OC in PA?

This is a discussion on OC in PA? within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Can a non-resident OC in PA?...

Thread: OC in PA?

OC in PA?

Can a non-resident OC in PA?

2. Remove Ads

kpw
    Yes, but make sure you know the laws about transporting and carrying while in a vehicle. You also need an LTCF or permit from a reciprocal state to OC in Philly.
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

Where can I find the laws about transporting and carrying while in a vehicle?

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich219 View Post
    Where can I find the laws about transporting and carrying while in a vehicle?
    You might try opencarry.org or handgunlaw.us.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

kpw
    http://paopencarry.org should have everything you need, including a printable flyer.
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

Rich I open carry all the time here (I live in PA), click my sig line about open carry LAW in PA its in .pdf format. Its the MPOETC course work on the uniform firearms act that was for training the police on open carry (ill also include the link in this post). It has the info you need and then some. Read it all to familiarize yourself with it, and if you have any questions feel free to PM me and Ill help you out as best I can.

THE FOLLOWING IS A DISCLAIMER THAT I INCLUDE ON ALL POSTS REGARDING OPEN CARRY/LEGAL MATTERS - I AM NOT A LAWYER. THIS IS THE MOST UP TO DATE INFORMATION I HAVE ON THIS SPECIFIC SUBJECT. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU TAKE THE RESPONSIBILITY UPON YOURSELF TO DOUBLE-CHECK ALL INFORMATION TO ASSURE THE QUALITY OF THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS TRUE AND CORRECT AS I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY/ALL REPERCUSSIONS, LEGAL OR OTHERWISE, THAT MAY RESULT FROM USING OUTDATED/INCORRECT INFORMATION/STATEMENTS/SUGGESTIONS.

HERE is the link for the MPOETC/Uniform Firearms act

http://www.thecrimsonpirate.com/rtkb...pdate_2009.pdf

HERE is a printable pamphlet which is a more condensed version of OPEN CARRY laws/requirements etc. for PA

http://paopencarry.org/pdfs/Pennsylvania_Gun_Rights.pdf

~Steve
    BETTER TO BE TRIED BY 12 THAN CARRIED BY 6
    Hesitation kills faster than a bullet.
    If your head is up your *$$ you are unaware of danger. You are in the perfect position to kiss it goodbye.
    Open Carry LAW for Pennsylvania
    http://www.thecrimsonpirate.com/rtkb...pdate_2009.pdf

You can only transport a "firearm"(handgun) in a vehicle in PA without a license if you are going to/from: home, work, vacation home, range, gunsmith. Loaded magazines need only be in a separate container from the gun. To be able to buy a handgun in PA you'll need proof you are a PA resident - your NYS drivers license will prove you are a NYS resident. Your photo ID, your drivers license, will need to reflect your current address. There are other means though for part-time residents.

Links