Tailed by an LEO

This is a discussion on Tailed by an LEO within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Deanimator If somebody is pursuing a legal activity, is harassed unlawfully for that activity and you blame them for their own harassment, ...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Tailed by an LEO

Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    If somebody is pursuing a legal activity, is harassed unlawfully for that activity and you blame them for their own harassment, that's EXACTLY like blaming a rape victim for "dressing immodestly".
    Exactly? Really? Where in the US is rape and murder a legal activity?

As far as interracial dating.....I seriously doubt that you've experienced anything like the outright hatred that people in many areas of the country have experienced just because of the color of their skin....simply because you OC. Talk about a drama queen....

Funny how the same people are "persecuted" over and over and over. I think I'm seeing a pattern here.
    Slow is smooth.....smooth is fast.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Vaquero 45 View Post
    Exactly? Really? Where in the US is rape and murder a legal activity?
    Did you think that anyone would buy a bait and switch THAT lame?

Rape and murder aren't legal. A woman wearing a short skirt IS. And you're the kind who blames her for getting raped when she wears that short skirt.

Likewise if someone gets unlawfully harassed for open carrying, you're the kind that blames the lawful open carrier for his own harassment.

Quote Originally Posted by POGOTHECLOWN View Post
    conduit, emt, or rigid, only comes in 10' lengths.
    You must be a sparky........I was thinking the same thing.
    Don't tread on me or mine.
    I am comfortable laying on a rock in the sun; bothering no one. If you choose to ignore the above statement, you will wish all you had to do, is deal with a snake.

Did you think that anyone would buy a bait and switch THAT lame?

Rape and murder aren't legal. A woman wearing a short skirt IS. And you're the kind who blames her for getting raped when she wears that short skirt.

Likewise if someone gets unlawfully harassed for open carrying, you're the kind that blames the lawful open carrier for his own harassment.
    Yep. Rape is exactly the same as being asked for ID or getting a "rolleyes" at the local Wally World. I was commenting on your ridiculous equation of the "harassment" you receive with a woman being sexually assaulted. You obviously have no concept of what rape even is. A short skirt has nothing to do with it. Rape is a horrible crime of dominance and violence, not of lust. The fact that you don't understand this is, frankly, not surprising to me.

I'm simply realistic enough to understand that in an area where the vast majority of people don't carry a firearm, let alone openly, you are going to get some negative reactions doing such an unusual activity. You've even MORE likely to get this "harassment" if you go seeking it, which I am firmly convinced that most OC'ers who post on internet forums do. Very rarely do you see them talking about self-defense. It's usually about how they are carrying to make a statement, and everyone is out to get them. They can't wait to run back to post about their "encounters."

I think I'm done talking to you. I don't tolerate drama queens very well, and I like my account on DC. Have fun with your friends at Lima PD.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaquero 45 View Post
    Yep. Rape is exactly the same as being asked for ID or getting a "rolleyes" at the local Wally World.
    Blaming the rape victim and blaming the victim of harassment are both blaming the victim. That's what you do, blame the victim.

VIP Member
    I have to agree with deanimator in that we should not blame the victim. On the other hand those who OC do invite police scrutiny (notice I didn't say harassment). It can be no other way. In a perfect world they would not, but in a perfect world we wouldn't need to carry a gun either. When you exercise your right to carry openly you are making a public stand in support of the 2A. Sometimes when a person makes a public stand there is an enemy to their stand waiting to make an example of them. Right or wrong, good or bad, when you stand out in a crowd eyes will be watching you.
    Last edited by atctimmy; June 28th, 2010 at 12:45 AM. Reason: SPELLING
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and Ió
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.

I know some people are meaning well, but wow, this thread spiraled undesirably didn't it.
    Last edited by Kortanis; June 28th, 2010 at 03:45 AM. Reason: phrasing
    XD-40sc w/Fed HST My father taught me to always use the right tool for the job.
    ---
    A Vespa motor scooter is a motor vehicle, but it's a poor excuse for a family car.
    A .22 or a .25 is a firearm, but it's a poor excuse for defense. -- Massad Ayoob

Blaming the rape victim and blaming the victim of harassment are both blaming the victim. That's what you do, blame the victim.
    Gee....you almost sound normal now. Focus a little harder, and you might even be able to tell me that I am blaming the victim, without going into histrionics about rape and murder. C'mon, amigo.....I know you can do it. Breathe. In through the nose.....out through the mouth. Slowly. Slowly. There ya go.

I'm sure that there are a lot of decent folks out there who OC almost every day, and have never been a "victim." I think I can say that, judging from the hyperventilation in most of your posts, the gun ain't the problem.

Ever try decaf?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Links