Poll and News, Orlando Sentinel - Movement under way to let Floridians openly tote...

This is a discussion on Poll and News, Orlando Sentinel - Movement under way to let Floridians openly tote... within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Poll and News, Orlando Sentinel - Movement under way to let Floridians openly tote... http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...7619137.column Originally Posted by Mike Thomas So you are walking down ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poll and News, Orlando Sentinel - Movement under way to let Floridians openly tote...

Poll and News, Orlando Sentinel - Movement under way to let Floridians openly tote...

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...7619137.column

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Thomas
    So you are walking down Park Avenue, window shopping for all the stuff you once could afford, and suddenly coming down the sidewalk you see three gunslingers.

It's like the Wild West except they're drinking lattes, and instead of six-shooters, they have Glocks clipped to their matching Gucci belts.

Would this bother you?
    I'll have what the gentleman on the floor is having.

Executive Director, Florida Carry, Inc.
    Founder, Florida Open Carry Movement

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    Even California allows open carry, although it has the Barney Fife Rule. You have to keep the bullets in your pocket.

And if everybody in Florida does it, the criminals would move to California where you only are allowed to throw your guns at them. (Time out Mr. Criminal while I load my pistol)
    "Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!" - Marvin the Martian

Sig Sauer P250 2Sum 9mm, P250c 9mm - Glock 23 - Springfield Armory Loaded .45, XD Service 9mm - Ruger LCP, LCR, Smith & Wesson 638

NRA Member

Currently 80% yes, 20% no on the poll.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

VIP Member
    So you are walking down Park Avenue, window shopping for all the stuff you once could afford, and suddenly coming down the sidewalk you see three gunslingers.

It's like the Wild West except they're drinking lattes, and instead of six-shooters, they have Glocks clipped to their matching Gucci belts.

Would this bother you?
    Yep, it would definitely bother me. No gun owner should be wearing a Gucci belt!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

The only part that would bother me would be knowing the poor guy with the gun on his belt has been shanghaied into going shopping in downtown WP with his significant other and is miserable thinking about how he could be at the range.

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Yep, it would definitely bother me. No gun owner should be wearing a Gucci belt!
    And it they have to have a Gucci belt they definitely should not be carrying Glocks. That would call for something with custom wood, fake ivory or maybe silver grips.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Gucci Pistol

VIP Member
    That is just soooo tacky, anyone with any fashion sense knows the only weapon to go with a Gucci belt would be an Ed Brown or Wilson Combat in a nicely tooled custom leather holster.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Yeah they're been trying to get open carry up an running here in FL here for a while. It'd sure be nice to have. I wouldn't do it personally but it would offer some protection from printing or blown wind etc.

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    74% Yes
    26% No
    msg/ret: There is another gun that might work as well. Try a custom tuned Royal Blue Colt Python with a custom made holster from one of the top makers.

Voted!

POLL: Guns in the open
    The "open carry" movement advocates are pushing legislation in Florida that would let people openly tote their guns. Do you support the move?

74% Yes. It's a right to carry weapons, so why not display them, which could deter crime. (1441 responses)

26% No. It's bad enough that guns are already prevalent in our society. This just increases the chances that an innocent person is going to get caught in the line of fire. (507 responses)
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SecPro View Post
    Yeah they're been trying to get open carry up an running here in FL here for a while. It'd sure be nice to have. I wouldn't do it personally but it would offer some protection from printing or blown wind etc.
    I agree that it would be useful in case of printing and accidental exposure. However I don't see open carry being passed. It was legal I believe until they passed CCW, then criminalized once CCW laws were in effect, and currently illegal. I don't think it will be an easy task and I see a lot of resistance. Especially from the tourist industry and Disney. I have been lead to believe that Disney will seriously fight it if they feel it will hurt their profits. Good luck though. Has the NRA voiced any support?

GM
    Voted.

Yes = 75%
    No = 25%
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Yesterday's poll is still running and is at 75% in favor of open carry with 2100 votes.

The paper has started a NEW POLL TODAY!
    http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...6061,post.poll

Only 70 votes on the new poll so far.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by StogieC View Post

Gucci Pistol
    Sold only in the finest San Franciso Stores. The FL version would have a Margaritaville logo inlayed with mother of pearl.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links