OCed for the first time today

This is a discussion on OCed for the first time today within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; First I want to say I have no opinion on OC/CC. I say do what ever makes you happy, just do it legally. As we ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OCed for the first time today

OCed for the first time today

First I want to say I have no opinion on OC/CC. I say do what ever makes you happy, just do it legally.

As we are getting ready to go out today I'm putting on my shorts and t-shirt. I start putting on my OWB holster and my wife says "You're not planning on wearing a shirt over that today are you?" I say " Of course, why not?" She reminds me it's going to be 102 decrees today, so I say, after a brief moment "No, I guess not".

So, out the door we go. First stop get gas and cold beverages for the drive down to Bass Pro Shop. Fuel up the car, go in buy drinks and candy treat for the boy and not so much as a glance from anyone.

Arrive at BPS a little after lunch time, so we decide to try the restaurant in the store. Enter in at the main entrance where my son and I sit in the chairs near the big fire place while my wife returns a few items we had purchased earlier. Again, nothing, not a word.

We have lunch, do a little shopping and leave. On the trip home we stop at Target and still nothing, no one says a word to me about my sidearm, no questions, not one are you a cop? Not even a dirty look.

So, I say to my wife, that's the first time I've carried my gun out like that. To which she says ( being a little naive to the subject) why would anyone say anything, you have a permit to carry a gun, you're not breaking any laws.
    I just smiled and said "yhea I know".
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

2. Remove Ads

You OC'd and the world didn't end!?!?!?
    Now you know why I wish we could here in Texas. Unfortunately weather like you have up there right now is not all that unusual for us for a good part of the year.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Open carry. I truly think everyone (eligible) should get the chance to and do it for the experience alone. I think every state with CC should allow OC. Options are always good. Keep up the good work!

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    I've done it many times in the 804 Va area. Sometimes it was a non-issue, and nobody noticed/cared if they did. Others it was like the world was spinning the wrong way. It does feel pretty "cool" ocing, hard to explain? Ya have to experience it to know what I mean.

Good for you!
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

Seems Virginia has gotten acclimated to OC and it is going smoothly. Great!! If more states had OC I truly believe the BG's would not be so bold in committing crimes against other citizens.
    Glock G22 .40 Cal.
    SA 1911 A-1 .45 ACP

Senior Member Array CCWFlaRuger's Avatar
    I would love OC in Florida. I do not want to OC, personally, but I hate the fact that if in any way I reveal accidentally, I will end up on the unhappy side of a "Man with a gun" 911 call.
    "You will not rise to the occasion and you will not default to your level of training. You WILL ONLY default to the level of training you have mastered."
    -Ruger P345; LCP
    -Mossberg 590A1; Model 42
    -Phoenix Arms Raven

I am a retired law Enforcement officer(over 30 years). I put up my guns 4 years ago when I moved to Mexico, in the mistaken belief that it would be a better place to live. Now 4years later and I hope somewhat smarter, I am selling my home (which is surrounded by a 12 ft wall and a 5 ft electric fence) and moving back to Arizona. I plan to strap on my gun the minute I cross the border along with obtaining a CCW. I will never go unarmed again. Enough said.

people didn't run screaming like when godzilla attacked tokyo?

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    I don't OC often, but occasionally do just to be different. My wife and I went out and ran a bunch of errands, and after our last stop on the way home I mentioned that no one had said anything to me about open carrying. She looked at me and said "You're open carrying?"

Wow, if SHE didn't notice (and I am a hugger, so I had been close by her several times) then why am I surprised when no one else does?
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

I open carry at least 4 days out of the week. My daily commute to work sends me into a 7-11 where I purchase a soda and a bottle of tea. Of course police are always there and not a word has ever been said. The girls working have even asked what type of holster I was carrying my firearm in. I also go to Target every Tuesday for the latest DVD's. Never had a problem there either.
    My family: Glock 19, SW Sigma 40VE, Ruger SP101(.357), GSG-5k pistol (MP5 clone)(.22LR), Makarov .380

Quote Originally Posted by justjim View Post
    I am a retired law Enforcement officer(over 30 years). I put up my guns 4 years ago when I moved to Mexico, in the mistaken belief that it would be a better place to live. Now 4years later and I hope somewhat smarter, I am selling my home (which is surrounded by a 12 ft wall and a 5 ft electric fence) and moving back to Arizona. I plan to strap on my gun the minute I cross the border along with obtaining a CCW. I will never go unarmed again. Enough said.
    I have some bad news for ya' justjim...if you're moving to AZ, you're still going to be in Mexico.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Having the option to OC is always good, especially in the summer. Congrats on your first time.
    Logan - NRA Member

Walther PPS 9mm, Ruger LCP

Laugh lots, Love Often, and Defend the Irreplaceable

Summer Heat Wave + Shoulder Holster + No Overshirt = Godsent Blessing
    In the Marine Corps I carried one of the standard Beretta M9 service pistols in a traditional duty holster. Now it's a 1911 in a SuperTuck. I'm glad for the upgrade.

I understand exactly what your saying. Arizona has turned in to North Mexico in recent years. However, that being said, at least they have a resonable sense of what their citizens need to protect themselves an a Govenor who has the balls to put it into law. In case any of you who regularly read these posts might not be aware. Mexico forbids the private ownership of guns with only a very limited exception. You must apply to he Government for a permit to purchase a handgun, which must be purchased from a Goverment run Armory store of which only one exists, in Mexico City. The paperwork is so daunting that there are very few if any attorneys who will take on the task. But once you leagally own the handgun you may shoot to kill anyone not legally on your property if they are inside your wall enclosed property or in your home. No matter I still prefer Arizona.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links