BIG stores policys - Page 5

BIG stores policys

This is a discussion on BIG stores policys within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Regal entertaiment,they own movie outlets all over the country. I carried concealed as they worst they can ask me to do is leave and besides ...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: BIG stores policys

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    Regal entertaiment,they own movie outlets all over the country. I carried concealed as they worst they can ask me to do is leave
    and besides the sign is 2/2 if your lucky and it's only on one door so I am sure it's not adequate.It's Aussie owned! As long as you
    carry concealed and act normal no one will bother you at any of these places.If they want my money ,it's me and my glock period !

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stetson View Post
    Regal entertaiment,they own movie outlets all over the country. I carried concealed as they worst they can ask me to do is leave
    and besides the sign is 2/2 if your lucky and it's only on one door so I am sure it's not adequate.It's Aussie owned! As long as you
    carry concealed and act normal no one will bother you at any of these places.If they want my money ,it's me and my glock period !
    Why can't it be if you want a movie it's you and no Glock period!?

If it is not a public access location, how come you can get a ticket from the local police for parking in the fire lane and handicap parking? Also the Fire Department can come in and inspect these stores for Public safety concerns, they can't inspect your home. Just a thought.

VIP Member
    LE has many limitations when it comes to parking lots even though they are in public venue. In my state there are very few citations that can be issued on a parking lot, DWI, Reckless driving, handicap parking and fire lanes come to mind. They have private lot accident forms which are basically exchanges of information with no real investigation conducted, barring serious injury of course.
    As far as the Fire Marshal inspecting his jurisdiction comes because the business is licensed to operate and must meet guidlines and criteria for public safety and he is there to be sure those things are met.
    In your home you are not required to have sprinklers systems, exit signs and so on even though like the movie your house is private property but it is not open for a public access so no licensing is required.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

"Public" restrooms have to meet ADA/ Americans with disabilites act requirements in Wal Mart. So with the fire, police laws, ADA required to have handicap parking and ramps and I'm sure there is more are you sure they are "private"? Big stores confrom to local laws, state and fed but don't have to honor the 2A, is it truely private property? I'm sooo confused.

Police aren’t required to protect you: In Warren v. District of Columbia (1981), the D.C. Court of Appeals ruled, “official police personnel and the government employing them are not generally liable to victims of criminal acts for failure to provide adequate police protection . . . a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular citizen.” In Bowers v. DeVito (1982), the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals ruled, “[T]here is no constitutional right to be protected by the state against being murdered by criminals or madmen.”

Big stores have lots of people, the more people the better the chances of hitting someone who freaks out and calls the cops.

Quite frankly a big store is not the place I feel the need to protect against a likely threat to my life. Any incident happening in a big store is not going to be targeted against you, it will be against the store by someone looking to rob it. It's easy enough to low profile it and let whatever theft is going to happen happen. That by the way is pretty much how you should be playing it even if you do have a gun. Simple robberies are nothing worth losing a life over, if you have illusions of being the hero packing heat when the robbery comes down and saving the day you are delusional anyway. I would rather the guy carrying would let the BG be on his way without incident rather than start a shooting incident where innocent bystanders might get hurt when they wouldn't have. Store clerks are trained to cooperate and give a robber what he wants and a gun carrying would be hero should do exactly the same thing.

Gun carrying shoppers are a wildcard nobody needs, including the store who would get sued for millions if a customer got shot by either party. Good guy or bad guy, it's all the same thing in a shooting incident. If that doesn't make sense you simply are not capable of looking at things with an open minded common sense. If I'm watching a robbery go down and keeping a low profile it is not going to make me feel all warm and fuzzy to see some cowboy with a gun entering into the incident.

I leave my gun in the car when going into big stores, what's the point except to make a point nobody needs?

A big store is subject to huge liabilities for everything under the sun, they would be totally responsible for a good guy instigated shooting incident even if it was under a criminally oriented robbery.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodguru View Post
    Big stores have lots of people, the more people the better the chances of hitting someone who freaks out and calls the cops.

Quite frankly a big store is not the place I feel the need to protect against a likely threat to my life. Any incident happening in a big store is not going to be targeted against you, it will be against the store by someone looking to rob it. It's easy enough to low profile it and let whatever theft is going to happen happen. That by the way is pretty much how you should be playing it even if you do have a gun. Simple robberies are nothing worth losing a life over, if you have illusions of being the hero packing heat when the robbery comes down and saving the day you are delusional anyway. I would rather the guy carrying would let the BG be on his way without incident rather than start a shooting incident where innocent bystanders might get hurt when they wouldn't have. Store clerks are trained to cooperate and give a robber what he wants and a gun carrying would be hero should do exactly the same thing.

