OK that was interesting......

This is a discussion on OK that was interesting...... within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; OK one of my (too many) hobbies is Pyrotechnics, and my Pro Pyro group (The HPA) had a club shoot Saturday. This shoot is attended ...

Thread: OK that was interesting......

Talking OK that was interesting......

OK one of my (too many) hobbies is Pyrotechnics, and my Pro Pyro group (The HPA) had a club shoot Saturday. This shoot is attended by people from multiple states, Ohio, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky and of coarse Mi which is were the shoot was.... It was hot, nice area, good people, lots of new things to learn, and I went from CC to OC abandoning my over shirt to keep cool...

N had heaps of questions thrown at me by multiple people, mostly from Illinois residents, some women some kids.... "Why do you have a gun... and are you a police officer?" was no 1 on the most asked list....

So not wanting to be defensive I dropped into the "to keep family and people like you safe... How the elderly and women basically have a huge bulls eye on them, are primary targets for perverts ..... and the every day dangers that are out there.... add story of time someone tried to rob me and the HK changed their mind real fast.... how every woman should get training and carry a gun, how I made sure the wife n daughters went for (arranged classes, paid for, bought them guns) their CCW before I had mine.... how the MI CCW gives the wearer specific rights to OC is some forbidden areas" basically the exchange was very positive and they were receptive, what I would refer to as a political win win for our side.....
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

2. Remove Ads

Keep up the good work ; )
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Sheldon J., nice representation. Keep up the good work!
    By the way, been doing any flying lately?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

GM
    That was interesting. I can imagine their faces when they saw your firearm
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Sheldon J., nice representation. Keep up the good work!
    By the way, been doing any flying lately?
    Unfortunately no I have been waiting for my CFI to return from Iowa, he is training some guys to fly and do Ariel IR surveys....
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Guns and explosives, sweet! Sounds like you did well.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Its always a nice time when people actually will listen to what you have to say even if they may disagree with you. Way to be a level headed representation of the OC culture!
    Protection is a responsibility not just a right.

Way to go. Sounds like you had a great attitude and took advantage of a situation where you could educate a number of folks on CC and OC. Well done.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

It's been years since I've been able to blow anything up. I've been thinking about buying a bunch of non-fat dairy creamer and blowing it to kingdom come...like they did in Mythbusters. I don't think my wife is going to clear that though since I nearly set the garage on fire today.
    In the Marine Corps I carried one of the standard Beretta M9 service pistols in a traditional duty holster. Now it's a 1911 in a SuperTuck. I'm glad for the upgrade.

First of all, GOOD JOB Sheldon!

Secondly,

Quote Originally Posted by The Expert View Post
    It's been years since I've been able to blow anything up. I've been thinking about buying a bunch of non-fat dairy creamer and blowing it to kingdom come...like they did in Mythbusters. I don't think my wife is going to clear that though since I nearly set the garage on fire today.
    That depends, did you have your wife's authorization to set the garage on fire?? And thanks for being a Marine!

Tell them you use the gun to ignite the fireworks from 50 yards.

Sounds like you represented your fellow OC'ers well!
    Thank you for that.

What made me chuckle a bit was, you were at an "explosives fun day" and some of the people you mentioned were looking at you in a strange light just because you were OC'ing.
    Just the irony of it I guess. lol

Anyhow, keep up the good work. Hopefully in a few years us OC'ers are going to be a mainstream thing throughout most of this nation.
    Primary Carry Gun: Sig Sauer 229~R (.40cal w/ Golden Saber JHP's)

Links