New pants for OC

This is a discussion on New pants for OC within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; We need to lobby the pants makers (Dockers, Levi, et al) to move the belt loop they put right smack dab at the 3 o'clock ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New pants for OC

New pants for OC

We need to lobby the pants makers (Dockers, Levi, et al) to move the belt loop they put right smack dab at the 3 o'clock position. If I skip that loop in order to position my gun there it allows my belt to droop a bit.

Yes, I know this isn't going to happen so I guess I'll just have to take my pants into the seamstress to get the loop moved back a little bit.

2. Remove Ads

JD
    Administrator
    What kind of holster are you using? I can usually thread my belt between the slots/loops and it's a non-issue.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Tailor.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

ep1953,

I know exactly what you mean. Some put it at 3 o'clock while other do not. But like one poster said "I just thread by holster thru the loop". A pain in the butt - but you really need that loop.

That's why I really like the CQC/s style holster. You can just snap it from the out side.

Good luck.
    NRA Member
    Certified Firearms Instructor
    Semper Fi

I know what you mean, but...
    By threading the holster slots before or after the pant loop, you should be able to place the holster within an inch of the normal draw position...give it a try and you may just decide the new position is pretty comfortable.
    I found that with the holster cant and new position, my draw was more comfortable.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

We need to lobby the pants makers (Dockers, Levi, et al) to move the belt loop they put right smack dab at the 3 o'clock position. If I skip that loop in order to position my gun there it allows my belt to droop a bit.
    If you carry at the 3 o'clock position or slightly behind it as I do, a 3 o'clock belt loop is just right for you if you do as JD suggests. Don't skip that belt loop.

If possible you can thread the belt like this - holster, then belt loop, then holster. I think that's what JD is getting at too. I have a beltslide that works great if you do that. Not so great if you don't.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

If I use a pancake holster, or one with the slots wider apart, then I have to do as JD described. Hit the first slot, then through the belt loop, then hit the 2nd slot. My favorite holster style is the Don Hume J.I.T. slide which has the slots close together (not a lengthy holster). That one, I just thread onto the belt "after" I run the belt throught that 3:00 belt loop, then I slide the holster back til it is up against the belt loop.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

The method I use doesn't seem to have that problem, though many people don't like it. My belt runs on the outside of the holster rather than the inside.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

GM
    I never thought about that before. I can wear different holsters between 3 - 6 o'clock without any problem.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    If possible you can thread the belt like this - holster, then belt loop, then holster. I think that's what JD is getting at too. I have a beltslide that works great if you do that. Not so great if you don't.
    That's what I do with my Snapslide. The beltloop in the middle of the holster loops helps hold it snug, I never skip it.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

Thanks for the idea, JD and all. The holster I use is a Blackhawk Serpa.

When I get home I'm going to try your method. Unfortunately, I'm traveling for work right now and can't bring my gun with me on the road.

Depending on where the belt loop is I will put the holster behind the 3 oclock position or stradle it with the belt in the holster thru the belt loop and back out the holster. This is a nice tight fitting way to do it even with a wimpy belt. You do need a better belt that is stiff enough for CCW on any style pants.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144
    NRA Endowment Life
    There are NO Silver Medals for Street Combat
    Blue Thunder

Quote Originally Posted by ep1953 View Post
    Thanks for the idea, JD and all. The holster I use is a Blackhawk Serpa.

When I get home I'm going to try your method. Unfortunately, I'm traveling for work right now and can't bring my gun with me on the road.
    When I got home I put the holster on as suggested and it works great! Thanks for the advise everyone.

My SERPA doesn't care where the belt loops are because i use the paddle attachment. It holds the holster to the belt as well as the belt attachment and where the loops are makes no difference at all. I love this holster.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links