BIG stores policys - Page 3

BIG stores policys

This is a discussion on BIG stores policys within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Blgth43 Since when would corporate policy over ride the 2A, these store are "public" locations. Making someone leave for having a gun ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: BIG stores policys

Quote Originally Posted by Blgth43 View Post
    Since when would corporate policy over ride the 2A, these store are "public" locations. Making someone leave for having a gun is discrimination. The store policies do not apply for customers by sheer fact that it is a public location. If they had a leg to stand on you would not be able to carry anywhere anytime, think about it.
    Stores are private property... they can kick you out, they can make their own rules, they are not owned by the town or the state or the feds
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

If they allow the general public in yes it is considered a "public" location, this is from a Judge on Fox news this topic came up. Barefoot and shirtless, first barefoot is a health issue. Not sure if you could be put in jail for not wearing shirt, male of course. I'll look more into the term public and how the law views it. Pisses me off that I carried a weapon for 9 years defending people who don't like guns, out of sight out of mind thinking just take care of it and don't tell me about type thinking!

Open to the "PUBLIC" would law enforcemnt enforce a civil issue?

Thank you for your reply!!!!

How come you can be arrested for public intoxication in a bar?

just like bare feat is a safety concern they have the right to ban weapons as a "safety concern" as well. Sorry, you will lose that argument, businesses have the right to have safety rules.
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

What safety concern? Just spoke to a Deputy about 15 minutes ago, public location no law being broke! Besides Walmart sells guns and ammo, makes no sense! and knives. Again only a safety concern if I'm shooting or pointing it at someone other then that the gun is not a danger. You could run over someone with your car in the parking lot too, ban cars? Don't forget carrying a pocket knife could be a safety issue as well..

So they could kick me out for wearing lets say brown shoes if they saw fit?? Interesting!

So they could kick me out for wearing lets say brown shoes if they saw fit?? Interesting!
    There is no possibly argument to make brown shoes a health or safety concern...however if its a shop they could argue a steel toe shoe rule.
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

What safety concern? Just spoke to a Deputy about 15 minutes ago, public location no law being broke! Besides Walmart sells guns and ammo, makes no sense! and knives. Again only a safety concern if I'm shooting or pointing it at someone other then that the gun is not a danger. You could run over someone with your car in the parking lot too, ban cars? Don't forget carrying a pocket knife could be a safety issue as well..
    I didn't say it was logical, just that its the way it is
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Instead of forcing private corporations to allow us to bring guns in stores we should be fighting to get them on our side by other means. We should not take away the rights of private property owners (whether publicly accessible or not)
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Since when would corporate policy over ride the 2A, these store are "public" locations. Making someone leave for having a gun is discrimination. The store policies do not apply for customers by sheer fact that it is a public location. If they had a leg to stand on you would not be able to carry anywhere anytime, think about it.
    So your pro gun rights, yet anti property rights. Or did you forget those existed?

If they allow the general public in yes it is considered a "public" location, this is from a Judge on Fox news this topic came up. Barefoot and shirtless, first barefoot is a health issue. Not sure if you could be put in jail for not wearing shirt, male of course. I'll look more into the term public and how the law views it. Pisses me off that I carried a weapon for 9 years defending people who don't like guns, out of sight out of mind thinking just take care of it and don't tell me about type thinking!
    I'm not sure what the law is in Indiana, but in Georgia private property rights apply whether the place is open to the public or not. There is no sign law here, but if a company ask you to leave and you don't, you can be arrested for trespass. They do not even have to give you a reason, just ask you to leave and by law you have too. I would imagine the majority of states take this view of private property rights with public access, it's still private property. Georgia is also a hire/fire at will state, meaning no reason has to be given to fire a employee. A private employer can fire you for any reason as long as it doesn't fall into the protected classes (race, handicap, etc.) of which the 2A is not one.

Your 2A rights are not affected by a private property business requesting you not shop in their store armed. You have the choice not to disarm and instead not enter (or leave when asked in states with no signage laws). This is the way it should be, no single right should trump the rights of others.
    http://www.saf.org/ --- Fighting for American's Gun Rights
    http://GeorgiaCarry.org --- Fighting for Georgian's Gun Rights.
    http://Georgiapacking.org --- Discussion of Georgia Gun Laws.

The simple answer for me is to support those business that accept that I have a right to carry a firearm to defend myself. And to not support the businesses that do not accept that right. I will generally let them know that I will no longer shop with them if the issue comes up. That's my preference. They can keep their property rights. And I can give my money to someone else.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links