pistol dangling

pistol dangling

This is a discussion on pistol dangling within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was at the grocery store yesterday and I saw this guy OC around the store. Ok In KY thats not unusual but what got ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: pistol dangling

pistol dangling

I was at the grocery store yesterday and I saw this guy OC around the store. Ok In KY thats not unusual but what got my attention was this guys pistol was in a cheeply made holster cheeply made belt lose and the pistol seemed to be flopping around. when he walked past an isle the pistol would hit something on the shelf and knock it off. Why do people carry like this? It is best to have it snug against your side it is easier to control and dosn't look like it is about to fall off the side.Anyone ever seen anything like this? let me know what you think.
    NRA Member

Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    it is definatley best to have it snug to your side, however some paddle holsters will flop a little bit, sounds like this guy had a serious problem though
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Sounds like he is trying to imitate the teen-agers who wear their pants down below their butt. Someone this stupid, no doubt is a brick shy of a truck load.

Anyone ever seen anything like this? let me know what you think.
    Yes. I have seen it. Let me guess...He was 60-100 pounds overweight, sloppily dressed and lollygagging around in condition white. I've seen just that and you can surely guess what I think.

I see it from time to time. They need a good holster that fits their gun and a hight quality gun belt that will support their gun. It's a complete systems and some people just don't understand that or they just don't care.
    NRA Member
    Certified Firearms Instructor
    Semper Fi

kpw
    I've seen a couple local detectives carrying in a cheap Uncle Mike's nylon on a dress belt. I don't know if they just don't know any better or they are just that cheap. Some people will carry a $1000 pistol in a $15 holster and wonder why it's so uncomfortable.
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

Most of us go through a learning curve with holsters when we first start carrying in public. I hope he learns and improves. Trying to draw from a holster such as the OP describes could present a problem; the gun could snag as the bottom of the holster rotates out away from his body.

Wow. Sounds like that guy either didn't know or didn't care.
    Semper Paratus

‎"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    Could be a lot of stuff, but it's one of those things that you can't interfere in. If he's uninformed then you're probably not going to correct him by just walking up at random; if he is ignorant then you'll pick a fight by trying.
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

Quote Originally Posted by MinistrMalic View Post
    Could be a lot of stuff, but it's one of those things that you can't interfere in. If he's uninformed then you're probably not going to correct him by just walking up at random; if he is ignorant then you'll pick a fight by trying.
    Too right.
    Semper Paratus

‎"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

The guy was either very 'cheap', or stupid, or both.
    It will catch up with him.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array pinklady's Avatar
    It sounds like he's an accident waiting to happen.

Or could it have been he could afford anything better.......
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    theres being cheap and being stupid, I carry in cheap Uncle Mikes holsters at times (IWB and shoulder only), I wear cheap leather belts and I can still carry snugly, its about knowing how to do it
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

The first pistol I OC'd would only fit in the cheap nylon holsters. Nobody made a holster for it. And I was not about to get a custom holster because I planned on getting another pistol. When I got a new pistol, I used the nylon holster for a bit until I could get a decent holster. Could be any number of things.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links