law (AB1934), prohibiting the open carry of firearms, even if unloaded. The bill was passed 41-25 along party lines. It was sent to the Senate for their action. The Democrats in California are overwhelmingly hostile to guns, and this is a back-handed slap at total gun control. They don't even like the Police to carry guns.
    Uncle Dannie
    FOP Lodge 55, RPOAC, NRA Life Member

One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory

California = Communist regime to me. I could care less about them anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    California = Communist regime to me. I could care less about them anymore.
    That sentiment is understandable. Unfortunately crazy gun laws in California, Illinois, New York, or even in the UK are ill winds that will blow none of us any good.

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    If the California legislature is right, we should see the number of pistol whippings in CA decline dramatically.

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    That sentiment is understandable. Unfortunately crazy gun laws in California, Illinois, New York, or even in the UK are ill winds that will blow none of us any good.
    My state has already taken a stand and drawn a line in the sand.

Lets cut our losses and just build a fence around the state of California. When all the criminals shoot, kill and Mame the the citizens then they will have what they wanted a gun free state with little or no way to protect themselves!

Sean

This is disgusting! How is it that the Legislative Body for a State can get away with passing a law that is blatantly unconstitutional?

It seems that in more and more cases, State Legislatures and the US Congress are adopting the stance that they can pass whatever law they want, and if folks see it as unconstitutional then they can sort it out in the court system. In my opinion, that's wrong. The courts exist as a failsafe to interpret the law and apply it. They're not supposed to have to spend all their time striking down laws that were clearly unconstitutional on their face.

Brian
    Last edited by Benthic; June 2nd, 2010 at 05:54 PM. Reason: Typo

It is an effective technique. Most do not have the inclination or the financial resources, without outside help, to take a case up through the court system.

Im going to start carrying a katana on my back then when i go to california and if anyone asks im going to say im a ninja.
    “What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.” Albert Pike

There still selling beach front property in Nevada, waiting for the big one that will let California slide into the ocean! Do you think the Great Lakes could swallow Illinois and New York?
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

That state is a scam. Just the latest in a long series of insults to their people.

Angry AB 1934 Open Carry Ban

I am doing what I can to help and defeat this and so are most of the other members of Bay Area Open Carry and Responsible Citizens of CA. I agree CA has some twisted politics. We need to defeat ths one, sign our petition to help stop this and pass it on to whoever would sign. California open carry Petition

This is not set yet, it is headed to the Senate Rules Committee then off to the Senate Public Safety Committee. Anything that is done in other states is still used as an example in other states so this can be a threat to other states too.

Senior Member Array CCWFlaRuger's Avatar
    There still selling beach front property in Nevada, waiting for the big one that will let California slide into the ocean! Do you think the Great Lakes could swallow Illinois and New York?
    Fingers crossed
    "You will not rise to the occasion and you will not default to your level of training. You WILL ONLY default to the level of training you have mastered."
    -Ruger P345; LCP
    -Mossberg 590A1; Model 42
    -Phoenix Arms Raven

Quote Originally Posted by UncleDannie View Post
    Today, California Assembly passed a new law (AB1934), prohibiting the open carry of firearms, even if unloaded. The bill was passed 41-25 along party lines. It was sent to the Senate for their action. The Democrats in California are overwhelmingly hostile to guns, and this is a back-handed slap at total gun control. They don't even like the Police to carry guns.
    Hehehe. I dont know if we are THAT bad yet, but we are getting close.

It still has to get the Senate's vote as well as Arnold's signature, but dont hold your breath on that. Hopefully this is challenged in court. In light of the D.C. and Chicago cases from the Supreme Court i think that there is a good chance that this gets overturned.
    "Surely the preservation and enjoyment of the freedoms vouchsafed to us by the Constitution of the United States will require eternal vigilance even to the guarding of it with our lives. We must ever keep faith with our founding fathers by keeping faith with our Constitution."

Puppy8, there are a lot of us fighting against such legislation, and have been for a number of years, but there just isn't enough. If your not a member of Calguns.net, come on over.

Regards
    Kyle
    Be responsible for your own actions.
    ---
    http://www.calguns.net/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links