NC OC where CC isn't allowed? - Page 2

NC OC where CC isn't allowed?

This is a discussion on NC OC where CC isn't allowed? within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by 3D I haven't been able to get clarity about carrying firearms in a state park in NC - guess I just don't ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: NC OC where CC isn't allowed?

Quote Originally Posted by 3D View Post
    I haven't been able to get clarity about carrying firearms in a state park in NC - guess I just don't know where to look. If anyone could point me to a source document on this I would appreciate it.

My understanding about National Parks carry is that they follow the regulations of the state their in.

Ref: Guilford Courthouse National Military Park - Laws & Policies (U.S. National Park Service)
    According to handgunlaw.us, carry is not allowed in NC State Parks:

State Parks: NO 15A NCAC 12B .0901

No carry in STATE parks, period.

You can carry in National Parks in NC. The national parks follow the standard carry laws of the state. But they are not dependent on whether you can carry in a state park. Basically, going to a National Park is now the same as going into town as far as CC and OC are concerned.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Updated version as of January 2010: http://www.ncdoj.com/getdoc/32344299...-gun-Laws.aspx
    msgt/ret likes this.
    I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth.--Steve McQueen

Quote Originally Posted by Herknav View Post
    Updated version as of January 2010: http://www.ncdoj.com/getdoc/32344299...-gun-Laws.aspx
    Interesting, they partially fixed the public demonstration section. It was WAY off from what the law said in the early document.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

New Member Array MountainTurtle's Avatar

NCGS 14-269.3 b (5) conceal carry allows:

Quote Originally Posted by funklab View Post
    I haven't received my CC permit yet, but when I do I know NC has a boatload of places that you cannot carry concealed. Which of them can I carry openly in?

A restaurant that serves alcohol?

A public event (those of you in NC know the ones we aren't allowed to CC at)?

A bank? (okay, I am pretty sure that one's a no go)

Anybody know the answers to these questions or a place where I can find these answers?
    14-269.3. Carrying weapons into assemblies and establishments where alcoholic beverages are sold and consumed.
    (a) It shall be unlawful for any person to carry any gun, rifle, or pistol into any assembly where a fee has been charged for admission thereto, or into any establishment in which alcoholic beverages are sold and consumed. Any person violating the provisions of this section shall be guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor.
    (b) This section shall not apply to any of the following:
    (1) A person exempted from the provisions of G.S. 14-269.
    (2) The owner or lessee of the premises or business establishment.
    (3) A person participating in the event, if the person is carrying a gun, rifle, or pistol with the permission of the owner, lessee, or person or organization sponsoring the event.
    (4) A person registered or hired as a security guard by the owner, lessee, or person or organization sponsoring the event.
    (5) A person carrying a handgun if the person has a valid concealed handgun permit issued in accordance with Article 54B of this Chapter, has a concealed handgun permit considered valid under G.S. 14-415.24, or is exempt from obtaining a permit pursuant to G.S. 14-415.25. This subdivision shall not be construed to permit a person to carry a handgun on any premises where the person in legal possession or control of the premises has posted a conspicuous notice prohibiting the carrying of a concealed handgun on the premises in accordance with G.S. 14-415.11(c). (1977, c. 1016, s. 1; 1981, c. 412, s. 4; c. 747, s. 66; 1993, c. 539, s. 165; 1994, Ex. Sess., c. 24, s. 14(c); 2013-369, s. 3.)

Senior Moderator
    Start here: Handgunlaw and further study this: Handgunlaw North Carolina
    msgt/ret likes this.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"A man without ethics is a wild beast loosed upon the world" Albert Camus

VIP Member
    I thank the author's MountainTurtle for post #20 and Msgt/Ret for post #4 and Herknav at post #18 and have provided web-links to the source pages for our own reading of applicable law appertaining. If this is NOT clear enough...I would only say, "Do what you're going to do, and what your wallet and life's freedom will allow." We've been spoon fed, told and shown what the law is in NC. To spend time hair-splitting for the sake of argument is futile and is a colossal waste of time. How much clearer does it need to be? If it needs to be ANY clearer...then a different question ought to be asked: "Is one really considering the Carry of a Gun?" If the Rules or the Laws are not suitable as presented, just wait until they meet everyone's expectations to apply for the permit, and/or the Open Carry of a Firearm!
    msgt/ret likes this.
    "Threat assessment and situational awareness seems to be the order of the day.
    Why wouldn't physical and mental preparedness be any less of a consideration?"- dmitchsr

"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"
    >>>>ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<<<<

Distinguished Member Array Nakyak's Avatar
    Let's also not forget that this thread was started almost 6 years ago.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    Start here: Handgunlaw and further study this: Handgunlaw North Carolina
    Senior Moderator, that second link leads to a "Forbidden Page." Just letting you know.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    Why wouldn't physical and mental preparedness be any less of a consideration?"- dmitchsr

>>>>ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<<<<

VIP Member
    msgt/ret likes this.

>>>>ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<<<<

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakyak View Post
    Let's also not forget that this thread was started almost 6 years ago.
    WOW!!! MAN! You are SO RIGHT! LMAO!!! OMG!!! And we're being "Prolific and Profound in our Pontification! GEEEEEZ!!! LOL! Like arguing with the WIND! Thanks for snatching that wind out the sails. I'm still laughing and shaking my head. DAMN!

>>>>ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by 3D View Post
    I haven't been able to get clarity about carrying firearms in a state park in NC - guess I just don't know where to look. If anyone could point me to a source document on this I would appreciate it.
    Contact: NC Division of Parks and Recreation Dept. of Environmental and Natural Resources.

VIP Member
    Our laws haven't definitely changed since 2010. For the better, for a change. Be careful out there just the same.
    Slice11 and msgt/ret like this.
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by dmitchsr View Post
    Senior Moderator, that second link leads to a "Forbidden Page." Just letting you know.
    Ahhhh.....the ol' "Forbidden Page" Trick

Ah heck, just go to handgun law and click on NC.
    dmitchsr and msgt/ret like this.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"A man without ethics is a wild beast loosed upon the world" Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by dmitchsr View Post
    The owner of that site is a member here and has asked that direct links to individual states NOT be posted. Only post to the main page. I think it's because other sites have linked directly to specific state pages and it causes high traffic on handgunlaw due to robot hits from other sites.
    North Carolina Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
    NRA Personal Protection and Basic Pistol Instructor

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links