Doofas reacts to OC

This is a discussion on Doofas reacts to OC within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So a co-worker and I leave work for lunch today in a neighboring little town. He's one of my shooting buddies, so I was showing ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Doofas reacts to OC

Doofas reacts to OC

So a co-worker and I leave work for lunch today in a neighboring little town. He's one of my shooting buddies, so I was showing him my newly acquired 1911. I put it IWB at 3:00 OC (not a tuckable IWB holster) and we head off. Mind you, I'm in black dress pants, yellowish long sleeve dress shirt, and red tie (fashion was never one of my strong points).

We go into the fast food place and there are several people around and an older couple that walked in behind us. I walk up to the counter to order as I'm looking at the menu and when I look back the guy behind the counter has his arms stuck STRAIGHT UP IN THE AIR with his eyes as big as baseballs. I simply ask him the difference in a regular and a deluxe and he replies and I say I'll have the regular and a Dr. Pepper and he says real loud, "you can have anything you want, man!!!" I said, "Dude?!?!?!" and he puts his hands down. Then he proceeds to ask in a loud voice, "You a cop?" to which I reply "no sir." He says, "So you just carry a gun because you want to?" to which I reply, "I find it much easier than carrying a police officer." He then says if I was I could get a discount, and I reply, "I'm fairly certain I'm not."

Then this guy proceeds to say he's thinking about getting his concealed permit and I reply, "I've had mine a while. I usually carry concealed, but today with a shirt and tie I didn't have a cover garment."

My co-worker and I were talking while we ate lunch and he said, "anyone that acts that stupid I hope he doesn't get his permit." I have to say I agree. Anyway, I apologize if this is another boring "someone acting like a doofas to my OC" thread. That's the first reaction of this manner I've had. Wish I had thought of something a little wittier to say.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

2. Remove Ads

What a maroon...

Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

I OC all the time. Never had anything more than the occassional weird look.

Distinguished Member
    I agree with Bugs. ;)

It would have been really bad if he had his hands up because the guy behind you had pulled a gun out
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Perhaps you have educated him a bit and he may land in the 'real world'. Everyone starts somewhere...even 'marooooons'.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

LOL, it takes all kinds. It's a wonder he didn't freak out everyone else in the place and get the cops called.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

you have a suit and tie and a gun. why did he assume you were a BG?
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Quote Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
    Didn't you know that all BG's wear black dress pants, yellowish long sleeve dress shirts, and red ties?
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
    I suspect that he didn't really think Bugdude was a BG, and was just being an idiot. It's one of the main reasons why I go out of my way to be 'grey man'. It's sad - I know I should want to interact with my fellow citizens more, but there are just too many idiots out there.

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    I suspect that he didn't really think Bugdude was a BG, and was just being an idiot. It's one of the main reasons why I go out of my way to be 'grey man'. It's sad - I know I should want to interact with my fellow citizens more, but there are just too many idiots out there.
    Exactly, I would have had a hard time not ripping that clown a new one. I have very little patience for idiocy.

Mind you, I'm in black dress pants, yellowish long sleeve dress shirt, and red tie (fashion was never one of my strong points).
    That has to be the real crime here... I'm not very fashionable, but wow... You're one of them colorful, CA transplants aren't ya...
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    Mind you, I'm in black dress pants, yellowish long sleeve dress shirt, and red tie (fashion was never one of my strong points).
    Maybe it was the pink gun with the outfit you were wearing!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Wow +1000 gangsta points, you didn't even get your hand on the gun before he was ready to empty his register, super size your meal, and bend over! But I am taking away 500 points for the yellow shirt/red tie combo, is your last name McDonald?

What an idiot. I hope if he was trying to be a wise guy he realizes he could have really started a mess. If another armed person in there thought you were robbing the place and just started shooting it could've been a very bad day.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

What a doughnut!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links