Gun carrying shoppers are a wildcard nobody needs, including the store who would get sued for millions if a customer got shot by either party. Good guy or bad guy, it's all the same thing in a shooting incident. If that doesn't make sense you simply are not capable of looking at things with an open minded common sense. If I'm watching a robbery go down and keeping a low profile it is not going to make me feel all warm and fuzzy to see some cowboy with a gun entering into the incident.

I leave my gun in the car when going into big stores, what's the point except to make a point nobody needs?

A big store is subject to huge liabilities for everything under the sun, they would be totally responsible for a good guy instigated shooting incident even if it was under a criminally oriented robbery.
    Are you sure you're not a CEO of WalMart or something???

My gun is NOT to protect the big store. My gun is to protect ME, most likely on the parking lot or perhaps at the connected gas station area of the lot. If it's locked in the truck, it might as well not exist, which is why it's going to be on my belt. I'm not playin here for nobody else' money, certainly not the store's but that doesn't mean I feel "safe" just because I'm at a store.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

I could give crap about "saving the day" over a robbery. But if the bad guy starts acting fruity and threatens my family or starts shooting innocent people, humm? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgXnDrdov9w watch this footage shooting a big store 1991 CA then say what you say>>>>>> youtube good guys shooting If one of shppers had a gun it would have ended different!! OPEN your eyes

I've never had a problem carrying openly in Target, Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Cabella's, Applebee's, Gander Mountain, Super America, Holiday, or anywhere at all. The Applebee's near my home recently posted, due to an incident they had, but such signs have no teeth in MN, and I've continued to carry, openly. Never been asked to leave, etc. Aside from the odd 'funny' look from the Best Buy security/door folks, I've never had problems there. I have had extraordinarily good experiences in Home Depot in which staff comment on my weapon, ask questions, and are generally extremely friendly. I don't know if they just notice more, but every other store, people seem to ignore or not see my side-arm.

Just my 2˘.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodguru View Post

This ^^^^ sounds like preaching, which is really against policy in this forum.
    It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. - David Hume

OK maybe I finely get it !!! Most of you open carry because it is legal in your state (without a permit) and you do not have a concealed carry permit. If you have a permit WHY not conceal it other wise it makes no sense to me at all. Now with all the traffic in the stores with holiday shopping why take the chance of a gun grabber or nosy store personnel. Concealed means concealed if no one knows there is no hassle.
    Member:USCCA, NRA, GOA, WVCDL
    U.S. Navy vet 1955-1959, USS Dashiell DD 659. Glock 19, Ruger LCP, Ruger .357 Mag.
    When you are at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.

Quote Originally Posted by IWLAFART View Post
    OK maybe I finely get it !!! Most of you open carry because it is legal in your state (without a permit) and you do not have a concealed carry permit. If you have a permit WHY not conceal it other wise it makes no sense to me at all. Now with all the traffic in the stores with holiday shopping why take the chance of a gun grabber or nosy store personnel. Concealed means concealed if no one knows there is no hassle.
    This is not the place for this discussion.
    It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. - David Hume

Administrator
    Please remember the forum rules regarding posting comments in the Open Carry area of the forum.

Oh...OK I'll remind you'all here in this post. If the shoe fits...wear it. You'll know who you are.

Important: New Open Carry Forum - Please read
    This new forum is being established in response to those of you that want a place to discuss open carry, in those States that legally allow it, without leaving this forum.

This is, as most of you know, a deviation of our previous policy of discouraging open carry threads. The policy was put in place several years ago when there seemed to be a confrontational tone to many of those threads. Like everything, though, things change in time, including DefensiveCarry.

While our policy has been changed and we now encourage the posting of threads regarding open carry, we will continue enforcing our rules regarding civility within the forum.
    This forum will not allow the endless debate of "us vs them". We are all gun owners that believe in the right to carry, either openly or concealed and it's time that we start understanding that we are all on the same side. We are all responsible gun owners that follow the law whether we agree with them or not.

In establishing this new forum, I am asking our members to help "self-police" it by using the report feature should you see a thread heating up. If the decision to include open carry in our topics turn into a disaster, this forum will be removed and we will go back to the way things previous to this change.

As always, enjoy the forum!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links