Yeah... I'm boycotting Frommer.

This is a discussion on Yeah... I'm boycotting Frommer. within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I suppose that this is REALLY old news (August 2009), but I didn't realize Frommer's stance and AZ gun laws until I ran into this ...

Thread: Yeah... I'm boycotting Frommer.

Yeah... I'm boycotting Frommer.

I suppose that this is REALLY old news (August 2009), but I didn't realize Frommer's stance and AZ gun laws until I ran into this today:

http://www.frommers.com/blog/?plckCo...b-4838402e1e4e

2. Remove Ads

From the article:
    For myself, without yet suggesting that others follow me in an open boycott, I will not personally travel in a state where civilians carry loaded weapons onto the sidewalks and as a means of political protest.
    So presumably, civilians carrying loaded weapons onto the sidewalks as a means of personal protection would be OK with this nitwit?

According to the Phoenix police, people with guns including assault rifles do not need permits in Arizona, but can simply carry such weapons with them, openly and brazenly,
    I'm not sure that "brazenly" is a requirement, but yes, people in Phoenix and across the entire state carry weapons openly without permits. Guess what, nitwit, it's LEGAL here.

I would feel as I do regardless of the political identity of the speaker whom these thugs attempted to intimidate. The continued tolerance of extremists carrying guns is a frightening development which strikes at the heart of the political process and endangers the ability to carry out a reasoned debate.
    Good to know the writer is an equal-opportunity nitwit. But what makes him think that people carrying guns are "thugs" and "extremists"? Because they have Constitutionally valid beliefs which are different than HIS?

I think Frommer needs to keep his scared butt away from states like Arizona, Alaska and Vemont.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Funny that "this political process" was born out of "men carrying guns." Guess they just overlook that little bit of trivia.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    Funny that "this political process" was born out of "men carrying guns." Guess they just overlook that little bit of trivia.
    Sometimes its kind of humorous to look at the expression on these folks faces when you point out that we violently overthrew our own government to get where we are now.

Michael

Wow. Ship this guy out of the States to somewhere where he would feel more comfortable.

What world do these guys live in? The ignorance...
    We're all in favor of reducing violent crime. It's just that pro-gunners have a method that is proven effective. Anti-gunners don't.
    ---
    John Moses Browning day is January 24th, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    Sometimes its kind of humorous to look at the expression on these folks faces when you point out that we violently overthrew our own government to get where we are now.

Michael
    Permission to use this statement against Phoenix's downtown hippies?

Well hopefully it will keep all of the anti -gun Californians from moving here after they destroyed their own state by voting in morons

Wow that author was hideously stupid. Seems from a lot of the comments that most of his readers know it too. Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by JerryRushing View Post
    I suppose that this is REALLY old news (August 2009), but I didn't realize Frommer's stance and AZ gun laws until I ran into this today:

http://www.frommers.com/blog/?plckCo...b-4838402e1e4e
    From the article:

For myself, without yet suggesting that others follow me in an open boycott, I will not personally travel in a state where civilians carry loaded weapons onto the sidewalks and as a means of political protest.
    Good.
    One less idiot moron clogging the roads and blocking my way.

According to the Phoenix police, people with guns including assault rifles do not need permits in Arizona, but can simply carry such weapons with them, openly and brazenly,
    I'm not sure that "brazenly" either.
    But I am sure that FREEDOM trumps "Governmental Control" every single time.

The continued tolerance of extremists carrying guns is a frightening development which strikes at the heart of the political process and endangers the ability to carry out a reasoned debate.
    Tell that to the Baroke O'Barry UNION thugs who intimidated and even beat up a BLACK man for not agreeing with their political tactics.
    We are armed for the express purpose of defeating and preventing such things. Just read the writings of the founding fathers if you doubt it.

You worry too much about these things.
    The twinkies not coming to your state is a GOOD thing.
    If they come, they may stay.
    If they stay, they will surely POLLUTE the political process and work against your freedoms.

Run some more away if you want to preserve your way of life.

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    As far as this Virginian is concewrned he can stay out of Virginia. To paraphrase an old song from the 1960s or 1970s, "Virginia don't need him 'round anyhow".

I wish I could boycott him, I've never heard of him. He's still a moron though.
    If I get cranky It's because the VA is changing my meds again.
    NRA and DAV life member.
    1911Auto

Quote Originally Posted by saltysquid View Post
    I wish I could boycott him, I've never heard of him. He's still a moron though.
    Frommer is a travel writer. His travel guides are the Bible of how to travel ANYWHERE on a very tight budget. I can't count how many of his books I've purchased over the last five years. Well... I ain't spendin' my dime on him no more!

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    I hope he keeps right on talking, and has spasms about us carrying hunting rifles down the street and carrying hand guns. Keep the idiots out.

Quote Originally Posted by JerryRushing View Post
    Frommer is a travel writer. His travel guides are the Bible of how to travel ANYWHERE on a very tight budget. I can't count how many of his books I've purchased over the last five years. Well... I ain't spendin' my dime on him no more!
    Ah, ok. Thanks.
    If I get cranky It's because the VA is changing my meds again.
    NRA and DAV life member.
    1911Auto

Links