BIG stores policys - Page 4

BIG stores policys

This is a discussion on BIG stores policys within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; private open for public access. What if Walmart didn't like my shoes could they kick me out? Or the color of my skin, private property, ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: BIG stores policys

private open for public access. What if Walmart didn't like my shoes could they kick me out? Or the color of my skin, private property, you could kick them out because of color/race could you not? If it was not public access ie: your home you would have a point.

Our guns are protected under the 2A if I recall. Heck I've bought handguns at walmart...

No, but you open it to the public it changes to public access. Google public location or public place, there are some interesting points.

How come you can be arrested for "public intoxication" in a wal mart or a bar if they are private?

Our statutes do not define “public place” or “place of public resort,” but Indiana courts have nevertheless applied a consistent interpretation of the term “public place.” Fought v. State, 898 N.E.2d 447, 450 (Ind. Ct. App. 2008). “A „public place‟ does not mean a place devoted solely to the uses of the public; but it means a place which is in point of fact public, as distinguished from private, - a place that is visited by many persons, and usually accessible to the neighboring public.” State v. Tincher, 21 Ind. App. 142, 144, 51 N.E. 943, 944 (1898).
    We

You can be arrested for public intoxication standing in your own front yard, but that is definitely private property in the fullest sense of the term. If Walmart doesn't like your shoe color here, then they can tell you to leave. Fail to do so and you are trespassing and can be arrested. There is a very limited protected class of what's classified as discrimination. These are usually things that a person has no choice in the matter (race, handicap, etc.).

The 2A does not trump private property rights. No rights trump others. They are applied equally. How in the h#$$ do you figure the 2A means you can walk in any buisness you want no matter what they feel. The 2A affirms protection from the government only, not from other citizens. That's not to say a state can't make their own laws regarding firearm access, etc., but the 2A only applies to government infringement against the citizens, period.

You quoted what Indiana defined as public places, but you did not quote any case law that private property rights are forfeited because of a place being accessible to the public. Until you do, and by some of your other comments, I'm going to have to call BS.
    http://www.saf.org/ --- Fighting for American's Gun Rights
    http://GeorgiaCarry.org --- Fighting for Georgian's Gun Rights.
    http://Georgiapacking.org --- Discussion of Georgia Gun Laws.

Blgth43, after extensive searching I've come to the conclusion that Indiana property rights are just like they are here in Georgia when it comes to carry. Signs hold no weight, but if asked to leave you must or else face trespass charges. I've seen this posted regarding Indiana many times. You are the only person who's posted that you don't have to leave a store if asked. I would suggest that you study up on the law before you end up in a situation you don't want to be.

From the Indiana Firearms FAQ located at: http://www.in.gov/isp/files/firearms_FAQ_02_08.pdf which is located on the Indiana State Police website:
    Also, the right to carry a firearm may be restricted on private
    property and businesses by the owners.
    http://www.saf.org/ --- Fighting for American's Gun Rights
    http://GeorgiaCarry.org --- Fighting for Georgian's Gun Rights.
    http://Georgiapacking.org --- Discussion of Georgia Gun Laws.

What the hey, Carry on! You too can become a test case.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Quote Originally Posted by MattInFla View Post
    The Second Amendment, like each of the other Amendments, does not apply to private parties. The Second Amendment only applies to the various strata of government.
    ^^ This right here.

Dumb Laws - Stupid Laws - Crazy Laws - Old Laws - Outdated Laws - Obscure Laws - Odd Laws - Silly Laws - Wacky Laws - Laws Search

Recently Discovered
    Recently Submitted
    All Submitted
    Submit Your Own Law
    State Laws

Alabama
    Alaska
    Arizona
    Arkansas
    California
    Colorado
    Connecticut
    Delaware
    Florida
    Georgia
    Hawaii
    Idaho
    Illinois
    Indiana
    Iowa
    Kansas
    Kentucky
    Louisiana
    Maine
    Maryland
    Massachusetts
    Michigan
    Minnesota
    Mississippi
    Missouri
    Montana
    Nebraska
    Nevada
    New Hampshire
    New Jersey
    New Mexico
    New York
    North Carolina
    North Dakota
    Ohio
    Oklahoma
    Oregon
    Pennsylvania
    Rhode Island
    South Carolina
    South Dakota
    Tennessee
    Texas
    Utah
    Vermont
    Virginia
    Washington
    West Virginia
    Wisconsin
    Wyoming

Indiana
    Public Sex Allowed in Walmart in Indiana

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Submit Your Own Stupid Laws
    Propose a new law! Get it listed on this website

As one can read in this Indiana law, it allows it’s residents/occupants to have sex and publically fondle each other as long the act is not viewed by people (either occupants or invitees) of the public place. As long as no passerbys can see the sexual acts from outside the store, it’s allowed!

