OC vs. Drunk Driving ( not what you think)

This is a discussion on OC vs. Drunk Driving ( not what you think) within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well I have given this post alot of thought and I just have to say this. OC is not socially acceptable but drunk driving is. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Well I have given this post alot of thought and I just have to say this. OC is not socially acceptable but drunk driving is. Boise just had three persons arrested for drunk driving. One drunk killed a family of four instantly. Each driver was arrested for the THIRD time drunk driving! Is the public outraged? Are they calling for a ban on bars? Is anyone demanding legislation calling for more laws? Not hardly. Yet walk around Boise with a gun exposed on your hip and watch the furvor begin. If every person convicted of drunk driving had a sign on them I bet we would be shocked. Yet we as society don't feel safe with people legally carring a gun openly hence concealed carry. I'm grateful I live in a state were CC permits are available I just wish someone would show me an example of a law abbiding citizen killing an innocent person with his legaly open carried gun ( Not really) but I hope you get my point. Liberals are threattened with OC folks, but not drunk drivers. Do the math who kills more.

Thanks for letting me get that off my chest. I look forward to your thoughts.
    In a gun fight, you can not miss fast enough, to catch up.

Distinguished Member Array pcon's Avatar
    I've thought about this comparison before. I suppose it's fair to assume a lack of knowledge and understanding about guns is the culprit. People aren't exposed to guns in a positive fashion very much; most of their education comes from how evil they are.

I wonder if more murders used cars to kill, would peoples' mindsets change?
    Μολὼν λαβέ

memento mori

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    actually its a gun control trick question....

you see...drunk driving is illegal...and people believe that is a deterent....even if it does harm its still against the law and the person who did it has to be punished...regardless of how poor the punishment is...

carrying a gun is not illegal...thats why people who dont carry guns dont like it....you cant be punished for just carrying a gun...

I had heard that they were kinda squeaky there down south.

Maybe drunk drivers don't "cling to their guns and Bibles..." like us gun owners.

Now who said that?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Liberals as a group like to drink, hard liquor actually, and they like to drink a lot. This may possibly have something to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsclaw View Post
    Liberals as a group like to drink, hard liquor actually, and they like to drink a lot. This may possibly have something to do with it.
    conservatives as a group like to solicit (gay) sex in mall bathrooms. This may have something to do with why personal freedoms are not a priority for conservatives.

See what i did there?

Quote Originally Posted by n3ss View Post
    conservatives as a group like to solicit (gay) sex in mall bathrooms. This may have something to do with why personal freedoms are not a priority for conservatives.

See what i did there?
    They also like cops remember.

My pat answer to the "you carry guns around your kids?" question is this. Statistically, the most dangerous thing my daughter does every day is get into the van. Next would be the swing set IIRC. Guns are pretty low on that list. Go figure, they are not the evil killing machines that just look for a reason to go off.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

It all about gun control.... The goverment already hates the Militia, especially the Michigan Militia.. They sure arent liking the new Tea Party Movement, and they sure as heck dont like Guns. Especially Obama and Biden(who was the forerunner for the first assault weapons ban). They dont want us to own guns, that way when they try to overrun us we wont have anything to defend ourselves with, I know it sounds like a conspiracy, but its my belief......

The goverment is going to control us as sheep the best they can, one way to ensure this is to slowly get rid of our gun freedoms....

Quote Originally Posted by Koontzy View Post
    It all about gun control.... The goverment already hates the Militia, especially the Michigan Militia.. They sure arent liking the new Tea Party Movement, and they sure as heck dont like Guns. Especially Obama and Biden(who was the forerunner for the first assault weapons ban). They dont want us to own guns, that way when they try to overrun us we wont have anything to defend ourselves with, I know it sounds like a conspiracy, but its my belief......

The goverment is going to control us as sheep the best they can, one way to ensure this is to slowly get rid of our gun freedoms....
    I don't think citizen gun ownership is a threat to government in any way, in modern times. The idea that gun owners have an edge against tanks, armored vehicles, helicopters, jets, big guns,bombs, and trained soldiers is pretty crazy. not to mention the government can control the supply of .... everything. Until some militia steps up with a moderate sized air and heavy land unit, i don't think i'll be buying guns to fight off the lizard alien people or the fema camps.

Quote Originally Posted by n3ss View Post
    I don't think citizen gun ownership is a threat to government in any way, in modern times. The idea that gun owners have an edge against tanks, armored vehicles, helicopters, jets, big guns,bombs, and trained soldiers is pretty crazy. not to mention the government can control the supply of .... everything. Until some militia steps up with a moderate sized air and heavy land unit, i don't think i'll be buying guns to fight off the lizard alien people or the fema camps.
    lizard alien people? now that one I havent heard?
    Fema Camps? could be. I have seen one in Indiana. Use to be a old reserve air base, me and my friend were asked to leave when we pulled in the parking lot just to see the place(my dad used to be stationed there)

I do see your point on the air,tanks, and etc.. but the main point isnt what they have, but what we have.. In Japan for instance, they didnt have all the superpower we had, but they had the numbers, and their numbers were kicking our butts for awhile.. Not to mention homefield advantage.. Just because it isnt a threat, thats not the point. Its that we have the "right"

#2nd Amendment:)

Already the 4th Admendment has already basically been thrown away since 9-11.....

Also rem, in the Revolutionary war, the English had the highly trained army going up against the farmers we had here:)

But I would like to hear about this Lizard Alien people thing..

Quote Originally Posted by Koontzy View Post
    lizard alien people? now that one I havent heard?
    Fema Camps? could be. I have seen one in Indiana. Use to be a old reserve air base, me and my friend were asked to leave when we pulled in the parking lot just to see the place(my dad used to be stationed there)

I do see your point on the air,tanks, and etc.. but the main point isnt what they have, but what we have.. In Japan for instance, they didnt have all the superpower we had, but they had the numbers, and their numbers were kicking our butts for awhile.. Not to mention homefield advantage.. Just because it isnt a threat, thats not the point. Its that we have the "right"

#2nd Amendment:)

Already the 4th Admendment has already basically been thrown away since 9-11.....

Also rem, in the Revolutionary war, the English had the highly trained army going up against the farmers we had here:)

But I would like to hear about this Lizard Alien people thing..
    I used to work with this crazy conspiracy theorist guy who was convinced that the illuminati/the politicians/the puppetmasters were a lizard alien people sent from other planets to control us, and that they were preparing to ship us all to fema death camps and all this crazy nonsense.

I belive in the 2A i just don't think its a valid to argue that my semi-auto AR will do much when the gov't could put a nice bomb between my eyes if they wanted. In the revolutionary war there wasn't as big of a technological difference between us and the english. Also, you're for getting some important help from the french :)
    a

that way when they try to overrun us
    I hate to break up your fantasy conspiracy theorizing an' everything, but you might want to keep in mind the fact that "they" have already overrun you. They are the federal government. They tax your paycheck. They take your money and do whatever they please with it. There is no further degree to which you need be overrun. You're a cash-producing machine for them, and they probably don't want to interfere with that. If you want to play with pop guns on the weekend, they don't care.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

I've never noticed any particular stigma associated with carrying a gun around here. Nobody seems to mind. Things might be different elsewhere, I don't know.
    For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him, should not perish, but have everlasting life.
    John 3:16 (NKJV)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links