Best day ever

Best day ever

This is a discussion on Best day ever within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Today was the best day ever. My Mom asked me if she could go to the range with me and I naturally said yes. So ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best day ever

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar

Best day ever

Today was the best day ever. My Mom asked me if she could go to the range with me and I naturally said yes. So i loaded my holsters up with my Ruger Security Six and my XDM .40 and we went to Wally World to get some ammo. Nobody freaked out, noone stared, a few people nodded and the guy behind the counter selling ammo had some good stories and information about the ammo i bought. To the range we went. At the range Mom shot pretty good, most rounds were in the bottle of the target and she only missed a few times. Keep in mind she was shooting .38 specials and .357 magnums in addition to my .40 I was very impressed with how quickly she learned and we both got to spend some time bonding over my guns. A gentleman down the line asked if he could take a look at my XDM and i said sure no problem, and offered to let him shoot it. In return he let me shoot his XD9 sub compact with a Crimson Trace grip mounted laser on it. I really liked that grip laser, helped me stitch 5 rounds across the throat of my target at about 15 feet away and I kept them alll grouped in a 1.5 inch hole. I also got to shoot a old Smith and Wesson .22 caliber snubbie. Gotta love a day at the range. And the best part is, I get paid to do it all over again tomorrow morning, and I get some free tactical training at the same time. Great start to my week.

btw, mom was adamant about how much she liked my XDM .40, time to buy an XDM .45 perhaps? And now she wants to get her permit
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Congrats, glad all had a great time and keep after her to get her permit.

Senior Member Array CCWFlaRuger's Avatar
    Congrats, and good for you, Mom, for opening your mind!
    "You will not rise to the occasion and you will not default to your level of training. You WILL ONLY default to the level of training you have mastered."
    -Ruger P345; LCP
    -Mossberg 590A1; Model 42
    -Phoenix Arms Raven

Well done! Quality time with Mom. She needs to get her cc and an XD of her own, they are very nice guns.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Outstanding day!!

It was a great day!
    Quote Originally Posted by INccwchris View Post
    mom was adamant about how much she liked my XDM .40
    Does she have a birthday coming up?

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    no not soon, maybe for christmas. but she did say something about stealing my XDM.40
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Cool

Very very cool I'm just a little jealous, Moms not with us any more but she did enjoy stuff like that
    "Just because your paranoid doesn't mean their not out to get you !!!" Henry Kissenger as a wise man said to me strive to own one of every type and caliber

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    Very cool.
    "Don't Tread on Me"

YouTube - Spongebob Squarepants-Best Day Ever(With lyrics)

best day ever?

couldn't resist, the kids watched two hours of spongebob yesterday
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moratati

Outstanding!

I concur, a damn great day! I wish my mother was still around to take to the range.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

kpw
    Quote Originally Posted by joker1 View Post
    I concur, a damn great day! I wish my mother was still around to take to the range.
    +1 I loved shooting with my mom. She always wanted to shoot the big stuff, too.

Great day OP, enjoy as many as you can.
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

"Today I was pompous and my sister was crazy. We were kidnapped by hill folk never to be seen again. It was the best day ever." LOL

Glad you had a good time. My Mom isn't anti-gun, but she isn't interested in them at all. I'm jealous.

Awesome!! Good for you!

My mother doesn't know I own guns. She may assume, but she's never said anything. She does know I have my CHP (she works for a lawyer and saw me go into the Circuit Court Clerks Office and asked me about it later). In fact, out of my mother, father, two sisters and a little brother, my little brother is the only one that knows I own guns, and he wants a .44 magnum as soon as he turns 21.

One day soon the sit down will come...
    Semper Paratus

‎"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links