My first open carry day! - Page 2

My first open carry day!

This is a discussion on My first open carry day! within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Welcome to the OC club! It feels pretty good, if I may say so. Most people don't notice, and most others don't care. Just be ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My first open carry day!

Welcome to the OC club! It feels pretty good, if I may say so. Most people don't notice, and most others don't care. Just be ready to answer "why are you carrying a gun?" in a polite manner. Here in VA we can OC or CC, (CC with permit only of course) so I switch back and forth depending on how I feel that day. I'd love to see more people OCing though, it's a good movement, and great for the 2A. Good luck with your continued OCing!
    Semper Paratus

‎"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    Glad to hear another good OC trip in public...

As a Michigan Open Carry Member (MOC) I would like to advise you of a few things that I picked out of your post.

1) It is always good to bring a MOC brochure for you to be able to look up the exact laws in case of a LEO encounter.
    2) I usually bring more than just one brochure.... I do this so as for anyone who seems interested in OC/guns in general... I ask if they would like the brochure to read over it. (any pro-gun talks/persuasions with anyone I'm going to do my best.)
    3)Walmart's corporate policy is to follow State laws regarding firearms. You can print those out online to show any "uncomfortable managers" what their company policy clearly states.
    4) A non-CPL holder may NOT OC into any place that is under the Michigan Liquor Act (so anywhere that serves/sells ANY TYPE of alcohol) Walmart sells beer so no OC for non-CPLer's (I know you have your CPL, but I thought that is a good thing to tell people who don't.)

Carry On!
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

Thanks for all the encouragement and comments.
    I do in fact carry a couple MOC tri-folds.
    I've been out a few more times and have not had much conversation w/people, but a few looks. I'm ready to talk if anyone asks but so far it hasn't happened.
    I do find myself wanting to dress a little nicer when I OC. No offence to anyone who feels otherwise; it's your right afterall. But I do think folks feel more comfortable when I'm not wearing a 'wife-beater' and cut-offs or otherwise send the message that I'm a punk or park rat.
    Then again, carnies have rights too. ;)
    I'll keep my freedom, my liberty, and my guns. You can keep the change.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by INccwchris View Post
    you should always be in yellow, orange is the suspicion stage, yellow is the alert stage, otherwise, glad you joined the club
    Just because I'm at Orange most of the time doesn't mean I'm paranoid! I've been known to be suspicious a few times as I went to condition zero when I thought there were BGs around
    The Second Amendment is about the right to be able to protect oneself from all who would do us harm including Legislators!

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone Else's blood, don't care if I go out the same way

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links