OCed for the first time today

This is a discussion on OCed for the first time today within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by retsupt99 I have some bad news for ya' justjim ...if you're moving to AZ, you're still going to be in Mexico. Well, ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OCed for the first time today

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I have some bad news for ya' justjim...if you're moving to AZ, you're still going to be in Mexico.
    Well, at least he'll be able to carry a gun in AriMexizona.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by justjim View Post
    I am a retired law Enforcement officer(over 30 years). I put up my guns 4 years ago when I moved to Mexico, in the mistaken belief that it would be a better place to live. Now 4years later and I hope somewhat smarter, I am selling my home (which is surrounded by a 12 ft wall and a 5 ft electric fence) and moving back to Arizona. I plan to strap on my gun the minute I cross the border along with obtaining a CCW. I will never go unarmed again. Enough said.
    Good point about Mexico, thanks for the refresher, it makes me extra glad to live in the US.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Didn't AZ just make permits optional?
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Its nice isn't! Doing something lawfully and comfortable and not getting hassled!

After reading so many opinions and horror stories on the forums, the first few times I OC'ed, I thought as soon as I walked out the door I'd get yelled at by anti's and tackled by LEO's.

Most people don't even notice..

Carry on!
    "There is nothing so likely to produce peace as to be well prepared to meet an enemy." GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter to Elbridge Gerry, Jan. 29, 1780

"I'm NOT a Conservative, a Liberal, a Republican or a Democrat.. I'm a United States Citizen..." Me

Somewhere Near Lucky Ned Pepper's Hideout
    Man, I wish our doofus governor, the unhonorable Brad Henry, would have had the gonads to sign our recent legislation for OC. That would have been awesome, especially during those sweltering summer days.

Well, a guy can dream...

I would rather not carry openly mainly to keep people from knowing I am armed. Nevertheless, there are times when I do. We live in a very high crime city. Usually #2 on the FBI's list of cities with violent crimes (rape & murder), and usually #2 in robbery and burglaries (though we did make #1 in this category a couple of years ago).

Among our . . . uh, Democratic majority, dog fighting is very popular, and pit bulls abound. I OC when I take my dog (German Shepard) for a walk so we can protect each other. One man was shot recently for his dog. They use dogs like mine for warm up before a big fight. Gets that bloodlust going. So when we go for a walk around the block, I have one hand holding a leash, and I don't have another to raise my shirt or jacket and draw, so OC is the way to go.
    "A militia when properly formed is in fact the people themselves . . . and include all men capable of bearing arms . . . to preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms."

Richard Henry Lee, 1788

Quote Originally Posted by justjim View Post
    I am a retired law Enforcement officer(over 30 years). I put up my guns 4 years ago when I moved to Mexico, in the mistaken belief that it would be a better place to live. Now 4years later and I hope somewhat smarter, I am selling my home (which is surrounded by a 12 ft wall and a 5 ft electric fence) and moving back to Arizona. I plan to strap on my gun the minute I cross the border along with obtaining a CCW. I will never go unarmed again. Enough said.
    you will not need a CCW in Arizona. they have constitutional carry now.
    . GOA LIFE MEMBER, GCO MEMBER

Nice Varob, when I started OCing, I thought people would freak, but oddly enough very few people even notice I am carrying, despite a massive steel gun on my hip. I am usually well dressed, and most people don't give me a second look. There are times though (see: asked why I carry) when people ask questions or stare. I just go about my day politely and with great respect.

Glad to see your first time went off without a hitch!
    Semper Paratus

‎"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links