Kroger Open Carry

Kroger Open Carry

This is a discussion on Kroger Open Carry within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I went to Kroger tonight to get some milk because I go through 3-4 gallons in a weeks time, I love the stuff, I had ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kroger Open Carry

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar

Kroger Open Carry

I went to Kroger tonight to get some milk because I go through 3-4 gallons in a weeks time, I love the stuff, I had my XDM in my Serpa and removed my shooting vest(trying to get something off my shoulder, sore from shooting my 12 gauge all day) before I entered the store. Got a few looks, and one little kid ran screaming to his mom, LA PISTOLA LA PISTOLA, his mother came over to me and apologized in broken English and told me how she wanted her son to learn that what I was doing was ok and perfectly legal and she asked me how she could carry a gun, I explained the permit process to her and actually had to call one of my friends who spoke spanish and put the phone on speaker for him to translate, he relayed everything I said and she thanked him and thanked me for teaching her about the whole process. It made me feel really good to help that lady get the information to get licensed, although I don't know what I would have done if my friend hadn't answered the phone to translate for me. I also talked to one of the employees on my way out and exchanged pleasantries, her eyes got wide when she noticed my gun and she kept looking back and forth from my face to my hip until I asked if she was alright, she replied yes I am fine, but your gun startled me. I then told her don't worry, I'm legal, and she replied, I figured you were, otherwise you wouldnt have it where everyone and their mother could see it. lol Just wanted to share my experiences with you all and honestly brag a bit about being able to be a 2A advocate today
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

AWESOME!!! Sounds like a good day!
    A CCW is like a parachute; if you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

GM
    Yes, that really was awesome!
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Quote Originally Posted by deafdave3 View Post
    AWESOME!!! Sounds like a good day!
    A good day and a smart/reasonable mama.
    You may have made another convert.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Well done!
    America: Your government is not ignoring you, it's insulting you.

The Bill of Rights: Void where prohibited by law.

Sounds like you had a good trip to Kroger. Nothing negative. Cool deal.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    LA PISTOLA LA PISTOLA, his mother came over to me and apologized in broken English and told me how she wanted her son to learn that what I was doing was ok and perfectly legal and she asked me how she could carry a gun, I explained the permit process to her and actually had to call one of my friends who spoke spanish and put the phone on speaker for him to translate

Did you ask her if she was a legal citizen?

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ErnieNWillis View Post
    Did you ask her if she was a legal citizen?
    Well, it'd be kind of hard to be an illegal citizen.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    Good on you for taking the time with that lady and being a point of reference for her and for her son.

I had a similar experience to your employee experience at Wal Mart. At the ammo counter, a young lady came up to get me some ammo from the case and did a double take when she saw I was OCing. She looked a couple of times and I asked if she was okay. She said yes but I could tell that she was uncomfortable, so I smiled and said, "It's okay, I am one of the good guys." She lives in AZ and had never interacted with someone OCing! (weird!) So we chatted for a minute about carrying and she felt much better I think. This was before AZ's new Constitutional Carry amendment, so I told her about OC and CC and how to get a permit if she was interested.

Good day.

Keep being an ambassador!
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    Proud to be an OCer/American is what I see in this post... it is a great thing
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

Its weird I drink a ton of milk too. Much to the annoyance of the wife who ends up with none for her cereal. Good job. I haven't tried oc ing yet here in wa, but the day will come when i get the courage to go for it! Everything is just so BLUE here
    "In those days, there was a lot more respect for other people and it showed in peoples values.... Today the word value means nothing more than something you get on the $1 menu at McDonald's." -BARK'N

Stores like this a very much reassuring. I'm glad that there are a lot of parents out there today that have their heads screwed on straight about common sense things.

For the most part, it seems like half of the people in my generation (I'm 31) and immediately below it (24-29) have a problem growing up. Men especially, have a hard time "putting away childish things" and choose to continue to "speak like a child, think like a child, and reason like a child" in every aspect of life.

Perspective on guns, gun ownership, and who's really responsible for the safety of one's own self and their family is a big one, but it boils down to other things too. Today my family was at the park with one of those new giant play scapes. My wife and I, as we had been taught as kids, were trying to keep our own kids from going up the slide instead of down it. Common sense, common courtesy as far as I'm concerned. Then some "cool" dad decided he's going to chase his kid UP the slide. I know I might come across as making big out of little, but the point is that there a whole bunch of people who have a level of maturity that is far below what should clear as acceptable.

To make it worse, they would certainly become defensive and try to start an argument about how I shouldn't be pushing my ideas of what's proper on them...which would only serve to prove my point as the inability to step back, do some self evaluation and admit one's own shortcomings is an additional demonstration of lack of maturity.

Anyway...it seems like the people who are able to take life by the horns and wrestle it to the ground are still in the majority...slim thought it may be...as the original poster's story attests.
    In the Marine Corps I carried one of the standard Beretta M9 service pistols in a traditional duty holster. Now it's a 1911 in a SuperTuck. I'm glad for the upgrade.

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    At least the kid didn't go running to mama screaming...INS...INS!!!
    Proud NRA member

Which Kroger in Indy was this at Chris? It wasn't the one at 71st and Georgetown was it?

We have to get together after my permit comes in and OC together. I can also show you an awesome gun shop out in the middle of nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by orangevol View Post
    At least the kid didn't go running to mama screaming...INS...INS!!!
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

That's awesome. I think it is great when we can exercise our constitutional rights, feel safe and ready for a defensive situation should it arise, and educate the public all at the same time. I'm encouraged to read your story. Thanks for sharing.
    May the name of Christ be exalted in all things,
    Colleene Barnett
    Keeping the Piece: Ladies Only Concealed Carry and Basic Pistol Training
    www.KeepingthePiece.com
    Looking for a clever gift for the lady shooters in your life?
    http://www.zazzle.com/keepingthepiec...51718878453391

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links