need some help with the wife....

This is a discussion on need some help with the wife.... within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I'm getting tired of my wife giving me crap everytime i carry when we go anywhere. well this morning we had to goto walmart ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: need some help with the wife....

So I'm getting tired of my wife giving me crap everytime i carry when we go anywhere. well this morning we had to goto walmart when she got home from work because she needed this and that. so when i got dressed I tossed my gun on my belt and we left. I have to OC since i have a dan wesson 357 and dont want to be sticking that bad boy in the pants. I live in PA so its all cool for that. So we did our shopping were out about and hour or so and she apparently didnt notice it while out or didnt see me slide it on my belt right in front of her. so when we get home i step over the the gate and she finally notices and go "you took your gun!?!?!"..and then throws her keys at me, which happen to strike me square in the nuts. yay for that...we have had talks about his and she still sees these things as oh we are JUST going here or there...i have no clue how to handle this anymore and im getting really tired of the fights that this is causing....any one got any ideas...that aren't wearing a cup anytime i carry????

never had a problem with the wife.

However, i might suggest being prepared with a list of news stories about violent crimes at certain places. I'm sure there have been plenty at wal-mart, red lobster, etc. The closer to your area the better. Good luck sounds like fun....

Don't go anywhere you can't predict where and when trouble will show up, bad thing is you are not completely safe at home either.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Ask her if she wears a seatbelt when she drives. Ask her why. Then tell her, we are just going up to the store, don't put it on. See if she can see where you are coming from. If not, you are just going to have to put up with it until you save her life or your own. It's a shame.

I would agree with WhatGun, point out to her anytime a robbery or something similar happens, especially near you, and emphasize that it can happen to anyone.

I can't seem to find the thread on here, but there was one just a couple weeks ago about a guys wife who had a couple friends get attacked. One of them got messed up pretty bad if I remember correctly and it gave his wife the push she needed to get the point about carrying.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

"you took your gun!?!?!"..and then throws her keys at me, which happen to strike me square in the nuts. yay for that..
    No need for HER to get violent
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

All good advice here. Also consider looking into getting a more concealable firearm that you can carry concealed. This may keep some of those fights from happening also if she doesn't know you are carrying, and/or knows that others don't know you're carrying.

Like others said, just keep reminding her of the crime that happens in society lately, and that you carry to be able to protect your family "if and when" the need arises.

Good luck with that.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Just be glad the heys were the only thig that hit the nads. Could have been a Foot! PS If you got a smaller gun CC for a month , If she don't notice GREAT.
    I'm not debating OC Vs CC just worth a try ; )
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

thrf I guess I type to slow/ Better use my other finger ; )
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Conceal your firearm and she won't know.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

I've had similar issues with the wife...she "just doesn't understand"...

She had no problem when I had to carry for the job,,,but since I don't have to now, she says I don't need to carry any more...

Yesterday, she came how from work, with a couple of stories from friends, about several "incidents" in the area...

I didn't say a word, but just gave her "the look"...she said she was thinking about what I have said to her about protecting us...

Slowly, she's starting to come around...
    VCDL Member
    "Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."
    Theodore Roosevelt

yeah i am working on the getting a concealed piece but she didnt even see the gun until after we were home, however funds are tight and well she keeps saying we need a lot of other things before i get a new gun. one of these things she is wanting is a child...but yeah lol, however since the incident has happened she has apologized so we will see...

wear it concealed and don't let her know you are wearing it. Go IWB and she will never see it. Also get a smaller weapon. I also wear the 5.11 deep cover shirts and my wife does not even know I have my glock on me. Now she likes the fact that I carry. Sorry your wife does not understand.

Ray
    Texas
    Check out my websites....

http://www.prophezine.com

http://survival4christians.blogspot.com/

Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm on my second marriage. Just saying.... :)

Check the local news for stories about local robberies and such (online and through different websites or local news websites). Usually it means more when something happens just up the road from you... People are usually amazed at how much doesn't show up on the local news stations because there is just so much happening that they didn't know about.
    One of the most dangerous political philosophies afflicting America today is the belief that we canít allow anyone to suffer the natural consequences of their own stupidity.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links