Local LEO's and open carry - Page 3

Local LEO's and open carry

This is a discussion on Local LEO's and open carry within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Minnesota is legal to record with one person knowledgeable, so you can/should carry a voice recorder. I wouldn't argue with them, just politely request that ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Local LEO's and open carry

Minnesota is legal to record with one person knowledgeable, so you can/should carry a voice recorder. I wouldn't argue with them, just politely request that he verify with a supervisor before they do something that might be actionable.
    ‎An enemy of liberty is no friend of mine. I do not owe respect to anyone who would enslave me by government force, nor is it wise for such a person to expect it. -- Isaiah Amberay

There are a few pro-gun lawyers (PM me if you need a name) who make good money suing counties for denying permits, as that statute allows recovery of attorney's fees. Ramsey County does a lot of this. You could discuss this with one of them if you decide to take action.

Even if you don't want to sue, I'd make a point to meet with police supervision and lay out what happened. Look for how to file a citizen complaint- this guy needs to get the right answer, and as for a commitment to cover this with all officers.
    ‎An enemy of liberty is no friend of mine. I do not owe respect to anyone who would enslave me by government force, nor is it wise for such a person to expect it. -- Isaiah Amberay

Quote Originally Posted by JohnK87 View Post
    Even if you don't want to sue, I'd make a point to meet with police supervision and lay out what happened. Look for how to file a citizen complaint- this guy needs to get the right answer, and as for a commitment to cover this with all officers.
    If there's misconduct, file a formal complaint and follow up, as far up the chain of command as necessary.

Serious misconduct almost never comes out of the blue. Letting misconduct slide only provides positive reinforcement for continuing that misconduct.

Senior Moderator
    I waiting for my deputy neighbor to pull me over like he does others on the road closeby. He's a deputy of another county, by the way, far out of his jurisdiction.
    Better be careful with that. Many states have went to state certification of officers, meaning that anywhere in their state is technically thier jurisdiction. If he's pulling people over in a different county than where he works, it may be pefectly legal for him to do so.

Just make sure you have your ducks in a row.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links