IC 35-45-4
    Chapter 4. Indecent Acts and Prostitution

IC 35-45-4-1
    Sec. 1.

(a) A person who knowingly or intentionally, in a public place:

(1) engages in sexual intercourse;
    (2) engages in deviate sexual conduct;
    (3) appears in a state of nudity; or
    (4) fondles the person’s genitals or the genitals of another person; commits public indecency, a Class A misdemeanor. However, the offense is a Class D felony if the person commits the offense by appearing in the state of nudity with the intent to arouse the sexual desires of the person or another person in or on a public place where a child less than sixteen (16) years of age is present.

(b) “Nudity” means the showing of the human male or female genitals, pubic area, or buttocks with less than a fully opaque covering, the showing of the female breast with less than a fully opaque covering of any part of the nipple, or the showing of covered male genitals in a discernibly turgid state.

(c) A person who, in a place other than a public place, with the intent to be seen by persons other than invitees and occupants of that place:

(1) engages in sexual intercourse;
    (2) engages in deviate sexual conduct; or
    (3) fondles the person’s genitals or the genitals of another person; where the person can be seen by persons other than invitees and occupants of that place commits indecent exposure, a Class C misdemeanor.

As added by Acts 1976, P.L.148, SEC.5. Amended by Acts 1977, P.L.340, SEC.76; P.L.189-1984, SEC.1; P.L.215-1997, SEC.1.

Share this stupid law:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Related Stupid Laws, Crazy Laws, and just plain Stupid Laws:
    Indiana residents must remain stinky!
    Indiana Mustache Regulations
    Specific dimensions for hotel bedsheets in Indiana.
    Indiana is a no blowjob state
    Gary Indiana Garlic Laws

One Comment about “Public Sex Allowed in Walmart in Indiana”
    NickyLynn Says:
    May 18th, 2009 at 12:00 pm
    According to that law, it is ILLEGAL to have sex or fondle people IN a public place…such as walmart. Weather people can see you or not.
    The second part of the code states that it is also illegal to do the same thing in a non-public place( as in your front yard.) with the intention of trying to arrouse others.

[Reply]

Leave a comment about this stupid law! Discuss this Dumb Law!
    Name (required)

Mail (will not be published) (required)

Website

Notify me of followup comments via e-mail

Click to cancel reply
    Disclaimer:
    The laws listed here are for entertainment purposes only. We have tried to cite specific references when available but, we make no guarantees on the validity of these laws and as such: the laws and regulations including the interpretation and commentary we have provided are for entertainment only. - Privacy Policy

I am not quite shore what you are trying to say Blgth43. The impression I get is its like dogging it anywhere else. If you don’t get caught its fine.

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    OP... this is what I do. I send out a lot of email to stores I visit a lot or am planning on visiting soon. I send them an email and nicely ask about their firearm policies. The store emails me back and I print the emails out and take them with me. This way if you get flak from a employee you can show them the email from the manger stating that company policy is "__________".

I have never had to show any employee these emails, but most of the stores you listed like lowes and home depot are firearm friendly according to corporate policy.
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blgth43 View Post
    private open for public access. What if Walmart didn't like my shoes could they kick me out? Or the color of my skin, private property, you could kick them out because of color/race could you not? If it was not public access ie: your home you would have a point.
    The fact is that generally your race, ethnicity, beliefs, and sex are not something you can change. Whether you are armed or not is. Not to mention that it is private property that you are allowed to enter. They cannot kick you out for certain things such as race but they generally have the right to refuse you service. If they dislike tour attire they can ask you to leave as with your brown shoe example. It's simply a dress code but overall the law allows them to choose whom they will serve and whom they will refuse service to. Isn't freedom great? You can always disarm or go somewhere else of you dislike their policies.

VIP Member
    Private property, public venue they can pretty much do what they want as long as it does not pertain to race, creed or color.

Google anti gun companies and get started with the boycotts. From medical care to ice cream they are all listed. No more Disney movies for the kids, Can't watch ABC or CNN, no surgery or Dannon yogurt either, cancel your GEICO insurance and throw out your Gateway computer, No more Hallmark cards or eating at the Hard Rock Cafe, No more Levi's and if you work for a union quit now, tell your teens no more MTV, Elementary School is out home school from now on the Principals association is anti gun oh wait no school at all the National Education Association and the PTA are anti gun to, if you are Catholic, Jewish, Church of Christ or eat Sara Lee cheesecake you are supporting anti gun messages and society. No Blockbuster movies or AOL Time Warner and give up movies and music entirely the list is to long to mention.

So who is giving up what to show your support for the 2nd Amendment? No matter what you do on a daily basis you are probably going to support an anti gun business, actor, singer or someone who is anti gun. So where do we start? Oh and by the way no more Slurpee's at 7-11.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

So according to BIg....if you go into Walmart and loud and obnoxiously protest walmart..they can't kick you out because of the 1st Amendment?!
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links