BIG stores policys

This is a discussion on BIG stores policys within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Question. I heard people OC at walmart and they get flack and have to leave, they call corp and they set them stright. Now what ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: BIG stores policys

BIG stores policys

Question. I heard people OC at walmart and they get flack and have to leave, they call corp and they set them stright. Now what is the number for Walmart if I needed it? and also what about Lowes/Home Dept/Target/Best Buy. Are they the same as walmart policy follow state laws? If you have the numbers and who to contact once I call that would be great. Thank you
    Last edited by macks; July 28th, 2010 at 02:23 PM.
    Don't be afraid of the enemy! Remember the Lord, who is great and glorious, and fight for your friends, your families, and your homes! Nehemiah 4:14

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array pcon's Avatar
    I've never OC'd into any of those stores...only Wal Mart. I'm sure someone will chime in though.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

memento mori

I've never OCed in Lowes...but I've seen a number of guys OCing there...and no one raised an eyebrow...
    VCDL Member
    "Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."
    Theodore Roosevelt

OC'd W-M, Lowes, Home Depot, Barnes&Noble....

Basically, it's hit or miss. I've mentioned in other threads....people hardly notice. Those who do need education that you don't need a permit in VA to own, possess, or carry (unlike those northern state where they usually come from)
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Macks when I wanted to know WW policy I emailed them and they got back to me in a few days. If you would like you can PM me your email and I can forward you what they sent me. I plan on printing this email out when I get a chance to carry with me.

If you go to there website, under "Contact Us" you will usually find a 800 number to their corporate office.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Could you just post the email they sent you into this forum? just delete your name.
    Don't be afraid of the enemy! Remember the Lord, who is great and glorious, and fight for your friends, your families, and your homes! Nehemiah 4:14

The number for WalMart happens to be 1-800-walmart, but IME it's pretty hard to get a hold of a real person via that number. Somebody must though, coz I know when a customer complains to corporate the stuff comes down the pipeline pretty quick.
    The number for your local store is printed on every receipt from it, and you can talk to the store manager if you are presistant.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

Thanks

If you go to the customer service desk and ask (at any of those stores) for the number of corporate, they'll be happy to give it to you. At least they always have me.
    For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him, should not perish, but have everlasting life.
    John 3:16 (NKJV)

Quote Originally Posted by macks View Post
    also what about Lowes/Home Dept/Target/Best Buy.
    Here is some info on Home Depot. http://www.tennesseefirearms.com/law...s/homedepo.pdf
    Kevin Jensen
    Utah State Researcher,
    www.opencarry.org

VIP Member
    Walmart. Lowes, Home Depot I know all have the same policy, they follow the laws of the state they are located in. Never had a problem in Best Buy or Target either, but not sure what their corporate policy is.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    OC'd W-M, Lowes, Home Depot, Barnes&Noble....

Basically, it's hit or miss. I've mentioned in other threads....people hardly notice. Those who do need education that you don't need a permit in VA to own, possess, or carry (unlike those northern state where they usually come from)
    Like Washington State? Where we have pretty much the same laws as you?

I have OC in all those stores except Best Buy. I have never had an issue in any of them. I am in Target every Tuesday. Never a problem!
    My family: Glock 19, SW Sigma 40VE, Ruger SP101(.357), GSG-5k pistol (MP5 clone)(.22LR), Makarov .380

Quote Originally Posted by macks View Post
    Question. I heard people OC at walmart and they get flack and have to leave, they call corp and they set them stright. Now what is the number for Walmart if I needed it? and also what about Lowes/Home Dept/Target/Best Buy. Are they the same as walmart policy follow state laws? If you have the numbers and who to contact once I call that would be great. Thank you
    When I am at home I OC most of the time and if I need to run to Walmart/lowes/home depot/ or such, I just go. I have only had one questioned stop and that was at walmart while the greeter checked with the store manager.

I OC so much that I never think about it, I just go.
    The Second Amendment is about the right to be able to protect oneself from all who would do us harm including Legislators!

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone Else's blood, don't care if I go out the same way

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links